Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chameleon AUv3 Sampler Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• Version 1.18 is out:

Chameleon now supports up to 32 samples per patch.
    The new 'Auto Sample' feature takes the hassle out of recordings presets. Chameleon sends MIDI notes to your MIDI keyboard and automatically batch records your preset.
    Added a new Import from documents option with experimental SFZ support.
    Other minor bug fixes.

Video - Spotlight on Chameleon upgrades:

• @White said:
    Version 1.18 is out:

Chameleon now supports up to 32 samples per patch.
    The new 'Auto Sample' feature takes the hassle out of recordings presets. Chameleon sends MIDI notes to your MIDI keyboard and automatically batch records your preset.
    Added a new Import from documents option with experimental SFZ support.
    Other minor bug fixes.

Video - Spotlight on Chameleon upgrades:

Thanks, haven’t used this for a little while, looks like some nice new features, think I’ll try a bit of Gadget sampling to use in Cubasis.

• Argghhh. It crashes when I try to reduce the 'Note Length' or any other Auto Sample parameters :(
    I'm on an iPad Air 2, iPadOS13.5.1...

• @Samu said:
    Argghhh. It crashes when I try to reduce the 'Note Length' or any other Auto Sample parameters :(

Same on iPhone 6s.

• @jolico said:

@Samu said:
    Argghhh. It crashes when I try to reduce the 'Note Length' or any other Auto Sample parameters :(

Same on iPhone 6s.

Ok.
    Crashes in stand-alone too :(
    I somehow feel that the wrong build was sent off to the AppStore...

• It's also missing the option to set the start-note and end-note (to sample a range of notes) and also the velocity for the note-on events. This could be handy for sampling a drum kit.

I put a post on his FB page so we'll see what happens...

• @Samu said:
    It's also missing the option to set the start-note and end-note (to sample a range of notes) and also the velocity for the note-on events. This could be handy for sampling a drum kit.

Thank you @Samu

• edited July 2020

@Charlesalbert said:

Thank you @Samu

You're welcome this is a 'sketchy' bug in the stand-alone the knobs sometimes work and sometimes it just crashes.
    AUv3 crashes all the time :(

I can still do single samples without problems. It's just the auto-sampler that is tricky.

Also I do wish yo was possible to 'blow up' the sample editor (ie. bigger view) making detail edits easier.
    (also instead of 'clear' (ie. make zeros) I wish it was possible to 'delete' a selection).

Also the 'crop' could crop until the end of the loop to optimize storage.

• Would love to see time stretch added also

• plz no. keep it simple.

• edited July 2020

SFZ support say what....

• edited July 2020

Just bought this yesterday.. and got the update (new) update just hours after purchase.. what a coincidence..
    Dham.. should have bought this thing a long time ago..

Excellent..

Thanks for making..

• Questions

• Can you automate sample start/end/loop points/region ?
    • Is there a pitch envelope
    • Polyphonic legato ?

Thanks in advance :)

• Import from Documents doesn’t do anything, as far as I can tell. Most likely the problem is situated between my ears 😢

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Import from Documents doesn’t do anything, as far as I can tell. Most likely the problem is situated between my ears 😢

You are trying to Import presets or banks, have you saved any of those?
    If you want to Import samples from Files, use the Import button at the top of the Samples panel (left of the sample waveform panel).

• @Samu
    Did you notice you can pinch-zoom in the Sample Edit window?

• @CracklePot said:
    @Samu
    Did you notice you can pinch-zoom in the Sample Edit window?

Yepp, long time ago ;)
    It's still a pretty small waveform view compared to Auditor and TwistedWave haha.

Other nice touches are that when adjusting the loop start & end is that it snaps to zero crossing and after that possible to nudge the position markers. (I usually loop my samples with Auditor if/when I sample with the iPad).

Over all it's pretty solid.app though if I stay away from the auto sampler glitches for now, that make it crash...
    (No reply on FB yet but I also requested being able to set the Start & End Note and Velocity when auto-sampling).

I sometimes forget to 'update/save' the sample after adjusting the loop points and when I re-load the preset the loop edits are gone, I know user malfunction...

Still hoping we'll see a proper Simpler / Logic QuickSampler 'clone' for iPadOS...
    (Or Cubase Sampler Track for Cubasis).

Chameleon is still worthy to stay on my iPad :)
    (Making room for iPadOS14 for later this year so I have little mercy on apps that don't click with me).

• I get a crash every time I try to adjust note length in auv3 for autosample but when I just leave it alone it’ll autosample whatever pretty easily. I’ve been using it to sample syntronik patches without too much issue

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    I get a crash every time I try to adjust note length in auv3 for autosample but when I just leave it alone it’ll autosample whatever pretty easily. I’ve been using it to sample syntronik patches without too much issue

Puuh, thought I was alone with the bugs :)

Setting start & end notes could be handy as well as note-on velocity.
    This way one could more easily sample drum-kits...
    (I'm using the Auto Sampler in Logic quite a bit).

• Crashes for me too on adjusting auto sample but otherwise it’s working ok, hope it gets fixed soon so it can sample with more pitches per octave. I can notice the artefacts when playing a B note as it’s the furthest away in pitch.

• iPadOS13.6 just dropped so once I clean up some slack from my iPad Air 2 I'll run the update and check...

• @samu @Fingolfinzzz @GrimLucky and anyone getting Autosampler crashes.

I am getting the same Insta-crash when trying to tweak knobs in the Autosampler window.
    I am hitting the Record button in the Samples panel.

But then it started working. And kept working.
    I think I found the bug.
    When you create a new preset that has no Samples, you get a window telling you to set the trigger above bg noise levels. When you try to Autosample you get a crash when adjusting the knobs.

But if you have a sample loaded, you do not get that window dealing with the trigger level, the Autosampling seems to work as expected.

Try importing any temp sample first, then do the Autosample routine. It should complete the process, and automatically dump that temp sample you initially loaded to get the whole Autosample process to work.

This is for the AU version in AUM.
    Haven’t tested any other scenarios yet.

• @CracklePot thanks, that did work for me. I did get a crash if I moved the knobs a bunch but it definitely has allowed me to be able to get the knobs where I want them to be as long as I’m decisive

• edited July 2020

@Samu said:
    iPadOS13.6 just dropped so once I clean up some slack from my iPad Air 2 I'll run the update and check...

I just read that the new iOS 13.6 finally allows us to disable auto download of iOS updates, which is good :)
    ..unless I misunderstood, will install and find out.

• Has anyone successfully imported an sfz file? When I tried, it said it was successful but instantly crashes both the standalone app and the AU instance as soon as I load the preset. I wish Paul would post some sort of sfz file that works so we’d have a template to work from rather than just guessing about what will work.

• @CracklePot Thanks, I can adjust auto sample without crashes using this method. Although, the first one I tried with 3 samples per octave doesn’t seem to have mapped the pitches correctly, will keep experimenting.

• edited July 2020

@Carnbot said:

@Samu said:
    iPadOS13.6 just dropped so once I clean up some slack from my iPad Air 2 I'll run the update and check...

I just read that the new iOS 13.6 finally allows us to disable auto download of iOS updates, which is good :)
    ..unless I misunderstood, will install and find out.

Yepp, the auto-download and auto-install can be disabled in the update settings.
    Time to check Chameleon before sleep...

Still crashes, maybe the 'create new preset' should add an empty sample by default to avoid the crash...

• When you use the empty sample workaround to avoid crash... the auto sample seems to work really well.
    Once that bug is squashed, I could see myself using Chameleon often.

It would also be nice to be able to export sfz files to archive your sounds for future projects.

• An update to Chameleon should be out by this weekend, the update was submitted this evening so it's up to Apple :)

• Sweet, Chameleon was just updated and auto-sampling works without crashing the app!

You all know me by now, everything can be improved so...

What about 'selection preview' ? (Ie. play should play the selected portion, not the entire sample when editing) and...
    ...a 'Cut' function to remove portions of the recording? There is the 'clear' but it just zeroes the selection instead of removing it.

The 'Vibrato' is clearly a 'Tremolo' so it should not be called Vibrato in the UI :)
    Also does the app record in 16 or 24-bit?! (Can't find any info on this).

Being able to set the note-range and velocity for the auto-sampler could also be super handy...

Overall it's nice to see that the app is still in development!
    (And I might even be tempted to get a few more 4P's...).