Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• Maschine just released Ver 2.10 (Ok.. Their version thing is all messed up... But). This update makes "Export to Maschine' less needed... All one really needs is 'Export to Midi" in Groove Rider (Audio Export is already there) and this will be the ultimate Maschine companion.

• edited March 2020

Groove Rider’s Jump... Loving this feature and it’s dynamics... so much ...anyway...

https://ask.video/video/elektron-206-rytm-beats-and-samples/19-19-pattern-jumping

• edited March 2020

Bill’s Pattern Bank... places here for safe keeping.. Great Free Bank. @Billewis

Thanks..

• If your into glitch hop or vaportrap you may enjoy my new Dr. M track, I popped in here to post about it. The drums are produced in Gr-16 on IOS. The solo synth is Animoog running on an 4s lol. Thanks again, Jim !

http://drmysterium.bandcamp.com/track/hitech

• Lil Virus Jam.. Such a great app..

https://patchstorage.com/tribute/

• Updated... New Bank.. Hip Hop...

Digging in... Showing the power of this Gem... Nice Basses already..

• Sounds good. But definitely a techno guy’s idea of hip-hop!

• The new samples and synth sounds are certainly useful enough for other genres too 👍🏼

• Loving these new samples, really good for some boom bap style stuff

• I bought the application, I see great potential, but I just can’t approach it. Advise educational materials, videos of some kind, there are very few videos on YouTube and, in principle, are not informative, I would like to see the whole process from creating a pattern to a finished song.

• ^ Electronisounds has some good tutorials on Youtube.

• @Turok The factory patterns can serve as great educational material.
    Start with loading a pattern of your choice, hit the TRIGGER button and tap on one of the 16 pads to see how that track "works".
    Hit SEQ > EDIT to see and edit the sequence. Pads 1..16 are the 16 steps.
    Hit KEYS to enter notes on that step. To enter chords, remember to enable the upper right POLY button.

• I love this app! bought the new IAP and can't wait to mess with it after work. What I find weird (about me, not the app) is that I used to own the Korg E2 (which this app emulates), and ultimately couldn't get on with it. I only bought GR16 as an inexpensive way to store and transfer patterns from the E2, but I find it way easier to use than the hardware. So much more intuitive to explore the layout and workflow as a touchscreen. My only slight beef is with loading/playing samples. Still find this a bit clunky.

• What’s New Version 1.7.7

• Midi Thru feature added. You can turn it on from the Settings menu;
    • Midi Learn functionality is expanded! You can now assign CC's to the following controls:

• transport buttons and menu navigation buttons;
    • Shift button and part select buttons;
    • pad mode buttons;
    • Wave, Filter, Mod, Ifx type buttons;
    • value jog knob;
    • all the controls on the Mixer page (including Mute and Solo buttons per each part);

• Midi Learn: added two new settings (in Settings menu) to select between momentary and toggle midi controls for Mute buttons (1) and all the other buttons (2);
    • Pattern name is now also accessible from the Pattern parameters menu.

• Pretty fantastic that this thread had 123000+ views...

GR16 is really awesome!

• @Oblique said:
    I love this app! bought the new IAP and can't wait to mess with it after work. What I find weird (about me, not the app) is that I used to own the Korg E2 (which this app emulates), and ultimately couldn't get on with it. I only bought GR16 as an inexpensive way to store and transfer patterns from the E2, but I find it way easier to use than the hardware. So much more intuitive to explore the layout and workflow as a touchscreen.

And then there's the fantastic wavetable engine that will load Serum wavetables 😉

My only slight beef is with loading/playing samples. Still find this a bit clunky.

My sampling workflow:

• Record a sample from TwistedWave (better editing) or AudioShare (hosts IAA sources like the Streemur web radio app)
    • Trim the sample
    • Share > Open in > Copy to GrooveRider
  • edited July 2020

Gr16 is very good. Just wish it had its own built in sampler. @jimpavloff will this happen ?

• Oh yes...so glad for the mixer midi learn. Love it! Thank you Jim!

• I couldn't believe that @jimpavloff is adding more features to this app years later. What a hero!

My #1 request is the ability to pay stereo samples. This app is already the best music app available, and stereo sampling would take it into the stratosphere. Not sure if that's even possible given the current architecture of the app, but a man can dream. At least, would it be possible to link 2 parts together the way the new Electribe sampler does?

I've gotten around this in the past by importing the left and right sides of a sample separately but its a pretty tedious workflow that way.

Anyway, even if we never get Stereo samples, the fact remains that there's no app that I've made as much music on than this one and for that I thank @jimpavloff

• Awesome update. Was hoping for this.
    I have a single issue when mapping the shift button to a cc in midi learn mode.
    Midi learn mode
    Select shift
    Select button cc
    But then when i tap Write, the midi learn is cancelled and it asks to rename the pattern.

• edited July 2020

@tpj said:
    Awesome update. Was hoping for this.
    Midi learn mode
    Select shift
    Select button cc
    But then when i tap Write, the midi learn is cancelled and it asks to rename the pattern.

Confirmed. Must be a little oversight, I've tried all tricks I could imagine but no way to map the shift button. Tried to remap shifted functions like Pattern, Clear, Redo - impossible either.
    Another issue: Mapping the value jog to MIDI CC works but when turning the knob, the jog will only move a tiny bit in the turning direction and then return to its previous position.
    @jimpavloff Please have a look 😊

Edit: Mapping the Slice start and end knobs doesn't seem to work either...

• @rs2000 said:

@tpj said:
    Midi learn mode
    Select shift
    Select button cc

Confirmed. Must be a little oversight, I've tried all tricks I could imagine but no way to map the shift button. Tried to remap shifted functions like Pattern, Clear, Redo - impossible either.
    Another issue: Mapping the value jog to MIDI CC works but when turning the knob, the jog will only move a tiny bit in the turning direction and then return to its previous position.

Regarding Shift button, I will fix that one soon. But when using value jog - I don't experience any problems with controlling it. What midi CC number are you assigning to it?

• edited July 2020

@jimpavloff will there be a sequel/spiritual successor? I’m all for more unique groove boxes. Literally can’t have enough.

Pure Acid is dope though for sure.

• @jimpavloff said:

@rs2000 said:

@tpj said:
    Midi learn mode
    Select shift
    Select button cc

Regarding Shift button, I will fix that one soon. But when using value jog - I don't experience any problems with controlling it. What midi CC number are you assigning to it?

I think the CC number isn't the problem. It seems that incremental CCs aren't supported (65 and above for accelerated increments, 63 and below for accelerated decrements).
    The jog dial only really makes sense with incremental (relative) controller messages though.

• @rs2000 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@rs2000 said:

@tpj said:
    Midi learn mode
    Select shift
    Select button cc

I think the CC number isn't the problem. It seems that incremental CCs aren't supported (65 and above for accelerated increments, 63 and below for accelerated decrements).
    The jog dial only really makes sense with incremental (relative) controller messages though.

Relative midi would be great for all parameters. Especially if GR16 would send back the current value of all the parameters to the controller.

I was wondering if you also plan to add the option to select a specific pad using a note or cc in addition to previous/next

• @rs2000 said:

Yes, but incremental CC's are not in the standard Midi specification. Where did you get this info from?

• edited July 2020

@jimpavloff said:

@rs2000 said:

Yes, but incremental CC's are not in the standard Midi specification. Where did you get this info from?

I've worked with @giku_beepstreet on the MIDI control spec for Drambo and the most common spec seems to be the one I've mentioned.
    You can find details at the Ableton, Behringer, Arturia etc. sites but for convenience, I've summarized the principle here:

If you own any MIDI controller with endless knobs, it will very likely support some relative/incremental modes.

• @rs2000 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@rs2000 said:

I've worked with @giku_beepstreet on the MIDI control spec for Drambo and the most common spec seems to be the one I've mentioned.
    You can find details at the Ableton, Behringer, Arturia etc. sites but for convenience, I've summarized the principle here:

If you own any MIDI controller with endless knobs, it will very likely support some relative/incremental modes.

That's not a problem to implement, but is there any standard for it? Is there a way to distinguish/autodetect control type? If not, then it seems useless.

• edited July 2020

@jimpavloff said:

@rs2000 said:

@jimpavloff said:

@rs2000 said:

That's not a problem to implement, but is there any standard for it? Is there a way to distinguish/autodetect control type? If not, then it seems useless.

Ableton Live tries to auto-detect the controller type when the user turns a knob, ideally to the right/left/right.
    In Drambo, we can choose which incremental controller is used:

The last "Jog" one has the wrong label btw, it should be "<64" for increments and ">64" for decrements.