Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria pro and IpadOS

Comments

• @mlau said:
    i’d like to bounce a midi track in auria. i read that you have to create an audio track and connect it to master. can someone tell me where is this connection possible to make ?

can you provide more information about the track?

What instrument is the MIDI track playing? (Is it using an AU, an internal instrument, an IAA)

Are there effects on the track?

As a test, if you create a new project with one track set up like the one in the project, do you have the same problem?

I have had a problem like that in the past and the problem turned out to be a buggy AU (which the AU developer eventually fixed). I was able to work around it -- but let's get the source ironed out before figuring out the right workaround?

• @espiegel123 @Rodolfo thanks a million ! it is working now 👍

• @mlau said:
    @espiegel123 @Rodolfo thanks a million ! it is working now 👍

Happy to help!
    Did you manage to find what the problem was?

• @Rodolfo it was a cc freezing the app ! would have never found it alone. tx again

• @mlau said:

Hi guys. How is Auria doing... I have such an eerie feeling that it’s lagging behind Cubasis.

• @Kühl said:

@mlau said:

Hi guys. How is Auria doing... I have such an eerie feeling that it’s lagging behind Cubasis.

Auria still gets regular updates, it hasn’t been abandoned. Development is slow because WaveMachineLabs doesn’t make enough revenue from it to be able to work on it full-time, so I think they spend most of their time working on their desktop stuff.

It gets updated once or twice a year, and new features do get added from time to time.

Cubasis is definitely updated more frequently, but I don’t think it’s quite caught up with Auria for mixing yet. It’s only a matter of time though.

• @Kühl i do not have cubasis

• I Switched to Auria Pro from Cubasis after the CB3 debacle and that last CB2 update

• There is no winner, there is no war. Currently use both.

• (…or Logic Pro X)

• @u0421793 said:
    (…or Logic Pro X)

Definitely currently the weakest of the three on ios as it does not exist....

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@PhilW said:

@u0421793 said:
    (…or Logic Pro X)

On the bright side, that means it has fewer bugs than the others though.

• :D :D :D

@wim said:

@PhilW said:

@u0421793 said:
    (…or Logic Pro X)

On the bright side, that means it has fewer bugs than the others though.

• @PhilW said:

@u0421793 said:
    (…or Logic Pro X)

You need the correct hardware dongle. Get the Apple branded one, of course.

• @richardyot said:

@Kühl said:

@mlau said:

Auria still gets regular updates, it hasn’t been abandoned. Development is slow because WaveMachineLabs doesn’t make enough revenue from it to be able to work on it full-time, so I think they spend most of their time working on their desktop stuff.

It gets updated once or twice a year, and new features do get added from time to time.

Cubasis is definitely updated more frequently, but I don’t think it’s quite caught up with Auria for mixing yet. It’s only a matter of time though.

Aha, I didn’t know that Auria was under the wings of WaveMachineLabs. It’s definitely a good daw, I use it like 50/50 along with Cubasis. I like to edit audio better in Auria, but that’s me.

I bought Studio One Professional v5 this summer, along with the Arturia V collection, for my 2012 MacBook Pro.
    I used to use Pro Tools, but the licensing policies from Avid are imo crap. The installation of Studio One went like a breeze, nothing like problems or hickups. The same with Arturia. And the daw was super easy to use, if you have used pro tools or Cubasis, it’s kinda a mix between those. I like that you have everything on one screen.

• I apologize for derailing this thread, but I’d like to focus on Auria becoming available on the phone, at least a limited version of it:

Rim from 2013:—“It's something we've considered, but Auria at the moment is custom tailored for the iPad screen, so that's what we're focusing on. It's possible we might revisit this in the future.”

Hi Rim & Corey. I’m just checking to see if anymore consideration has been made towards a iPhone version. iPhones are larger and more powerful than they were 5 years ago, and many iPad music apps are now becoming usable on various I-devices it is becoming a sign of the times we live in.
    One of the most useful advantages is being able to send iPad projects over to the iPhone for listening and tweaking within the same app. Vice versa for occasions when an iPhone is available to capture a performance that may not be as good in an iPad studio.
    I would pay full price for limited functionality and feel great about having a new way to support your hard work!
    Please consider and let us know what you think! Thanks.

• I started using Auria Pro again after a long while to import and mix my recorded AUM tracks.
    Unfortunately AP crashes the entire time. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. When I touch the timeline to move the marker, it simply crashes. I run14.2 on my Ipad Pro 2020.
    Very frustrating and looking for a solution...

• @Bob said:
    I started using Auria Pro again after a long while to import and mix my recorded AUM tracks.
    Unfortunately AP crashes the entire time. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. When I touch the timeline to move the marker, it simply crashes. I run14.2 on my Ipad Pro 2020.

IOS 14.2 has a serious coremidi bug that causes a lot of crashes in some apps (and other random problems in others). Apple have confirmed it, and it is apparently fixed in 14.3 for which there is beta. The issue is so bad that there will be an Auria Pro hot fix that turns of MIDI if AP is running under 14.2

• @espiegel123 said:

@Bob said:
    I started using Auria Pro again after a long while to import and mix my recorded AUM tracks.

IOS 14.2 has a serious coremidi bug that causes a lot of crashes in some apps (and other random problems in others). Apple have confirmed it, and it is apparently fixed in 14.3 for which there is beta. The issue is so bad that there will be an Auria Pro hot fix that turns of MIDI if AP is running under 14.2

IOS bugs!! That explains.
    I was just going through the AP forum to check the updates...Let's hope it's gonna be fixed soon.
    Thanks @espiegel123 for the info!

• @Bob said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Bob said:

I was just going through the AP forum to check the updates...Let's hope it's gonna be fixed soon.

Me to. I have so many chrashes that AP is useless to me at the moment. And i use it to put music and sound on videos so there is no real alternative on ios as far as i know.
    Well there is “tube au” but that i quite a work around.

• @Lorichs said:

@Bob said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Bob said:

Me to. I have so many chrashes that AP is useless to me at the moment. And i use it to put music and sound on videos so there is no real alternative on ios as far as i know.
    Well there is “tube au” but that i quite a work around.

If you are on iOS 14.2, you might want to get the 14.3 beta.

• New version 2.29 of AP has been updated.

• I’m so happy to have stayed on iOS 13. You could say 13 was the lucky number 😜😎

• i understand why they stopped developing auria any further but i‘m getting a bit nervous about the longevity.It‘s quite a hassle to even install it (install OG Auria,restored the purchases multiple times until everything was there,restore purchases in auria pro as well,tranfer purchases to Pro etc…) and i did sink quite a lot of money in it (mainly fabfilter is guilty).I really hope they continue to support it and not pulling the plug at some point…

• @Crabman said:
    i understand why they stopped developing auria any further but i‘m getting a bit nervous about the longevity.It‘s quite a hassle to even install it (install OG Auria,restored the purchases multiple times until everything was there,restore purchases in auria pro as well,tranfer purchases to Pro etc…) and i did sink quite a lot of money in it (mainly fabfilter is guilty).I really hope they continue to support it and not pulling the plug at some point…

Yikes, me too. I bought all the Fab Filter stuff on a Christmas sale

• @Crabman said:
    i understand why they stopped developing auria any further but i‘m getting a bit nervous about the longevity.It‘s quite a hassle to even install it (install OG Auria,restored the purchases multiple times until everything was there,restore purchases in auria pro as well,tranfer purchases to Pro etc…) and i did sink quite a lot of money in it (mainly fabfilter is guilty).I really hope they continue to support it and not pulling the plug at some point…

They haven't stopped updating Auria entirely. It is still periodically update, but the releases are primarily maintenance releases.

• yes,i‘m aware of it and i didn‘t wrote anything contrary.

• @Crabman said:

This is a tough one. I agree with you. I know we're all dust, but still....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Crabman said:

This is a tough one. I agree with you. I know we're all dust, but still....

Or are we dancer?

(Because it’s playing on the radio at this moment up in the bathroom on Radio 1)

• I pity you having an upstairs bathroom.