Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Saddest song

edited July 2020 in Other

What's your candidate. This one always chokes me up...

Comments

• Always On My Mind -Elvis or Willie Nelson, either one

Sure you’ve heard it to death, but one day it hits you again like the first time and you realize how beautiful and sad a song it is

• A classic.

Also a fan of sadness from Sufjan Stevens /Iron and Wine/ Ray Lamontagne

• @onerez said:

Yes. Always makes me cry watching this video.

• It would have to be something in D minor, the saddest of all keys.

• Happy Birthday (when it’s sung to me)

• Jacques Brel - Voir un Ami Pleurer

• There's a simplicity and childlike candor to the lyrics and arrangement of this song that I think highlight the feelings he's trying to express. Or at least the feelings I pick up from it. The album this is from, Curtains, as a whole is quite melancholy too.

• Don't know why but this tune has always crushed me. So melancholy and resigned. The kids vocal version is okay but Guaraldi's trio alone is where it's at.

And of course thinking of piano, Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 14 in C# minor Op. 27, No. 2, the first movement, I. Adagio sostenuto, known everywhere as the Moonlight Sonata. This version played by Wilhelm Kempff is to me played perfectly; Bernstein and other's are good but this cat just nails the deep pathos of the music. His old emotive face probably helps, lol.

Now I'm talking music evoking sadness or deep sorrow- the musical counterpoint to the electric feeling that some music has provoking goosebumps. The Moonlight Sonata's final Chorus (if you will), where the main motif is played an octave down, with the answering bass couplet is devastating...

• Charlie Brown gets me too @JRSIV

A few more for the woodpile:

• Alain Souchon

• @hypnopad said:
    A classic.

Thanks for reminding me. Black Eyed Dog would likely be mine.

• @hypnopad said:

Maybe the saddest song ever for me as the lyrics intricately relates to the loss of a loved one.

• @JanKun said:

@hypnopad said:

Maybe the saddest song ever for me as the lyrics intricately relates to the loss of a loved one.

Very sad. Always thought of my mother when ever listening to this song. Carrie and Lowell is a special album.

• edited July 2020

Maggie's one about their dad's Alzheimer's. She then put down her pen and never wrote another song, though she lived another 22 years and continued to record.

• My vote is for Iris Dement - Our Town

• Harrowing as much as sad, but this one always gets me:

• Another classic.

• and some post-apocaliptic score:

• Some seriously sad contenders throughout. My oldest son says the music I like is depressing, which I find odd. I do tend to like more serious music, and certainly some of it would be considered depressing, but I also like upbeat songs ...really depends on the mood I'm in. I usually see sad music as beautiful, rather than depressing. I think that music should express the entire spectrum of human emotion, which should be the goal for art in general. I hope this thread doesn't affect anyone in a destructive way. Please try to see the beauty in pain, and if it's too much....please get some help.

• Hamlet Gonashvili - "Tsintskaro". Used in the Werner Herzog film "Nosferatu the Vampyre".

• Perhaps more melancholy than sad... Harry Belafonte - "Try to Remember".