Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy HD acoustic session

edited September 2014 in Creations

Now, I enjoyed this very much. Have a listen if you want. This is really the first time I've made use of Loopy's delay feedback feature. It really works great for fading out at the end of a song.

Details: acoustic guitar into Focusrite 2i2. Direct record into loopy, except for "kick" percussive hit which went thru AUFX:PeakQ for a bass boost. Extra MXL 990 mic on guitar thru AUFX:space. Multiple tracks layered into Loopy, then soloed over with Loopy's internal session recording. Trimmed in Auria.

Comments

• Good stuff, @hmtx! The rhythm loop was done on the guitar too?

• Loving the groove

• What is the delay feedback feature? I think I've missed it.

• edited September 2014

Thanks guys.

Yeh, all the percussion sounds are from smacking the guitar. I recently found the sweet spot for a great bass hit... But now my guitar seems to be falling apart. :/

The delay thing ...oops, actually its called "decay". When a loopy track is in overdub, you can set the decay rate of your overdubs. Long press a track to get the options, twist it around and tap on decay, then adjust it to turn it on. You really have to just try it to see what I mean. It functions like a perfectly synced long delay effect with adjustable fade rate.

• That feature is really cool when you start to get familiar with it. Although I don't use it that much because I usually export samples to work on later.

• Had to give this another listen. I thought I heard vocals in the background. How'd you do those parts? Just mic into the 2i2?

• Sweet, i like very much.

• edited September 2014

@MoonWolf said:

I thought I heard vocals in the background.

Hah, I almost left those vocal tracks muted for the recording. Kind of silly sounding, but sometimes that's the point of it all. And I felt like it added an earthy tone when mixed with the other loops. Yes, I recorded vocals on the MXL 990 thru 2i2, then into Loopy with a little AUFX:Space.