Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 LE vs Cubasis 3 price ? Poll

Cubasis LE 3 has unlock of full feature set IAP $30.00 vs Cubasis 3 $50.00 ?
Am I missing something. ?
Seems to me a no brained demo LE3 and then upgrade to full ver. 3 ?
The confusion is figuring out do I need a Steinberg interface connected to receive that discount pricing ? I know that it will work in 30 min demo mode.
Thanks
Ps
Also thinking about upgrading my existing copy of Auria to Pro, but Cubasis is very well regarded also have Mobile Studio Audio Evolution on my radar.

Best/Favorite DAW 2020
  1. Best /Favorite iOS DAW35 votes
    1. Cubasis 3
      60.00%
    2. Cubasis 2
      14.29%
    3. Auria Pro
      22.86%
    4. Audio Evolution Mobile Studio
        2.86%

Comments

• No need for a Steinberg interface and the the upgrade price is the better deal. There is very little you can do with the lite version. After you upgrade, the only difference is your icon will still show as LE3 — if that matters to you.

• Thanks no the “LE” designation is not a big deal to me. I updated my previous post with a poll.
    Love NS2 but can’t hold out for audio tracks , have Auria never pulled trigger on Pro version (not sure about it’s mid capabilities ) decided to add a poll. Is Cubasis your primary DAW

@SNystrom said:
    No need for a Steinberg interface and the the upgrade price is the better deal. There is very little you can do with the lite version. After you upgrade, the only difference is your icon will still show as LE3 — if that matters to you.

• Monday bump for anyone that didn’t see this over the weekend
    Thanks !

• I have C2 and all IAPs for C2. So the cheapest way would be to download C3 LE and upgrade to C3? Can I still transfer the IAPs from C2 to C3?

• @SNystrom said:
    No need for a Steinberg interface and the the upgrade price is the better deal. There is very little you can do with the lite version. After you upgrade, the only difference is your icon will still show as LE3 — if that matters to you.

Might sounds funny or weird, but this only difference annoyed me :smile:
    The other thing is that the updates on the LE usually came later. It was not a big deal because the delay was only a day or two, but still..
    And when the the 3.0 became available and I should have waited 3 months for the LE version I decided to get rid of the LE forever and bought the “normal” version :smile:

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@GLacey said:

@SNystrom said:

The other thing is that the updates on the LE usually came later. It was not a big deal because the delay was only a day or two, but still..
    And when the the 3.0 became available and I should have waited 3 months for the LE version I decided to get rid of the LE forever and bought the “normal” version :smile:

I can relate. I was seriously debating with myself whether I was up for spending the extra just to get out of LE land.

• @wim said:

I can relate. I was seriously debating with myself whether I was up for spending the extra just to get out of LE land.

Fully understand :smile: I went through the same mental journey I think :smile:

• @GLacey said:

Yeah, I never received a notice on any of the Cubasis 3 updates on my LE version. If it hadn't been for an announcement by @LFS here on the forum, I would have had no idea an update existed.

Hopefully Lars is aware of the minor issue and will fix it in a future update...

• Ok so it looks like it going to be Cubasis after all, I will search forum again I know many people are currently staying at Cubasis 2 and not looking to upgrade anytime soon. Is it because of bugs or a change in features ?
    Thanks

• I have the LE version because I had an interface that’s compatible and ended up unlocking it. After the last few updates it’s been pretty solid for me. I still prefer Auria because I mainly use a daw to finish stuff up and get it mixed and “mastered” but Cubasis is a lot better for composing in my opinion

• Did you upgrade to the full version ? Anything that kept you from going to ver. 3?

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    I have the LE version because I had an interface that’s compatible and ended up unlocking it. After the last few updates it’s been pretty solid for me. I still prefer Auria because I mainly use a daw to finish stuff up and get it mixed and “mastered” but Cubasis is a lot better for composing in my opinion

• @joniqwest said:
    Did you upgrade to the full version ? Anything that kept you from going to ver. 3?

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    I have the LE version because I had an interface that’s compatible and ended up unlocking it. After the last few updates it’s been pretty solid for me. I still prefer Auria because I mainly use a daw to finish stuff up and get it mixed and “mastered” but Cubasis is a lot better for composing in my opinion

Yeah I ended up upgrading and everything, my only complaint is the IAPs from 2 don’t seem to transfer but I have plenty of other stuff. I use it a lot for arranging stuff when I just want to use my phone and not bust out my whole studio

• Do a forum search for Cubasis 2 to 3 upgrade.

Pretty sure Lars posted the proper procedure to upgrade all Cubasis 2 elements to 3.

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@joniqwest said:
    Did you upgrade to the full version ? Anything that kept you from going to ver. 3?

@Fingolfinzzz said:

Yeah I ended up upgrading and everything, my only complaint is the IAPs from 2 don’t seem to transfer but I have plenty of other stuff. I use it a lot for arranging stuff when I just want to use my phone and not bust out my whole studio

That's right. All your IAPs should transfer.

• LFSLFS
    edited July 2020

@SNystrom said:
    Do a forum search for Cubasis 2 to 3 upgrade.

Pretty sure Lars posted the proper procedure to upgrade all Cubasis 2 elements to 3.

Here we go...

(I) How to transfer Cubasis LE 2 instrument and effect plug-in in-app purchases to Cubasis LE 3

Pre-Requisite
    - Please make sure Cubasis LE 2.8.3 and Cubasis LE 3 (3.0.2) are installed on your iPad

Steps

• Launch Cubasis LE 3 and open the in-app shop
    • Follow the instructions shown in the IAP Transfer pop-up

(II) How to transfer Cubasis LE 2 instrument and effect plug-in in-app purchases to Cubasis 3

Pre-Requisite
    - Please make sure Cubasis LE 2.8.3 and Cubasis 3.0.2 are installed on your iPad
    - Please make sure Cubasis LE 3 is not installed on your iPad (or else the existing instrument and effect plug-in in-app purchases are transferred to Cubasis LE 3)

Steps

• Launch Cubasis LE 2.8.3 and open the in-app shop
    • Select "Cubasis LE 3" page and tap "Transfer" button

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• @GLacey said:

@SNystrom said:

Hi @Glacey,

Normally, we try our best to release all updates at once (as it was the case with the previous updates).

In case of the initial Cubasis 3 and Cubasis LE 3 releases, the workload would have been to high to release them simultaneously. Same for Cubasis 3 for Android.

Best,
    Lars

• @joniqwest said:
    Thanks no the “LE” designation is not a big deal to me. I updated my previous post with a poll.
    Love NS2 but can’t hold out for audio tracks , have Auria never pulled trigger on Pro version (not sure about it’s mid capabilities ) decided to add a poll. Is Cubasis your primary DAW

@SNystrom said:

When I bought the upgrade IAP in Cubasis 2 LE I didn't think the LE designation remaining after upgrading would be a big deal either...that is until Cubasis 3 came out.

It's been settled now but for a long time you couldn't upgrade to Cubasis 3 and bring your IAP's with you if you had C2LE. Steinberg had this weird setup where only LE could upgrade to LE and keep the IAP's bought in the LE2 version.

There was a backlash and to Steinberg's credit they fixed the issue a few months later. But when Cubasis 4 inevitably arrives (of course it will), I'd prefer the minimum of hassles.

• @joniqwest said:
    Ok so it looks like it going to be Cubasis after all, I will search forum again I know many people are currently staying at Cubasis 2 and not looking to upgrade anytime soon. Is it because of bugs or a change in features ?
    Thanks

I delayed because of initial bugs, and now I’m waiting for the next sale.

• thanks everyone and @Lars ( I was surprise to see you comment as i read your posts regarding this issue while researching this ) Thanks !

• @JRSIV
    Yeah I am wondering if I am probably better off just paying $50 and avoid the headache. Never thought I would see the day when I had to debate over a $20 price difference but we are living in different times now.

• @joniqwest said:
    Yeah I am wondering if I am probably better off just paying $50 and avoid the headache. Never thought I would see the day when I had to debate over a $20 price difference but we are living in different times now.

FWIW, the only headache was the delay between Cubasis 3 and Cubasis 3 LE releases. Everything else was fine. And @LFS has indicated that delay was probably a one-time thing. Current releases are in-sync, and I expect they'll plan better in the future.

IMO the only thing one is buying with the price difference is getting rid of the "LE".

• Does that mean that Cubasis 3 will always get the updates first and that the LE version will get them later?
    Also. Will the LE version always get the updates?

I'm trying to work out if the extra £20 is worth it.

• If you're asking me - I can't speak for the developers. What I already said is purely my opinion.

• LFSLFS
    edited July 2020

@wim said:

@joniqwest said:

FWIW, the only headache was the delay between Cubasis 3 and Cubasis 3 LE releases. Everything else was fine. And @LFS has indicated that delay was probably a one-time thing. Current releases are in-sync, and I expect they'll plan better in the future.

IMO the only thing one is buying with the price difference is getting rid of the "LE".

Hi @wim,

A new app release, such as Cubasis 3 which was a full rewrite that took several years in making, requires lots more efforts in terms of engineering and quality assurance. It was planned to release Cubasis 3 for iOS first, followed by Cubasis LE 3 for iOS, and now Cubasis 3 for Android.

Apart from this, all app versions are updated and released simultaneously most of the time.

Best,
    Lars

• @joniqwest said:
    The confusion is figuring out do I need a Steinberg interface connected to receive that discount pricing ? I know that it will work in 30 min demo mode.

Hi @joniqwest,

As stated in the app description and on our website:
    "Please note that a supported hardware device is required to unlock the feature set of Cubasis LE. Unless unlocked Cubasis LE runs in demo mode."

For more information, please have a look at our Cubasis and Cubasis LE websites.

Hope that helps,
    Lars

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

Thanks @LFS, I definitely wasn’t complaining, just clarifying for those that seemed to think there were more problems than just the delay. I’m a patient type, so the delay didn’t bother me a bit, other than the uncertainty for awhile whether the LE IAPs would transfer or not - and you guys sorted that out perfectly.

-cheers B)

• edited July 2020

Trying out the Cubasis 3 LE app for the first time.

Getting Cubasis 3 for 40% off by buying the IAP via LE certainly has some appeal! Alas, if I recall from the launch, IAPs only transfer between full v2 and full v3 or LE v2 and LE v3. Can anyone confirm this? I tried to find the old thread(s) but failed.

Also, am I being daft or is there no way to dismiss the “demo” window if you tap the little tab on the right with the demo time remaining indicator? I can only “dismiss” it by restarting the app. Edit: Seems extreme but after a few more minutes with it, the 'demo' is very very very closed down so maybe that works as intended?

• @syrupcore what audio interface are you using ?

• @joniqwest said:
    @syrupcore what audio interface are you using ?

Was just using the built in headphone jack (ipad 7) to test it out.

• @joniqwest said:
    Ok so it looks like it going to be Cubasis after all, I will search forum again I know many people are currently staying at Cubasis 2 and not looking to upgrade anytime soon. Is it because of bugs or a change in features ?
    Thanks

For me it's a number of quite disturbing bugs in C2 that have been officially reported several times over the years (!) but never fixed until today - instead of taking care, bug reports had been requested again and again and asking for the current state of fixing had mostly been ignored. Then, a "complete re-write" instead.
    My guess is that with some new bugs in C3 I'd have to wait until C4 so I'd rather skip C3 for a while. If Cubasis was the only iOS DAW then I would certainly have to accept it as-is but luckily we have a few options.