Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LK - for Ableton Live & Midi by Imaginando - AUv3 Clip Launcher Finally Available in AUM!!

Comments

• @robosardine said:

@Carnbot said:
    @robosardine its midi clips only, no audio....Ubridge is only necessary for when you’re using Ableton Live. You don’t need it in midi mode. You need to either enter notes in the piano roll of a clip or record notes in.

Aha! - thanks for that.. everything seems clearer now.... reverses.... completes U turn manoeuvre... drives off.. mumbling ‘maybe one day’ ...
    Cheers.

If you’ve got a sampler, such as SEGments, you can trigger audio slices via the MIDI clips. That’s what I’m planning to do with it.

• @MonzoPro said:

@robosardine said:

@Carnbot said:
    @robosardine its midi clips only, no audio....Ubridge is only necessary for when you’re using Ableton Live. You don’t need it in midi mode. You need to either enter notes in the piano roll of a clip or record notes in.

Aha! - thanks for that.. everything seems clearer now.... reverses.... completes U turn manoeuvre... drives off.. mumbling ‘maybe one day’ ...
    Cheers.

If you’ve got a sampler, such as SEGments, you can trigger audio slices via the MIDI clips. That’s what I’m planning to do with it.

Thanks - that approach probably won’t slip in nicely to my workflow groove though. There are several others to keep me going at the moment. I think Ampify are considering adding multi out to Blocs Wave and Launchpad so hopefully that will turn up sometime soon. It’s got me thinking though, I’ve got a pc sitting around doing nothing that has been completely factory reset. I may have a look at Ableton Live at some stage.

• Sorry if this is a dumb question, does it do realtime recording of unquantized MIDI notes and CC data?

• .> @espiegel123 said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, does it do realtime recording of unquantized MIDI notes and CC data?

Recording unquantized notes and quantizing later: Yes
    CC support: No(t yet...?)

• @espiegel123 said:
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, does it do realtime recording of unquantized MIDI notes and CC data?

unquantized midi notes yes, but not CC data. Could be another feature to hope for down the line.

• @robosardine said:

@MonzoPro said:

@robosardine said:

@Carnbot said:

Cheers.

Thanks - that approach probably won’t slip in nicely to my workflow groove though. There are several others to keep me going at the moment. I think Ampify are considering adding multi out to Blocs Wave and Launchpad so hopefully that will turn up sometime soon. It’s got me thinking though, I’ve got a pc sitting around doing nothing that has been completely factory reset. I may have a look at Ableton Live at some stage.

Live is my main, favourite DAW, since it’s light on CPU, and has the best of both worlds with session and traditional linear editing views (though Logic now has clip launching, though not quite as elegantly integrated). Definitely recommended.

• This is just ace in AUM. Had a few clips triggering three instances of sEGments (looking forward to the update) and had a great time jamming with different combinations of clips. Had a weird glitch/freeze when initially saving the new song, but seems ok once it’s been setup.

• Huh? What? Off to investigate..

• @MonzoPro said:
    This is just ace in AUM. Had a few clips triggering three instances of sEGments (looking forward to the update) and had a great time jamming with different combinations of clips. Had a weird glitch/freeze when initially saving the new song.

Me too the same - without the glitch because, despite the entertainment value, my efforts weren’t worth saving. Glad to have got my head round it in short time (had to come back here to work out how to record from my keyboard in AUM). Finally something delivering what Infinity Looper promised so long ago, very pleased, especially paired with multiple sEGments. Off to buy the IAP, just matrix for now, but looks like the others will be useful too.

• where’s all the “drambo does everything better” replies 🤣
    as much as i like the drambo concept especially the song mode where you can easily link patterns into a whole song, and have different length patterns within the same track...i find the step sequencer hard for anything isn’t single note entries...

so... i feel like this app is going to be much easier to get along with for that especially with its piano roll and clip launches 🚀

• Need some help. It seems I can’t record live from external virtual keyboard like AUM’s one for example. I’ve created a clip then enabled track record button and hit transport record but that record nothing. How do you do that?

• I just tried it with Bluetooth midi too, from LK standalone on my iPad to AUM on my phone - brilliant, it works (using midimittr to route and connect out of the iPad). Can’t comment on latency or whether it’s good over multiple midi channels, but the lights are flashing promisingly in AUM’s midi matrix. Will experiment further tomorrow.

LK good for both iPad and iphone. Happy day indeed.

• Does the piano roll and clip launcher have adjustable loop length or is it locked into a multiple of measures (like Gadget)?

• Ok you have to enable the little tape icon to record. REC quantize however doesn’t work well here.

• Woah, this is wild.
    Getting those super reduced IAP last year is finally paying off.

• @reasOne said:
    where’s all the “drambo does everything better” replies 🤣
    as much as i like the drambo concept especially the song mode where you can easily link patterns into a whole song, and have different length patterns within the same track...i find the step sequencer hard for anything isn’t single note entries...

so... i feel like this app is going to be much easier to get along with for that especially with its piano roll and clip launches 🚀

You'll rather find "we want this in Drambo too" replies 😁
    You're not the only one having difficulties using its sequencer - some love it, some hate it.
    There's something planned though.
    In use, LK feels even more like Ableton than BM3. Now imagine it had audio clips 🤩🤯

• This is really exciting. But how are you all synching this?

• edited July 2020

Trying to figure out what this app is for / if I want it. Is this a bug that this is all squished?

AU...

• edited July 2020

@AudioGus said:
    Trying to figure out what this app is for / if I want it. Is this a bug that this is all squished?

Seems so, yes. Both in the standalone and in the AUv3.

@ExAsperis99 See a few posts above. It's in the works.

• @AudioGus said:

AU...

Under SETTINGS adjust the matrix cell size.
    I’d imagine once you get used to things you don’t need to see the midi routings.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

AU...

Under SETTINGS adjust the matrix cell size.
    I’d imagine once you get used to things you don’t need to see the midi routings.

Oh awesome, thank you! Yah, better for gettin my learn on.

• This is so great! Thanks @sinosoidal It would awesome if start/stop or the clips could be midi controlled. I'd love use this with a Launchpad!

• One thing I haven’t been to figure out: are new clips always one bar long or can the be set to auto extend until tapped again?

• I dunno. I’m still kinda lost. How do you get to the piano roll? I’m tapping on everything in “Matrix” and I’m getting nothing. I have it loaded in AUM as a midi processor.

• There’s a little horizontal line just above the ▶️ button on the lower left. Pull up from the line to reveal the piano roll.

@Intrepolicious said:
    I dunno. I’m still kinda lost. How do you get to the piano roll? I’m tapping on everything in “Matrix” and I’m getting nothing. I have it loaded in AUM as a midi processor.

• edited July 2020

Loooong time lurker here, the AU update of this prompted me to register...

@sinosoidal or anyone else, I'm trying to use this on a mini 5 (latest model) in AUM, and it's maxing out the DSP rather quickly and frequently even with just one low DSP synth (SunVox which hovers around 10%).

Any thoughts on this?

I really like the possibility of what this brings as an AU midi controller, but am hesitant to purchase if it has these limitations.

Can this be improved upon with an update? Should I try another host, even though AUM isn't really demanding?

Thanks in advance for insights on these questions.

• Thanks! :) I would have never found that!

@aleyas said:
    There’s a little horizontal line just above the ▶️ button on the lower left. Pull up from the line to reveal the piano roll.

@Intrepolicious said:
    I dunno. I’m still kinda lost. How do you get to the piano roll? I’m tapping on everything in “Matrix” and I’m getting nothing. I have it loaded in AUM as a midi processor.

• edited July 2020

It took me longer than I’d care to admit to find that one myself 😅

Hitting the midi button at the bottom will reveal drop down options on the clip where you can select midi routing.

Hitting the shift arrow button will allow reveal options to add new tracks and scenes.

I struggled to find those ones for a while too. The matrix mode isn’t very intuitive, but should get easier with time.

@Intrepolicious said:
    Thanks! :) I would have never found that!

@aleyas said:
    There’s a little horizontal line just above the ▶️ button on the lower left. Pull up from the line to reveal the piano roll.

@Intrepolicious said:

• Would it be possible to record a “jam” midi-wise on a clip, and afterwards trim it?
    Do i have to determine the clip length ahead, or will it automatically extend while jamming.
    Is it possible to cut off the start and end of a clip, to keep the best part?
    The above counts for a session in AUM, not with Ableton.

• How do I record midi into it? I hit play and the record button and the keyboard wont record onto the piano roll do I have to draw the not4s in?