Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LK - for Ableton Live & Midi by Imaginando - AUv3 Clip Launcher Finally Available in AUM!!

Comments

• Congrats @sinosoidal Great to see LK get to this point. I think you will have a lot of Happy Users! We've been wanting something like this for a very long time. Glad IMAGINADO got here first!

• I’m looking forward to understanding the first thing about this.

The manual says please refer to the setup for a basics walk through - where is this? plus my help icon seems to be broken.

Do you drag and drop from the files app for the clip launcher? or what is the procedure?

What does ‘waiting for UBRIDGE’ mean?

Can someone post a screenshot of the clip launcher for the bewildered please?

• edited July 2020

@robosardine said:
    I’m looking forward to understanding the first thing about this.

The manual says please refer to the setup for a basics walk through - where is this? plus my help icon seems to be broken.

Do you drag and drop from the files app for the clip launcher? or what is the procedure?

You need to stick it in "midi" mode at the top of the Matrix screen first, press the Mode area. it defaults to ableton mode which needs the ubridge connection on the desktop.

• @robosardine said:

+1

• Yo this is really great! Just bought it. so stoked to finally be able to record and launch midi clips as an auv3 in aum. One quick feature request would be that recording into a clip seems to be a destructive process only. Is it possible to change this to be overdub or have it be a switchable option? Otherwise you have to be super quick to turn off the record button before it erases over your notes when it loops back around.

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

I don't suppose there's a clip merge function is there? That would be super cool (and would be a solution to the post above).

• edited July 2020

Noticing a few bugs:

-when moving a midi note on the piano roll in ‘matrix’ mode, if it touches another midi note that note vanishes. This can easily cause some unhappy accidents. Perhaps it would be better if the moved note ‘ghosted’ over stationary notes until it’s placed.

-when highlighting multiple notes on the piano roll, if you move them all the way to the left, all notes ‘bunch’ onto step 1 - they don’t preserve their timing relation to eachother

But most importantly... Apple Pencil doesn’t work on the piano roll!! It works fine on most other aspects of the interface.. but piano roll is arguably one of the most important places it should be functioning. @sinosoidal, is there any chance this could be added?

• edited July 2020

@echoopera said:
    Congrats @sinosoidal Great to see LK get to this point. I think you will have a lot of Happy Users! We've been wanting something like this for a very long time. Glad IMAGINADO got here first!

Thank you very much for your warm words and feedback. LK is a very mature product. It was actually the first product of Imaginando (even before Imaginando was officially born). It all started with LIVKONTROL which has become LK in 2015 with a new facelift and consistent cross platform experience.

I believe that many people are not aware of LK's potential. We will definitely learn a lot with your feedback and features requests. :blush:

• edited July 2020

@robosardine said:

The manual is currently outdated. Please take a look at this video where I cover the basics of using MATRIX for midi sequencing. Attention: this video has more than a year now. Is pre AUv3 but the functionalities are the same.

• @echoopera said:
    Congrats @sinosoidal Great to see LK get to this point. I think you will have a lot of Happy Users! We've been wanting something like this for a very long time. Glad IMAGINADO got here first!

+1

• @sloJordan said:
    Yo this is really great! Just bought it. so stoked to finally be able to record and launch midi clips as an auv3 in aum. One quick feature request would be that recording into a clip seems to be a destructive process only. Is it possible to change this to be overdub or have it be a switchable option? Otherwise you have to be super quick to turn off the record button before it erases over your notes when it loops back around.

There is an overdub button. The button at the left of the undo button on the bottom matrix bar.

• @aleyas said:
    Noticing a few bugs:

-when moving a midi note on the piano roll in ‘matrix’ mode, if it touches another midi note that note vanishes. This can easily cause some unhappy accidents. Perhaps it would be better if the moved note ‘ghosted’ over stationary notes until it’s placed.

-when highlighting multiple notes on the piano roll, if you move them all the way to the left, all notes ‘bunch’ onto step 1 - they don’t preserve their timing relation to eachother

But most importantly... Apple Pencil doesn’t work on the piano roll!! It works fine on most other aspects of the interface.. but piano roll is arguably one of the most important places it should be functioning. @sinosoidal, is there any chance this could be added?

I can already imagine a long list of of bugs and feature requests. We will make our best to meet your expectations! :blush:

• Appreciate your communication here! You guys always do a fantastic and timely job of optimizing the apps after release. Really looking forward to incorporating LK more into my workflow.

Btw, is it possible to import midi files to LK?

@sinosoidal said:

@aleyas said:
    Noticing a few bugs:

I can already imagine a long list of of bugs and feature requests. We will make our best to meet your expectations! :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

There is an overdub button. The button at the left of the undo button on the bottom matrix bar.

yesss, thank you, missed that!

• @Carnbot said:

@robosardine said:

You need to stick it in "midi" mode at the top of the Matrix screen first, press the Mode area. it defaults to ableton mode which needs the ubridge connection on the desktop.

Right thanks I found the midi mode at the top of the Matrix screen - it’s looking better now.
    I don’t have a clue what the ubridge is for or does. Do I need one to launch clips in AUM? Is the desktop you are referring to a pc or a Mac? I understood from previous replies that this is a self contained AUv3 that will act as a clip launcher like Ableton in its own right like we all know and love. Do I need a desktop?

Is it possible to load clips into this app from Audioshare and start launching them?

Sorry for the flurry of questions - some people seem up to speed with this already whilst others are baffled.

If someone could just tell us how to load a wav into it for launching from Audioshare... that would be just Dandy.

• @robosardine its midi clips only, no audio....Ubridge is only necessary for when you’re using Ableton Live. You don’t need it in midi mode. You need to either enter notes in the piano roll of a clip or record notes in.

• Maybe I am missing something how does this Sync to AUM's clock? I only see a Send Midi Clock but no other options. Could this get Ableton Link support?

• @stellare_modular said:
    Maybe I am missing something how does this Sync to AUM's clock? I only see a Send Midi Clock but no other options. Could this get Ableton Link support?

Ok I see the tempo is synced just not Start / Stop so its out of phase.

• Would love to be able to import or copy/paste Ableton midi tracks to the midi matrix view of the AUv3 This would be a great desktop to Ipad workflow :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Would love to be able to import or copy/paste Ableton midi tracks to the midi matrix view of the AUv3 This would be a great desktop to Ipad workflow :)

Oh man, with Mac <> iOS clipboard handoff, that would be amazing.

• @Carnbot said:
    Would love to be able to import or copy/paste Ableton midi tracks to the midi matrix view of the AUv3 This would be a great desktop to Ipad workflow :)

Yeah, import/export would be great, or if the MIDI data in the clips was retained when switching to Live mode, as we could then control Ableton with the MIDI clips that way.

I’m guessing that option is impossible though!

• @wim said:

@Carnbot said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

Yeah, import/export would be great, or if the MIDI data in the clips was retained when switching to Live mode, as we could then control Ableton with the MIDI clips that way.

Yeah since it already works in AUv3 mode as an Ableton controller, the midi clip data from Live is in the AUv3 instance, so a copy and paste clip option which works between the Live mode and the midi mode would be a nice option.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

The original idea of LK is to mirror edits between Live and LK so you don't have to import anything, the stuff is already there as soon as the Ubridge connection is enabled. 😊

I agree though that SMF import/export and a CC editor would be an ice breaker in the AUv3 sequencing world if they are going to work well!

• @Carnbot said:

+1

Will love to see snapshots to replace Live’s scene function..

Looks powerful .. Thanks..

• Ok, getting the hang of it now. Interesting app, not sure if I need it though... :)

• @Carnbot said:

@wim said:

@Carnbot said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

Yeah since it already works in AUv3 mode as an Ableton controller, the midi clip data from Live is in the AUv3 instance, so a copy and paste clip option which works between the Live mode and the midi mode would be a nice option.

Perhaps it is possible - since the data is already in the AU MIDI section, it’d just be an in-app copy across to the Live section. We could then connect it up to Ableton and carry on with the jam.

@rs2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

The original idea of LK is to mirror edits between Live and LK so you don't have to import anything, the stuff is already there as soon as the Ubridge connection is enabled. 😊

I agree though that SMF import/export and a CC editor would be an ice breaker in the AUv3 sequencing world if they are going to work well!

Would be nice. Lot’s of potential for this app now.

I’ve only got half the IAPS, so will probably pick up the remainder as a thanks for the free update. Just left a five star review too.

• I’m just trying to get velocity keyboard to play into the clips to record, but after choosing LK input and routing into LK through aum I’m still not getting anything - is this the right way to do this?

Ta, Chris

• edited July 2020

@Krupa said:
    I’m just trying to get velocity keyboard to play into the clips to record, but after choosing LK input and routing into LK through aum I’m still not getting anything - is this the right way to do this?

Ta, Chris

Yep, there are multiple settings to do in order to make the gem record from its MIDI input.
    The green tape symbol is to enable overdub, the (M) is to switch track controls (and show the track REC like in Ableton) and the green MIDi icon is to enable MIDI input.
    Also make sure the track input is set to "LK Input".

• @Carnbot said:
    @robosardine its midi clips only, no audio....Ubridge is only necessary for when you’re using Ableton Live. You don’t need it in midi mode. You need to either enter notes in the piano roll of a clip or record notes in.

Aha! - thanks for that.. everything seems clearer now.... reverses.... completes U turn manoeuvre... drives off.. mumbling ‘maybe one day’ ...
    Cheers.

• @rs2000 smart, thanks dude, ‘twas the track control in there ‘m’ menu 👍