Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chomplr - MSXII Sound Design Is working on something new.

15678911»

Comments

• @Empolo you are the bearer of great news. 🙏🏾🤩

• edited July 2020

What happens when you use Drambo to sequence 3 instances of CHOMPLR, 1 fat Model-D, resample it into Drambo and retrigger that sample in Drambo?
    What do you think? 👊🏼™️

• Can someone give me a sample count?

Talking to support is like extracting teeth. There are nowhere near 150 samples in my install, maybe 110. The one sample pack I bought has 5 samples which seems a bit skinny.

Multiple attempted replies from support but so far the most helpful thing I've received was an accusation that I can't count.

• @Ailerom said:
    Can someone give me a sample count?

Talking to support is like extracting teeth. There are nowhere near 150 samples in my install, maybe 110. The one sample pack I bought has 5 samples which seems a bit skinny.

Multiple attempted replies from support but so far the most helpful thing I've received was an accusation that I can't count.

About 110 samples and around 5 in the pack I bought too. They do seem a bit disingenuous about it all. I’m just viewing it as six quid spent on a sample pack now. Recording them into Segments to work with instead.

• Thanks a lot. You just acomplished more than support in 5 minutes. 5 samples in a sample pack is a complete joke. But that is just my worthless opinion. I mean what is the point of 5 samples? They could be the best samples in the world but still its so limited. Even if it is 5 cents why would you buy a 5 sample pack?

• No worries. I feel the same tbh. Some people seem cool with it but I don't think it's for me.

• The IAP is a huge pain in the ass. They don't show all the samples sometimes (showing 2 when I know there is 5) I uninstall, reinstall then they show up but another IAP will be missing some, rinse and repeat. I've bought a bunch of packs before realizing this problem.

Hopefully I will eventually get an install where all the samples I bought in the IAP show up (restore button is useless) or I'll just have to accept missing some of the samples I bought.

• is there a way to tell how many samples are in a pack before you dl it? not a big deal i guess but it is nice to know

• @reasOne said:
    is there a way to tell how many samples are in a pack before you dl it? not a big deal i guess but it is nice to know

I don’t think so. I wondered that too. I like the app a lot. It’s introduced me to a kind of creativity I’ve never tried before. I’d kind of like to try bringing in samples of my own playing to chomp up now though.

• The .99 packs are 7 or 8 loops, the 1.99 are a few more, maybe 10-12. This is just from my experience. My understanding is the Chomplr packs are a small sampling of their sample packs from their website. They just announced a Black Friday sale, hope it includes iap’s. If they do, I’ll Pokémon’em.

• coooo.

def enjoying this app it gives you immediate inspiration and gratification.

sample import will be very nice!

• @king_picadillo said:
    The .99 packs are 7 or 8 loops, the 1.99 are a few more, maybe 10-12. This is just from my experience. My understanding is the Chomplr packs are a small sampling of their sample packs from their website. They just announced a Black Friday sale, hope it includes iap’s. If they do, I’ll Pokémon’em.

Not in my experience. Some drums packs are just one mapped drum kit. And the only other purchase I made was 5 loops. Some of which are the same thing repeating over and over and over.

• i one i bought is 5 sample loops, it was 99 cent

• I have segments is the Chomplr content (1.5gb) worth the current sale ?

• @joniqwest I bought it on the previous sale which was a couple bucks more and it has been worth it to me. Having a lot of fun and I think the loops are quality. Samples/loops are something MSX does really well. good buy if you produce boombap/lofi, trap type stuff. The BM3 sampler is superior as is Segments and Auditor arguably, so I export from Chomplr to do the serious editing stuff. The IAP packs are cheap too.

To circle back to the discussion about number of loops in each iap, Lofi Jazz Guitar and Strummed Soul have 6 loops (.99), 70’s Soul Aesthetics has 10 (1.99) granted that in this pack you get some of the same loops with and without drums.

• edited November 2020

Thanks ! Just purchased, :) its cheap but I don't like to "collect" apps so at the very least some good material for ideas. Yeah from their site they have some really good quality samples though still trying to wrap my head around their "licensing" policy.

@king_picadillo said:
    @joniqwest I bought it on the previous sale which was a couple bucks more and it has been worth it to me. Having a lot of fun and I think the loops are quality. Samples/loops are something MSX does really well. good buy if you produce boombap/lofi, trap type stuff. The BM3 sampler is superior as is Segments and Auditor arguably, so I export from Chomplr to do the serious editing stuff. The IAP packs are cheap too.

To circle back to the discussion about number of loops in each iap, Lofi Jazz Guitar and Strummed Soul have 6 loops (.99), 70’s Soul Aesthetics has 10 (1.99) granted that in this pack you get some of the same loops with and without drums.