Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NuRack Auv3 FX Processor by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• @anickt said:

@audio_DT said:

@craftycurate said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@craftycurate said:
    I would hope something like this would have internal modulation options e.g. LFOs, step sequencer etc ... does anyone know if it does?

It has automation lanes that you can assign to parameters on other effects and it’s parameters are wide open as well to send in midi data. The standalone has CC modulation but the au doesn’t seem to. No sequencer though. Here’s the automation control in AUM

Helpful thanks!

Am I right, then, in saying that there is no automation in AU mode? Also, I was hoping that it would 'record' automation in the AutoMate (or whatever it's called) module - is this not possible in the app?

I was able to draw in automation in AU in Zenbeats. The problem is all parameters are only numbers (Parameter 1, Parameter 2 etc) so its trial and error to figure out what parameter number applies to what parameter unless I’m missing something.

Thanks, mate. Still pondering this one, but will probably end up getting, anyway.

• @KING said:
    That blinding background though.. "where my shade at" ...

Selection or 'design your own' of the following would be real "design your own":

• A selection of *knobs to choose from, (even just a few)
    • A selection of sliders to choose from, (even just a few)
    • A selection of UI colours to choose from, (even just a few)

*Design your own knobs, like you can with the logo thingy, would make it _really_ personalised.
    (_we could even put it up to 11_) ha

If n when I get this, I'll write to Paul - (unless it already has these or gets these).

Looks like it's fitting right in with folks that have it though, Excellent!

Sounds 'in more ways than one' like a ((Winner!))

Great Stuff!

King

Re: Blinding Background - double tap on the UI to go into Presentation Mode. A nice gray. I agree in Edit mode it could be toned down from full white. I’ll contact him when I get a moment.

• edited June 2020

@anickt said:

@KING said:
    That blinding background though.. "where my shade at" ...

Selection or 'design your own' of the following would be real "design your own":

• A selection of *knobs to choose from, (even just a few)
    • A selection of sliders to choose from, (even just a few)
    • A selection of UI colours to choose from, (even just a few)

*Design your own knobs, like you can with the logo thingy, would make it _really_ personalised.
    (_we could even put it up to 11_) ha

If n when I get this, I'll write to Paul - (unless it already has these or gets these).

Looks like it's fitting right in with folks that have it though, Excellent!

Sounds 'in more ways than one' like a ((Winner!))

Great Stuff!

King

Re: Blinding Background - double tap on the UI to go into Presentation Mode. A nice gray. I agree in Edit mode it could be toned down from full white. I’ll contact him when I get a moment.

Lovely Jubbly!

Yeah there is that gray in the pics I posted earlier in this thread. That would be better..

Haven’t got this one myself.
    Just obsorbing some other recent purchases..

Cool..

King

Added: Been a busy week this week for new ‘quality’ apps.
    Such as : NuRack - sEGments - Saturn 2..

• @Samu said:
    Hows the preset sharing on this one?
    (iCloud would be nice so one can design the effects on iPad and use them later on the iPhone).

A bit odd actually, seems like you use a webdav server to transfer between devices. Haven’t found a way to share them in the usual way yet but I suppose the webdav still works fine

• This looks really awesome. Does it support cross-instance busses for sidechaining if I use it in a daw that doesn’t support multi-busses (like compresorFX)?

• So can anyone say yet what parameters specifically are exposed for midi control as an AU in AUM? Or is it that the “Parameters 1, parameter 2 etc” that @audio_DT mentioned are generically labeled because they change what they control based on the interface one constructs? Or am I missing something entirely?

• edited June 2020

@ManWhoWouldBeStrings said:
    So can anyone say yet what parameters specifically are exposed for midi control as an AU in AUM? Or is it that the “Parameters 1, parameter 2 etc” that @audio_DT mentioned are generically labeled because they change what they control based on the interface one constructs? Or am I missing something entirely?

In Settings, under Automation, there is a Compatibility Mode that lists all the parameters in that generic way Parameter 1, Parameter 2, etc.
    In the Advanced Mode, the AU parameters shown by the host change dynamically as you add or delete modules. Only parameters for existing modules show, and they are correctly labeled, too. This mode may only work in AUM, though. It works in there so far, but I haven’t tried any other hosts, and have not worked with the Automation yet.

If you are in a DAW that only supports Compatibility Mode, and it is confusing since the Parameter names are generic, you could try loading the Midi version of NuRack AU. Then you can route Midi to its port and use the internal Midi Control module. The Midi version is still an Audio AU effect, not an AU Midi effect/processor. It’s the exact same AU effect, it only differs in that you can route Midi to it, and are not limited to using AU parameter automation.

• @CracklePot said:

@ManWhoWouldBeStrings said:
    So can anyone say yet what parameters specifically are exposed for midi control as an AU in AUM? Or is it that the “Parameters 1, parameter 2 etc” that @audio_DT mentioned are generically labeled because they change what they control based on the interface one constructs? Or am I missing something entirely?

In Settings, under Automation, there is a Compatibility Mode that lists all the parameters in that generic way Parameter 1, Parameter 2, etc.
    In the Advanced Mode, the AU parameters shown by the host change dynamically as you add or delete modules. Only parameters for existing modules show, and they are correctly labeled, too. This mode may only work in AUM, though. It works in there so far, but I haven’t tried any other hosts, and have not worked with the Automation yet.

If you are in a DAW that only supports Compatibility Mode, and it is confusing since the Parameter names are generic, you could try loading the Midi version of NuRack AU. Then you can route Midi to its port and use the internal Midi Control module. The Midi version is still an Audio AU effect, not an AU Midi effect/processor. It’s the exact same AU effect, it only differs in that you can route Midi to it, and are not limited to using AU parameter automation.

Duh! I totally overlooked those settings. The Advanced mode shows the parameters in Zenbeats. Also, saving a preset in Presentation mode is possible so it will open with gray background. Thanks @CracklePot

• Nice update! Frequency splitter and classic filters look interesting.

• @Skyblazer said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    I still haven’t mastered Audulus / miRack / Drambo

Me neither. That's a good reason to buy this one. You can learn how to do everything in under ten minutes.

Me too. I keep hoping one day it will all just suddenly click or even better a YT video comes along that shows me how to work them! I’m jealous of those Wizes on here that do such incredible stuff with them! You’ll so talented! Cheers!

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Gavinski said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@Gavinski said:
    Will this really be much easier than channing things together in drambo I wonder?

After Classic FX I’m a bit gun shy, sadly.

Gun shy? U lost me!

I had very high expectations for Classic FX and wasn’t exactly whelmed by it. That is entirely on me of course, the app does what it says it does. So now I’ll have to think twice about buying an app that assembles components I already have as separate apps.

Hey Phil,
    I’m glad I’m not the only one on here that had way high hopes for the Classic FX APP (it was pricy for me too). I just could not get on with it. Cheers, Elektrik Diva

• New video from 4pockets:

• Also another update. I like that I can build fx chains and try them out immediately right in Zenbeats.

• Anybody able to delete a single module?
    I keep swiping up, but nothing happens.

• edited July 2020

@Skyblazer said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    I still haven’t mastered Audulus / miRack / Drambo

Me neither. That's a good reason to buy this one. You can learn how to do everything in under ten minutes.

Takes less than that in D. Plug it in fx slot and add effects you want in order you want on preselected track. That’s it.

Horses for courses though. I’m sure this will work better for some folks and gives appoholic fix to boot. ;)

• @ashh said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@qryss said:
    For the first time I think the notion that you can do this in Drambo is actually true.

Not going to buy - but I’m over the apparent ship-it-and-drop-it approach of this outfit anyway.

Fair, but for the price of a pint,I think Paul is driving a bunch of value in these apps.

Let me know where you drink, so I can avoid it.

Haha, I thought that. Reads like a post from the future. Post pandemic. Not sure whether to 😂 or 😭

• How many of the previously released 4P apps can NuRack replace?
    (I know it can't replace DigiSticks, Chameleon and the more 'Graphical Stuff' but the basic effects and dynamics processors should be covered no?).

• KjoKjo
    edited July 2020

A tuner would be nice for using with analog synths!

• @CracklePot said:
    Anybody able to delete a single module?

Swipe up with two fingers

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@CracklePot said:

Ok. Thanks you. 👍🏻
    I finally got it to working now.
    😁

• @CracklePot said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@CracklePot said:

Ok. Thanks you. 👍🏻
    I finally got it to working now.
    😁

Okay good yeah it took me a while to figure it out myself heh it was driving me crazy

• @Samu said:
    How many of the previously released 4P apps can NuRack replace?
    (I know it can't replace DigiSticks, Chameleon and the more 'Graphical Stuff' but the basic effects and dynamics processors should be covered no?).

I made a visual reference for all the currently available modules as of version 1.03.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ghv345q32g8jhd7/AABP02YMyl5mDNzS33f2b-rga?dl=0

• @CracklePot said:

@Samu said:
    How many of the previously released 4P apps can NuRack replace?

I made a visual reference for all the currently available modules as of version 1.03.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ghv345q32g8jhd7/AABP02YMyl5mDNzS33f2b-rga?dl=0

Thanks!

I guess I'll re-consider getting this one at some point :)

Just need check if it really can at least partially cover the other 4Pockets offerings I've got installed at the moment.
    Then it's just a matter of creating presets for them...

• Has anybody found the 4Pockets AutoTune type effect inside this app yet?

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Has anybody found the 4Pockets AutoTune type effect inside this app yet?

Spectral ->pitchShift

• Version 1.04 is out:

Added a rack export / import via email.
    Added a 'Light Object' module to visuals (double tap to change image, more modes to come).
    Fixed an issue which prevented the tremolo mode from being coloured.
    Fixed an issue which caused some expored parameters to not be initialised correctly.
    Equalised the ouput levels of the two classic filters.
    Fixed a stereo seperation issue with the Tape Delay.

• Is there a way in AUM to switch racks as a midi controller event?

I have the advanced settings on and can control individual items in a rack but I can't figure out how to assign switch rack to a control.

• edited July 2020

@madbanjoman said:
    Is there a way in AUM to switch racks as a midi controller event?

I have the advanced settings on and can control individual items in a rack but I can't figure out how to assign switch rack to a control.

Try using Midi Notes 36, 37, and 38.
    The instance probably has to be the Midi type, and I would connect directly to the instance, rather than looking in the Midi Control panel in AUM.

On the AUM KB use C2, C#2, D2.

• NuRack FX - Part 3 - Tricks & Tips

• The new light object is glitchy as swapping the different lights by double tap switches to/from presentation mode...

Have not found any envelope follower yet that can be assigned to parameters.

Yeah, got this and Saturn 2 earlier today so I’ll be knees deep today :D