Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jamm Pro official help thread

Comments

• edited March 2020

Check out this live jam stream with Jamm Pro (Matt Black) x Endlesss (Tim Exile) on Twitch
    2pm UK time Tues 31 Mar
    This should be fun!
    https://live.endlesss.fm/

• @JammPro said:
    Check out this live jam stream with Jamm Pro (Matt Black) x Endlesss (Tim Exile) on Twitch
    2pm UK time Tues 31 Mar
    This should be fun!
    https://live.endlesss.fm/

NICE!

• This is more of a feature inquiry, not a bug report (no issues on my 12.9 2018 iPad Pro!):

I’d like to launch and stop clips, preferably quantized, similar to Launchpad...tap to launch, tap again to stop.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for any help, and this cool performance tool!

• OUT NOW: LSxCC - 'InterGalactic Beech Bar'

See you at the Beach Bar for some InterGalactic chat and chill.

Available now from the in-App Store.

Video Link:

• Yo crew, we’re excited to announce that Pirate TV returns for a double this week!

First up, Matt Black will host a special episode on San Francisco’s Fault Radio tomorrow at 7pm (BST). Then we’ll be back for our regular Pirate slot this Saturday evening at 9pm (BST).
    As always, Matt will be using Coldcut’s sonic weapon of choice - Jamm Pro / Ninja Jamm. Tune into tomorrow’s stream via Fault Radio’s page linked above & Saturday’s show both here and on our Twitch channel 🖖

• Why not make it a universal app? Sure, it wouldn't be nearly as usable on a phone, but on a large iPhone it would still be handy in many situations. My current-model Pro Max has more processing power than an iPad.

• @blipson said:
    Why not make it a universal app? Sure, it wouldn't be nearly as usable on a phone, but on a large iPhone it would still be handy in many situations. My current-model Pro Max has more processing power than an iPad.

+1 my 11 would handle it fine but my air 1 can’t handle it

• Having problems. Jammpro crashes when I remove my headphones. Recent save not saved, real shame my best work to date. Are the clips for the lost work saved in Jammpro folder?
    Using an Ipad Air bought last year with up to date IOS.

• @Toastedghost said:
    Having problems. Jammpro crashes when I remove my headphones. Recent save not saved, real shame my best work to date. Are the clips for the lost work saved in Jammpro folder?

Uing Audiobus and Gestrument Pro

• edited July 2020

Copied this from my musicplayer post as it seems the forum there is a bit silent and maybe someone can help me?

I'm not seeing a rule on what the clips have to be in terms of format and bar length. Maybe that might be causing some issues. I've only noticed mention of under 90s which mine are, and 44.1khz which mine aren't normally but reconverting didn't seem to fix my issues.
    So, for the first column I imported clips for my intro, 8bars. In the next column I have my first verse and the clips are 16bars. First plays fine, but the second column is playing at half speed. Is it because it's expecting everything now to be uniformly 8bars based on the first? Although then it would presumably double the speed now halve it. I've tried changing the beat/fft modes but no luck. Second set with this problem also has various length loops. I've played these loops in other apps like RemixLive and Launchpad and neither had a problem mixing and matching. Really hope this doesn't end up being the deal breaker, as I have already loop sets ready to go and this could be a pain, if not impossible to do

Minor Keys: In the manual I read that minor key is possible to set for each project, but I can't figure out how in the app. It only gives me majors. What am I missing?

I've also noticed sometimes a loop would get stuck on some point, in a beat repeat/record needle repeat fashion while the other clips play on. Haven't found the reason but it happened a few times. Sometimes tapping the clip again resets it but not always.

Hope that makes sense.

• Did that last update enable Jamm Pro with Bluetooth out? It didn't used to work, and Matt said a while back there's no Bluetooth, but now it's working.

• Finally got this working for me... I was experiencing mad crackles on an a10 chip, upgrading to the a12 (mini 5) made this beast run like a dream. I can do all the ccut insanity I want with not a crack!

I’m gonna see if this can replace my Blackbox as a clip launcher. Gonna stress test the hell out of it before I make that decision tho

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    I’m gonna see if this can replace my Blackbox as a clip launcher. Gonna stress test the hell out of it before I make that decision tho

I've got the large new iPad Pro and shelved my Blackbox months ago. Now I think the writing's on the wall: BB will be liquidated.

• edited December 2020

Is there a minimum spec requirements in order to avoid glitches as it 'slighlty' stutter on my Ipad Pro 1st gen while switching through pages especially the CC slicer one.. any tyips? the buffer is already at 1024 ( ios14 )

• @JammPro, the process of creating new packs or sets in the JammPro App is quite tedious and you need to invest long time to create a proper one, so here my question: how can I create packs or sets outside JammPro and then upload them into the app?
    Looking forward to your answer!
    KB

• @zilld2017 said:
    This is more of a feature inquiry, not a bug report (no issues on my 12.9 2018 iPad Pro!):

I’d like to launch and stop clips, preferably quantized, similar to Launchpad...tap to launch, tap again to stop.

@zilld2017 said:
    This is more of a feature inquiry, not a bug report (no issues on my 12.9 2018 iPad Pro!):

no way to do this, however there is an 'SP404' style mode which is like what u want but not quantized. Its called ClipStab mode:hold Shift and tap a channel to access it- channel goes Red, then clips play at once when you tap them and stop when released, but can be 'locked' on.
    see

• @blipson said:
    Why not make it a universal app? Sure, it wouldn't be nearly as usable on a phone, but on a large iPhone it would still be handy in many situations. My current-model Pro Max has more processing power than an iPad.

we have been thinking of this but probably Apple would fail the UI for buttons being too small! However its still a possibility for the future, thanks for the interest

• @Toastedghost said:
    Having problems. Jammpro crashes when I remove my headphones. Recent save not saved, real shame my best work to date. Are the clips for the lost work saved in Jammpro folder?

Sorry for delay. If you had previously saved, 'Restore And Close' from File Menu may work from last Save. Also, your samples will be in JammPro/Packs//User and can be reloaded from there.

• @EpicWizard said:
    Copied this from my musicplayer post as it seems the forum there is a bit silent and maybe someone can help me?

I'm not seeing a rule on what the clips have to be in terms of format and bar length. Maybe that might be causing some issues. I've only noticed mention of under 90s which mine are, and 44.1khz which mine aren't normally but reconverting didn't seem to fix my issues.
    So, for the first column I imported clips for my intro, 8bars. In the next column I have my first verse and the clips are 16bars. First plays fine, but the second column is playing at half speed. Is it because it's expecting everything now to be uniformly 8bars based on the first? Although then it would presumably double the speed now halve it. I've tried changing the beat/fft modes but no luck. Second set with this problem also has various length loops. I've played these loops in other apps like RemixLive and Launchpad and neither had a problem mixing and matching. Really hope this doesn't end up being the deal breaker, as I have already loop sets ready to go and this could be a pain, if not impossible to do

Minor Keys: In the manual I read that minor key is possible to set for each project, but I can't figure out how in the app. It only gives me majors. What am I missing?

I've also noticed sometimes a loop would get stuck on some point, in a beat repeat/record needle repeat fashion while the other clips play on. Haven't found the reason but it happened a few times. Sometimes tapping the clip again resets it but not always.

Hope that makes sense.

Sorry for delay. V1.1 out Jan 25 2021. Has improved bar detection. Clips should be: 44 or 48k , wav/aif, stereo or mono.

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Finally got this working for me... I was experiencing mad crackles on an a10 chip, upgrading to the a12 (mini 5) made this beast run like a dream. I can do all the ccut insanity I want with not a crack!

Good one! v1.1 out Jan 25 has a lot of improvements, Jamm on!

• @alancodger said:
    Is there a minimum spec requirements in order to avoid glitches as it 'slighlty' stutter on my Ipad Pro 1st gen while switching through pages especially the CC slicer one.. any tyips? the buffer is already at 1024 ( ios14 )

Should run on an Air2 and up. Ipad Pro 1st gen should be ok but yes page change crackles are a known issue. schh...we are working on a potentially huge performance boost using proper threading....more when we get further

• @KarlBoo said:
    @JammPro, the process of creating new packs or sets in the JammPro App is quite tedious and you need to invest long time to create a proper one, so here my question: how can I create packs or sets outside JammPro and then upload them into the app?
    Looking forward to your answer!
    KB

v1.1 released 25 jan 2021 has many improvements. Relevant to you Karl , multiple clips load and an instant way to swap clips is included. Also Undo last audio operation.

You can also create a Set in Ableton and then Consolidate each clip. We have an OSX Automator script which does this but its a bit twitchy and we cannot support it. heres a pdf on how to use it https://www.dropbox.com/s/306chy5eu8cq26l/Jamm Pro - Sample Pack OSX Script Guide.pdf?dl=0

heres the script
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/l45ll8f29zzkmhy/JammPro-TunepackBatchExporter.zip?dl=0

Must stress we cannot support this script , but it can work well, read the pdf.

Heres some more notes on creating Sets.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AgHMC1ckL4312y1JeJpvgbk0FJv_OVMzm3DapH91gG4/edit?usp=sharing

Hope this is helpful!
    best
    Matt B

• It's a Jamm Pro info-blitz!

• Having a dedicated Gate Seq> @blipson said:

It's a Jamm Pro info-blitz!

time for bed...just updated the manual for 1.1! out on Mon. Keep Jamming and discussing, will try to keep a closer eye here.

• Clipping effect on imported samples.

First off fantastic app, the issue I’m experiencing is when I make a loop in GarageBand and save it as a wav file it plays back fine, however if I import it to JammPro and play it back it has an almost crackly, clipping effect that gets worse when the bpm is adjusted. I’ve tried recording at the same bpm as the JP project but getting the same issue. Help!.

• @Dave88 said:
    Clipping effect on imported samples.

First off fantastic app, the issue I’m experiencing is when I make a loop in GarageBand and save it as a wav file it plays back fine, however if I import it to JammPro and play it back it has an almost crackly, clipping effect that gets worse when the bpm is adjusted. I’ve tried recording at the same bpm as the JP project but getting the same issue. Help!.

What sample rate, OS and hardware?

Can you post a link to a small project that has the problem?

• So wave1 is the original file and jammpro is the same file imported into JammPro, you can hear the imported file has a distinct clipping sound, I’m using an iPad Pro.

• multiple clip import will make this much more tempting to use, so I'm glad that's coming. I only want to use my own samples but opening one by one kills it for me. :)

• Is it possible to midi map the xy pad into mididesiger?