Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chomplr - MSXII Sound Design Is working on something new.

Comments

• @shinyisshiny said:
    i dont know if its true or not, but i read on synthtopia that the user agreement isnt 100% royalty free on this. just a heads up

After reading the general user license on their website, it says samples in compositional format which I believe means sample packs with stems of compositions but not individual samples like loops and I don’t think any of these samples fall under that category but I’m not 100%. I feel like they’d state that though in the app description though hopefully

• Anyone know if the sample packs are at a reduced price right now as well or is that the regular/full pricing?

• @Krupa said:
    Anyone know if the sample packs are at a reduced price right now as well or is that the regular/full pricing? Nice if that’s regular...

• Well after getting. My thoughts are it’s tough to use. Slider for starting and stopping are hard to adjust to the sample you want and there is no zoom in to see where you want it to adjust to. To me the samples arnt my cup of tea.

Maybe a couple more updates and some real feedback it will get better.

• @stormywaterz said:
    Well after getting. My thoughts are it’s tough to use. Slider for starting and stopping are hard to adjust to the sample you want and there is no zoom in to see where you want it to adjust to. To me the samples arnt my cup of tea.

Maybe a couple more updates and some real feedback it will get better.

Fear not, sEGments to the rescue!

• Purchased. Mainly to support the dev. It has much potential. The loops are actually pretty dope. Look forward to what this app becomes. Haven't spent a lot of time with it, as I don't use sample loops much, but might change. Who knows. Henny Tha Bizness thinks its pretty dope, and he's a multi grammy nominated producer. Sure he knows better than me. :D

• Well, sounds great indeed, but I have an issue that makes it useless at the moment :(

• fixed audio background bug in AUM with latest update. great.

• Unfortunately after the update the samples are missing from the window.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

That looks exactly like a Native Instruments update....
    Fix to deliver content.
    Fix delivering content.
    More purchasable content.
    Stuff.

These guys know the current market for sure.

• @Turntablist said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

That looks exactly like a Native Instruments update....
    Fix to deliver content.
    Fix delivering content.
    Stuff.

These guys know the current market for sure.

They are free updates...

• So the add on sample packs are free ?

• @Turntablist said:
    So the add on sample packs are free ?

Yeah

• Wow, I thought this had IAP.

• It does but these new ones are free and the iaps are $1/$2 anyways. It's actually a really nice app. Got a lot of flack here but it has some great sounds. And outside of this site is getting a lot of praise.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    It does but these new ones are free and the iaps are $1/$2 anyways. It's actually a really nice app. Got a lot of flack here but it has some great sounds. And outside of this site is getting a lot of praise.

This. The flack is unwarranted. Comparisons to NI’s pricing model (as if Ampify doesn’t have a new pack for sale every other week, which we appreciate), 2 pages of comments about lack of sample import (nice to have, doesn’t need it, but it’s on the way) and at least one smart-assed comment early on regarding the target audience for this app. At this point, either you dig it or you don’t. Buy it or bypass it.

• Ive been on the fence about it. Hate playing with premade loops, especially ones with dubious copyrights on them. But with sample import it becomes interesting to me.

• edited July 2020

I was on of those who dislike the app at the launch. Now I’m loving it. It is something complementary to sEGments.
    Found a bug and the dev gently fixed it in the next update.

• edited July 2020

I really like segments for just having a great auv3 slicer and using Chomplr for an incredible sample mangler. The effects on it are awesome for flipping the samples into something completely new. I’ll flip the samples on it and just create a shit load of fodder for a while and then take those new loops into segments for slicing and performance

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    I really like segments for just having a great auv3 slicer and using Chomplr for an incredible sample mangler. The effects on it are awesome for flipping the samples into something completely new. I’ll flip the samples on it and just create a shit load of fodder for a while and then take those new loops into segments for slicing and performance

I agree the effect part is really great.

• I really like the sounds but man chopping them up is a b!tch. The slider doesn’t land on where my finger is when I take it off the screen. It needs a midi learn or something because I can’t get the chop I want without extra effort.

• @KirbyMumbo said:
    I really like the sounds but man chopping them up is a b!tch. The slider doesn’t land on where my finger is when I take it off the screen. It needs a midi learn or something because I can’t get the chop I want without extra effort.

yah I am not going to use it until they fix that. At this point I wish I could just fish the samples out via Files.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    It does but these new ones are free and the iaps are $1/$2 anyways. It's actually a really nice app. Got a lot of flack here but it has some great sounds. And outside of this site is getting a lot of praise.

Agree with your comments on the quality of the included sounds, except that I do not see any additional free sample packs. Program comes with 110 (not 150) menu-selectable samples out of the box - this has not changed with 1.0.5. Can you provide more info on these packs?

With respect to slicing, I dug out Re-Slice by VirSyn, and that was giving me the quickest, most fun results (up to 100 slices). Of course YMMV.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    ............outside of this site is getting a lot of praise.

Can you tell me where? I've been looking for some more comprehensive information and can't find it. Any other forum chatter? The few videos I've found are not helpful (IMHO)

• So, the gear addict in me lost the t and made me buy it. No comment yet. I bought a pack (Cassette and Pexal 1) just to see what sort of value you get for the $1.49. Turns out it is one sample which is disappointing. Hopefully someone kicks in with a solution but I bought it, it's greyed out and one sample appears. I thought all sample data was i stalled with Chomplr so if that is true it should just show up. What the?

• @KirbyMumbo said:
    I really like the sounds but man chopping them up is a b!tch. The slider doesn’t land on where my finger is when I take it off the screen. It needs a midi learn or something because I can’t get the chop I want without extra effort.

Update on the way with fader precision added. E-mail from the dev went out earlier today.

• @Ailerom said:
    So, the gear addict in me lost the t and made me buy it. No comment yet. I bought a pack (Cassette and Pexal 1) just to see what sort of value you get for the $1.49. Turns out it is one sample which is disappointing. Hopefully someone kicks in with a solution but I bought it, it's greyed out and one sample appears. I thought all sample data was i stalled with Chomplr so if that is true it should just show up. What the?

I just checked my copy - there are a total of five samples. Try restoring your purchases?

• Sample import feature mention by the dev from earlier today, and then some...

Walk with us...sample import —-> single cycle waveforms —-> Chomplr is now a synth too. 👀

Stay with us. ⚡️ https://t.co/7LaRPGtsJG

— MSXII Sound (@MSXIISound) July 5, 2020