Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Midi Controllers

edited September 2014 in Support and Feedback

As I start to work in Auria I feel like I could accelerate my workflow by having some type of controller.

Transport, solo, mute, faders, maybe?

Something portable would be awesome. I thought of getting the Nanokontrol 2 but there's always people complaining about the Nano series.

It's also complicated as Auria doesn't seem to have a mind-blowing midi remote integration. Some kind of learn function or something would be nice but I'm over that already.

Thank You

Comments

• The NanoKontrol 2 works with Auria in Mackie HUI mode. From what I've read the Nano series 2 is better quality than the original. There's a Samson controller, the MF8, which looked enticing. I ordered one and had bad luck, haven't tried it again. Don't know if it works with Auria, though.

• NanoKontrol 2 has been good to me. Bought mine used for 40 bucks.

• Thank You guys. I know both of you have some experience.

@Syrupcore: it's nice to know as I consider you a heavy user from what I've read.

And you too, @miguelmarcos. :)

Thank you for the link. I had seen this. Do you know the brand? Is it trustable?
    I don't want to be a pioneer, I guess. No people talking about that product in the forum...

• Something that would tilt the scale the other way is the faders travel. Centimeter wise. No specs available online...

• I'm watching a review on YouTube.

It has 'banks'. Icon calls it layers. I don't know if It works the same way. I bet it does.

I think you where looking for something like this, @Supadom. I can't remember if you where in the UK but I'm going to post this anyway:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/icon_icontrols_white.htm

• I had never heard of Icon until today. Amazon has it in stock so i think I'm going to try it out.

• Here's what I've gathered on YouTube. Of course we have to give a margin for error.

Four banks. Nice.

Joystick: people complain that it just works as a mouse cursor and not xy. Using ableton. Also a guy saying his broke in the first week and he glued it together but not usin

Knobs: with slow movement - when you reach either the minimum or the maximum - it doesn't go all the way on the software as 0cc - 127cc.

Toggle/transport buttons ok; sturdy.

Usb in like a hub. I saw a guy connecting an Akai lpd8 to it. Maybe it's a standard 2.0 and you can connect anything to it.

As you can see it's a bit bigger and a guy said it's easier to move around. The sliders and knobs are bigger.

Korg nanokontrol 2

325 x 83 x 30 mm/ 12.80 x 3.27 x 1.18 inches

Icon Icontrols

325 x 99 x 20 mm/ 12.8 “x 3.9” x 0.8” inches

In mackie the 9th slider is mapped to the master.

No track or marker selector.

Maybe not as sturdy as the nanokontrol 2.

A few videos of people saying it doesn't work but you can probably find another on nanokontrol 2.

• edited September 2014

@miguelmarcos said:

I had never heard of Icon until today. Amazon has it in stock so i think I'm going to try it out.

I hadn't either.

Looks like they have some interesting products for not a lot of scratch.
    https://www.icondigitalusa.com/content/icreativ-demo
    https://www.icondigitalusa.com/content/istage-velocity-sensitive-drum-pads

No amazon reviews and don't see them available at any of the standard US retailers.

• Yes the Nano series 2 is more rugged. My friend has not destroyed his yet. That's sayin' somethin' too. I don't like the minimal travel on the sliders though. Not enough control IMO.

• Interested in playing the theremin, huh @syrupcore?

• heh. No, not really. Kind of interested in an Ableton clip recorder/launcher though.

They look like they have a lot going on but it's strange that I've not heard mention of them.

• The major issue I've had with my nano is the slider knobs falling off n the gig bag. Keep it packed in its box for travel. Also does not slide banks so you only get the first 8 channels controlled. Which is enough for me.

• Yeah, I was messing with you. I never tried any kind of tech like this though.

• @Dwarman

I might buy the korg because I can buy it around the corner and I know what to expect (somehow). And the 'eight' limitation is ok, I guess.

• I have the iCon QCon which I use for Cubase/PC. Last time I tried it with Auria there was only feedback from Auria to the QCon. Right now I'm in a Cubase session, I'm going to try it again.

Auria seems to have a very good Mackie MCU integration, I heard it works perfectly fine with a real Mackie MCU.