Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yonac Inc Synth's Sale - which one to buy

Yonac inc is having a summer sale on their synths.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kaspar/id1245045964?ign-mpt=uo=4
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kauldron/id1292510609
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/magellan-synthesizer-2/id1494973247

my question is, which one of these would be best for ambient genres. pads, morphing sounds and the like. does anyone have any experience with these?

Comments

• I don’t like the ‘sound’ of the others so Magellan 2 would be my pick but Kaspar is more flexible as a synth if you like the sound.... (To my ears Magellan 2 doesn’t have the ‘Yonac Sound’ that plagues the others).

• Have got a lot of sounds out of Magellan.

• @Samu said:
    I don’t like the ‘sound’ of the others so Magellan 2 would be my pick but Kaspar is more flexible as a synth if you like the sound.... (To my ears Magellan 2 doesn’t have the ‘Yonac Sound’ that plagues the others).

Maybe it's rather due to the presets than the synth engine? What do you think?

• kaspar is an all time fav

• Get Magellan or Kauldron and use the randomize buttons to teach yourself synthesis.
    Kaspar is cool but there’s a WHOLE LOT going on.

• @rs2000 said:

It's the 'synth engine' as a similarly designed presets just doesn't sound 'right' with the others.
    Believe me I've tried. Megellan 2 kicks the others Yonac offerings buts big time with a 'fuller' and less 'sterile' sound.

• @Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

It's the 'synth engine' as a similarly designed presets just doesn't sound 'right' with the others.
    Believe me I've tried. Megellan 2 kicks the others Yonac offerings buts big time with a 'fuller' and less 'sterile' sound.

Thanks!

• How are these apps in terms of processor drain?

• Get Megellan 2, IMO it's the best of all of them and its "Spawn" utility is amazing.

• @Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

I can get "fat" sound out of Kauldron. The issue I have with the synth is I can't get the envelopes to preform comparatively with other synths. It's the attacks. There also seems to be a strange type of thing going on with the sustain levels when playing chords... It's like the sustain shortens when playing chords in a random way. Not really like voice stealing because I'm only playing four keys. The best way I can describe it, is "for me" it does'n't behave as expected when doing rudimentary basic synth programing. But Kauldron does have mod, fx, and expander features that IMO are very impressive. But all and all I can't work with it like a typical synth because of those envelopes.

• @Samu said:
    I don’t like the ‘sound’ of the others so Magellan 2 would be my pick but Kaspar is more flexible as a synth if you like the sound.... (To my ears Magellan 2 doesn’t have the ‘Yonac Sound’ that plagues the others).

Agree with this. I own all three but have never had love for Kaspar. Magellan 2, on the other hand, is ace.

• Mag 2 👍🏼

• @david_2017 said:
    Mag 2 👍🏼

+1 and kaspar

• Another vote for Mag 2, what Samu said.

• I'm very up for Magellon 2, what's the processor drain like?

• edited July 2020

Yonac’s ToneStack guitar effects/amp/cab sim guitar app has that “Yonac sound” thing going on as well I think. It’s not that its a bad sound, it just has it’s own unique underlying tone.

And RoxSyn, is different animal altogether (their guitar to synth thing)

• That said, you can’t go wrong with Magellan 2! I love it!

• I’ve mostly used Magellan as an fx unit in AUM. It’s a nice feature. It has a lot of fx options, and you can reorder the fx chain.

• @horsetrainer said:

@Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

I can get "fat" sound out of Kauldron. The issue I have with the synth is I can't get the envelopes to preform comparatively with other synths. It's the attacks. There also seems to be a strange type of thing going on with the sustain levels when playing chords... It's like the sustain shortens when playing chords in a random way. Not really like voice stealing because I'm only playing four keys. The best way I can describe it, is "for me" it does'n't behave as expected when doing rudimentary basic synth programing. But Kauldron does have mod, fx, and expander features that IMO are very impressive. But all and all I can't work with it like a typical synth because of those envelopes.

Same here ... I can get very fat sounding basses out of Kauldron. I can’t say it’s ever sounded sterile to my ears but that’s just me.

• Magellan 2, but just now using Kaspar for an organ sound and it is very good.

• awesome, thanks for the feedback everyone! looks like Magellan 2 is the winner.