Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BISH SESSION: Presets / AU/ etc......

I absolutely despise the AU and FILES relationship with apps anymore. Presets/Files etc.

I don't particularly enjoy any app that has a lot of its feature contingent upon dealing with files.

Presets/WAV....whatever.

I am spoiled, I get it regarding the MAC and how easy it is to move my files around.

But, since the file system has become more prevalent --- I have moved more away from iOS.

Navigation is a pain for me.

NEXT, I don't like the clunky way of auditioning sound. Not easy to audition files as you open them or import.

ALSO - time. Live or on the fly....files has too many moving parts for me. Too much to jam up or cause an audio issue as it goes in and out of files access.

IN CLOSING....I like the apps to have presets and files contained in them for me. YES, the old head way.

The more files becomes part of the story...the more I prefer hardware or to use the MAC.

What say you?

Comments

• You sound like you've expected iOS to be a replacement for Win or MacOS which it's not.
    Its charm is in the reduction to the bare bones and using it as a lightweight sketchpad.

• If file management on iOS is a pain enable file-sharing on your Mac, manage the files on the Mac and use SMB to mount the Mac in Files.app and fetch the files when needed...

Files.app also supports drag'n'drop so open two windows side by side and drag away when needed.

I'm looking forward to iPadOS14 where I even on the old iPad Air 2 can see multiple columns at once (when swiping away the side bar) and easily do drag'n'drop to favorite locations.

I usually keep the files where they were created and thankfully I do not have OCD when it comes file-management, that's what the search function is there for...

We all have our grumpy times, I'm more upset about the lack of proper Audio & Midi routing in most so called 'DAWs' :D

• @RUST( i )K The more files becomes part of the story...the more I prefer hardware or to use the MAC.

100% the above.

• @rs2000 said:
    You sound like you've expected iOS to be a replacement for Win or MacOS which it's not.
    Its charm is in the reduction to the bare bones and using it as a lightweight sketchpad.

Actually the opposite for me.

I loved iOS when IT WAS NOTHING LIKE Mac/PC.

I think the more proper plug ins entered the iOS market.....the less I liked it.

I liked iOS because it WASN'T using access to folders that much and files. Apps were self contained and in particular they utilized the iOS GUI/performance aspect ....like Animoog ....LOOPY....things that were iOS specific.

Funny, I thought the exact opposite of your post.

Literally I should have posted that initially.

The more iOS music making apps have gotten like MAC/PC the less I enjoy it.
    Because the iPads don't have the fluidity for me with file movement like a PC/MAC, so I feel it is feeble attempt to emulate it.

I think SAMPLR ANIMOOG and say the new NINJA JAMM or BORDERLANDS are what makes iOS valuable to me.

I don't need to run VSTs AU I have on my MAC and deal with the set up configs of iOS.

Funny how perspective is different.

What apps are you main digging lately?

• @kinkujin said:
    @RUST( i )K The more files becomes part of the story...the more I prefer hardware or to use the MAC.

100% the above.

I figure you feel me!