Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

new ambient piece and video

this is one of my more minimal, ambient pieces that I've been attempting more of in the past year or two. I often have to fight the urge to add more, add a beat, or other elements to make it more of a structured musical piece - but I think I'm getting a bit better at that the more I try making this type of music. Anyways, I quite liked how this turned out, so I threw some video together of some water waves to accompany it.

Made with Reason Compact, FAC Alteza, Spacecraft, Tardigrain granular, FAC Maxima, (plus a couple of others I'm forgetting) and put together in Beatmaker 3.

Comments

• I love this! But it's too short by half, unless this is one track of a dozen.

I listen to a lot of ambient music, so called, and this is great work, @halftone.

Please point me in the direction of more. Or send me a playlist of what you're listening to.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I love this! But it's too short by half, unless this is one track of a dozen.

I listen to a lot of ambient music, so called, and this is great work, @halftone.

Please point me in the direction of more. Or send me a playlist of what you're listening to.

+1

• Really really good! Enjoyed it! Even the visuals are awesome and super fitting 💪🏼

• Very nice 👍🏼

• love it dude!

• @Halftone said:
    this is one of my more minimal, ambient pieces that I've been attempting more of in the past year or two. I often have to fight the urge to add more, add a beat, or other elements to make it more of a structured musical piece - but I think I'm getting a bit better at that the more I try making this type of music. Anyways, I quite liked how this turned out, so I threw some video together of some water waves to accompany it.

Nice stuff. Same goes for the visuals

• Beautiful space.

• Great stuff

• Some lovely tense passages in this ... like stretching a rubber band sonically .... and lotsa space to insert my own wanderings ... just enough. Many thanks.

As an inveterate knob twiddler I wish I knew what gadget was doing what to whom at any point - really would like to see it being done. I can spot some FAC magic in there then I'm lost ... as one should be. But the real skill isn't the gadgetry so much - it is in knowing when you have presented just enough of a framework ... that there is all you need and no more.

• Nicely done.

• @Halftone really beautiful composition. Love the space and feel of it 👊🏼™️

• Nice! I hope you release these on an album sometime. I listen to a lot of ambient stuff when I’m working and these would fit right in.

• I like it and also wish it was much longer.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I love this! But it's too short by half, unless this is one track of a dozen.

@richardyot said:
    Nice! I hope you release these on an album sometime. I listen to a lot of ambient stuff when I’m working and these would fit right in.

Thanks everyone for the comments!
    @ExAsperis99 - I’ve got several other more ambient pieces ready to go. I actually don’t listen to too much ambient personally - mostly just other ambient stuff people post here. But I’m half planning on releasing an album of my stuff like this in the next several months. So stay tuned.