Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Guess we can be expecting a nice sampled EP

• edited June 2020

https://www.apesoft.it/electric-vintage/

🤔 pushing F5 ;)

www.ApeSoft.it states „Electric Vintage is a virtual instrument based on a reproduction of a famous vintage electric piano (1976) with a full range of dynamics (from soft to distorted sounds), release noise and pedal resonance.“

• Yes - Alessandro is releasing a Rhodes Electric Piano app similar to his recent Accordion app. It's a collaboration with PSound (Paolo Principi) who did the sampling.

Frankly, it sounds excellent. It's a bit barkier and bitier than Neo-Soul Keys, so to my ears it sounds closer to the Rhodes I owned for 15 years than NSK.

I'm an enormous electric piano fan - those of you that watch my videos know I use a basic Rhodes patch as a default setting for most of my demos. While Alessandro isn't reinventing the wheel here (there's nothing here that NSK can't do, really) but this is, as are all apeSoft apps, a really light, solid, powerful electric piano app. It's become the one I reach for when I JUST want a Rhodes. The built in effects are very nice also - I'd love to see Alessandro port those as individual effects.

It's great - I recommend it. Sound quality is stunning, just like the Accordion app.

Posted this same comment on the other thread, then realized that someone asked for it to be closed....

• yep i like the simplicity in apps like this. universal and no extra junk.

• Alessandro is huge blessing for the iphone community. The majority of his apps are universal! Love that!!

• And AUM will offer it up in the first few apps listed because "A as is ApeSoft". Awesome.
    It's those little microseconds of efficiency that make my workflow.

• @McD said:
    And AUM will offer it up in the first few apps listed because "A as is ApeSoft". Awesome.

I will probably sound awesome and be right on top of all plugins. Sounds like a winner haha 👊🏼🙃

• So now we know they can make a 'sample player'...
    ...what about a 'sampler' that lets us the users layer our own samples and process them thru filters and effects?
    (Or at least an update to the sampler provided with apeMatrix, with polyphony and return to start on note-off).

Oh well, at last apps like these make it easier for me to recover from app-o-holism :D

• 😮 can’t wait!!!

• @Samu said:
    So now we know they can make a 'sample player'...
    ...what about a 'sampler' that lets us the users layer our own samples and process them thru filters and effects?
    (Or at least an update to the sampler provided with apeMatrix, with polyphony and return to start on note-off).

Oh well, at last apps like these make it easier for me to recover from app-o-holism :D

You’re ruining Christmas, Dad.

• I’m so stoked they’re making sampled instruments I’ll definitely grab this. I love neo soul keys but I can get overwhelmed sometimes when I open it with all the options

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    I’m so stoked they’re making sampled instruments I’ll definitely grab this. I love neo soul keys but I can get overwhelmed sometimes when I open it with all the options

Not to mention that huge storage footprint!
    Sheesh!

• Another must buy

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    I love neo soul keys but I can get overwhelmed sometimes when I open it with all the options

I agree. I get that it's not the same for everybody, but I know that there's often enough I want JUST an electric piano, and to be able to have this open quick is fantastic. That and since it sounds more like the one I used to own, I'm more comfortable with using this app AS-IS, rather than searching through presets to find "the one I like" or "the one that fits the track". Takes some of the decision-fatigue out of it.

That being said, I'll NEVER delete NSK as it has all the OTHER tones (Wurly, Rhodes Suitcase, Clav, CP-80) that I want too.

• @CracklePot said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    I’m so stoked they’re making sampled instruments I’ll definitely grab this. I love neo soul keys but I can get overwhelmed sometimes when I open it with all the options

Not to mention that huge storage footprint!
    Sheesh!

Hah that’s true, I have to always take it off my device until I’m ready to record a bunch of electric piano. This will be a nice quick way to explore some stuff and record quickly when inspiration hits me

• This piano is sounding wonderful, have a very distinctive barking sound that I never saw in other libraries but in my stage 88 MK1. Good job Alessandro!!!

• With so many Electric Pianos out there on iOS. The only one I think is the closest to the original, but it’s not on iOS... It’s a vst, Native Instruments Kontakt.. The Scarbee collection... Tho Keyscape comes pretty close.. However, I like did like IK Multimedia Electric Keys.. But this company, I steer clear away from now, as there continued support is a tad light on support & upgrading there existing apps.. For example... Upgrading to AU3?..

• @Synthi +1 sounding great

• @McD said:
    And AUM will offer it up in the first few apps listed because "A as is ApeSoft". Awesome.

You may or may not know this already but once you tap the plus sign in AUM to open the sources you can swipe down and search.

Just type the first few letters of the app name you need and you’ll locate it. It’s a lot faster than scrolling through a giant list of apps.

• Beta testers. I’m guessing this will be in the same vein as their Accordion, ie standard instrument but with the expected apesoft LFOs. My question is.. is there an amplitude envelope? Would really love some ADSR control over the samples to open things up a bit more

• Well, it has some settings for controlling velocity depending on where you play on the y axis with a few different algorithms. And it has a sustain button. But it doesn’t have a classic ADSR envelope.

• Ahh that’s a bit of a shame.. their sampled instruments could much more interesting and versatile with just the addition of an amplitude and pitch envelope. Then we could dial it a touch of attack for a more ambient sound, for example.

This’ll be great for players and folks who love Rhodes. But as an apesoft fan and person who loves samples, I don’t think this is gonna do much for me.

• @aleyas definitely message the dev with your suggestions, super nice and friendly guy

• @aleyas said:
    Beta testers. I’m guessing this will be in the same vein as their Accordion, ie standard instrument but with the expected apesoft LFOs. My question is.. is there an amplitude envelope? Would really love some ADSR control over the samples to open things up a bit more

Neo-Soul Keys does have an ADSR envelope for its EPs if that's any help.

• edited June 2020

I’ll do that Gavinski! If this one and their accordion both got amp/pitch envelopes I’d be an instant customer.

@richardyot that does help actually. At least I know it’s a reasonable request if similar products offer it. Thanks :)

• edited June 2020

@aleyas for envelopes and more, I suggest pairing either of these with Saturn2

The excellent Module E. Piano has attack velocity curve and release time control.

• @mojozart Saturns great, but using its envelopes would result in a paraphonic effect on the Rhodes. Would prefer ADSR per voice straight out of the app. I’ll email Alessandro with the request though so as not to take this thread too OT.

And yeah, the AR envelope in Module is really nice. The microsonic sampled instruments in Cubasis have it also. Makes pianos and organs sound really lovely, especially layered behind a straight sound with no envelope.

• There's an effect in this new Electric Piano called "Slicer" that's pretty cool. And you can get a surprising variety of completely different sounds out of this with a little experimentation. I'm told there may be more effects added later. Like the Accordion app, such a rich and authentic sound, while still having a fairly small footprint. I think it's only like 65MB.