Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo sample editing needs some major improvement -flexi sample start/end confusing stuff

@giku_beepstreet no disrespect intended but why is it not straightforward to just simply have start & end markers for flexi sampler editing or start&end dials in trigger one shot As it stands you have to do it in 1 slice then add 2 green markers and set flexi to note. Bit of a weird one. The Loop start&Loop end need to have the option to change to sample start / sample end then hit Trim and done. Everything else in Drambo is brilliant but the sample edit needs to be simplified. Initially I tried to use the orange marker which works for editing sample start but the red does nothing at all. Why is it there and the yellow marker too. Maybe Iam missing something but if you can please simplify editing of samples.

Comments

• @bcrichards @Fingolfinzzz really do appreciate the green marker workarounds you showed me which do work but when I reloaded the projects and pressed the pads the sample points changed and defaulted to C2. Driving me bonkers.

• @giku_beepstreet something like this. If you can for sample editing

• You’re probably better off posting on the Drambo Forum:
    https://forum.beepstreet.com/categories/feature-wish-lists

• @echoopera said:
    You’re probably better off posting on the Drambo Forum:
    https://forum.beepstreet.com/categories/feature-wish-lists

@echoopera ok thanks

• edited June 2020

FWIW, i think Giku will get around to it. The depth and complexity of Drambo blows my mind every time i open it and compose with it. It’s been a very stable Beast of an app and each update has only made it get better.

It stills amazes me that Drambo only came out on April 1st and that’s NO JOKE 🤪

• @echoopera said:
    FWIW, i think Giku will get around to it. The depth and complexity of Drambo blows my mind every time i open it and compose with it. It’s been a very stable Beast of an app and each update has only made it get better.

@echoopera cool. Hope he does because everything else is great. Will join the forum tommorow. Cheers

• edited June 2020

Awesome. At first i fiddled with the FlexiSampler but I’ve been using it a ton so some improvements to it will only make it shine even more.

Transient Snapping as you drag around is an option i want.
    FadeIn/FadeOut per slice is another one too

• @stormbeats said:
    @bcrichards @Fingolfinzzz really do appreciate the green marker workarounds you showed me which do work but when I reloaded the projects and pressed the pads the sample points changed and defaulted to C2. Driving me bonkers.

Oh shit, my bad, I forgot an important detail. Once you have it all sliced with the green markers, save that file again and rename it or overwrite it and then the markers will stay when you reload. I like to just rename the sample so I have the unedited and the sliced one. And when you slice stuff you can reload it in the shot sampler and it will play the slices at random which is real useful for like a hi hat loop so you have varying velocities without automation

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@stormbeats said:
    @bcrichards @Fingolfinzzz really do appreciate the green marker workarounds you showed me which do work but when I reloaded the projects and pressed the pads the sample points changed and defaulted to C2. Driving me bonkers.

Oh shit, my bad, I forgot an important detail. Once you have it all sliced with the green markers, save that file again and rename it or overwrite it and then the markers will stay when you reload. I like to just rename the sample so I have the unedited and the sliced one. And when you slice stuff you can reload it in the shot sampler and it will play the slices at random which is real useful for like a hi hat loop so you have varying velocities without automation

@Fingolfinzzz nice one thanks :) will re try. Very much appreciated

• If you tap the waveform view, it open an edit window.
    In this window, use the Orange to set Start and Red to set End. Ignore the Yellow.

Select Edit, and then trim.

You now have a trimmed Sample. Make sure you save it before leaving the edit window so you can use it later. Otherwise the trim is temporary.

• @Fingolfinzzz hi i just tried the above. Drambo does save sample start/end points but when i hit the pad no sound although the waveform is showing but i have to remap the pad to keys . Will try again tommorow. Its driving me even more bonkers . Thanks though

• edited June 2020

@CracklePot said:
    If you tap the waveform view, it open an edit window.
    In this window, use the Orange to set Start and Red to set End. Ignore the Yellow.

Select Edit, and then trim.

You now have a trimmed Sample. Make sure you save it before leaving the edit window so you can use it later. Otherwise the trim is temporary.

@CracklePot cheers yes thats what I first was doing but when previewing the sample while editing it plays past the red end marker. I think I will return to Drambo another time. I find it a bit strange. Not knocking it but ...

• @CracklePot it really needs to be able to hear whats being edited in real time. Why just the start point. Thats mad to me.

• Yeah, that is weird.
    It seems that it should only play the highlighted region.
    But that region’s start is set by the Yellow line, which actually serves no purpose in the edit window.
    You have to set your Trim start with the Orange line.
    🥴

• edited June 2020

@CracklePot said:
    Yeah, that is weird.
    But that region’s start is set by the Yellow line, which actually serves no purpose in the edit window.
    🥴

@CracklePot bonkers. Cheers though I sincerely hope @giku_beepstreet fixes this. The red marker is for visual editing only.

• @stormbeats said:

@CracklePot said:
    Yeah, that is weird.
    🥴

@CracklePot bonkers. Cheers though I sincerely hope @giku_beepstreet fixes this. The red marker is for visual editing only.

The yellow and red markers are loop markers too.
    You're not the first user to dislike the missing end marker, Drambo's simplicity compared to other modulars certainly sources from many compromises done when trying to make Drambo as easy to use as possible and in this case not distract users with too many markers.
    Feel free to request it over on https://forum.beepstreet.com/categories/feature-wish-lists as a new feature though!
    You can use the loop start and loop end knobs in loop mode to audition the cut range live, then trim in the edit view.

• So, if you can manage to trigger the Flexi using the Pad, rather than the Play button in the Flexi Edit window, it actually pays attention to the Mode you have set. If you set Loop mode, rather than 1-shot, it will loop at the Red line.

I was tapping the Track 1 pad to trigger it. If you have some other input triggering, it may work that way too. But the play button in the Edit window always plays to the end.

• If the root note is f3 and I sample a synth thats f3. Do I need to sample every other F, so that zones will be chromatic and should then play chromatically on a korg microkey air?

If I set korg to be a midi channel and multiple samplers as the same midi channel. As long as I only press record on each Drambo instance, then it would be like pointing and unpointing microkey in AUM rooting but as its a sample then theres no midi out and each sequence shouldnt affect the other.

Wonder if theres an app that could make microkey act like a nanokey so it can filter and switch like a nanokey, when Drambo hosts auv3?

• It will still need midi in lol.

• @sigma79 said:
    If the root note is f3 and I sample a synth thats f3. Do I need to sample every other F, so that zones will be chromatic and should then play chromatically on a korg microkey air?

If I set korg to be a midi channel and multiple samplers as the same midi channel. As long as I only press record on each Drambo instance, then it would be like pointing and unpointing microkey in AUM rooting but as its a sample then theres no midi out and each sequence shouldnt affect the other.

Wonder if theres an app that could make microkey act like a nanokey so it can filter and switch like a nanokey, when Drambo hosts auv3?

@sigma79 not to be harsh but be better if you posted as a seperate discussion from sample edit stuff. Cool

• @rs2000 said:

@stormbeats said:

@CracklePot said:
    Yeah, that is weird.
    🥴

The yellow and red markers are loop markers too.
    You're not the first user to dislike the missing end marker, Drambo's simplicity compared to other modulars certainly sources from many compromises done when trying to make Drambo as easy to use as possible and in this case not distract users with too many markers.
    Feel free to request it over on https://forum.beepstreet.com/categories/feature-wish-lists as a new feature though!
    You can use the loop start and loop end knobs in loop mode to audition the cut range live, then trim in the edit view.

@rs2000 ok . Thanks, i just can not use Drambo like this. Not knocking it

• Sorry mate. Just thought it would be a simple answer, not discussion worthy.

• @CracklePot said:
    So, if you can manage to trigger the Flexi using the Pad, rather than the Play button in the Flexi Edit window, it actually pays attention to the Mode you have set. If you set Loop mode, rather than 1-shot, it will loop at the Red line.

I was tapping the Track 1 pad to trigger it. If you have some other input triggering, it may work that way too. But the play button in the Edit window always plays to the end.

@CracklePot still bit nuts :)

• @sigma79 said:
    Sorry mate. Just thought it would be a simple answer, not discussion worthy.

@sigma79 no worries

• Cheers.

• edited June 2020

The dev has been on a well deserved holiday for the past week or so. I’m sure he will address this in one way or another when he’s back in a few days.

In the meantime, just breathe. ;)

• im just irked at the clicking i get in flexi... so many clicks :(

• edited June 2020

Same.. huge clickfest for me too. It can also be irritating at the end of a loop, cause you may need to shorten the loop a touch, throwing off its native tempo

@shinyisshiny said:
    im just irked at the clicking i get in flexi... so many clicks :(

• @shinyisshiny said:
    im just irked at the clicking i get in flexi... so many clicks :(

You mean artifacts, or bad slice borders?

• @CracklePot artifacts i think. even when i have just an 808 or one shot loaded up, it just randomly clicks.