Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

K-Devices TTAP released! Full video walkthrough here. Love this app!! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

TTAP Double Tape Delay/Manipulator by K-Devices: Detailed demo & tutorial for iOS and desktop
The vid also contains a walkthrough of Atmosphere Cloud Reverb towards the end!

Got 2 free codes available for this, details on the youtube page

Really good value too! https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ttap-delay-gone-deep/id1504425941

TTAP by K-Devices is a double tape delay /manipulator with micro-looping capabilities, available as an iOS audio unit and as a Mac plugin. It sounds amazing, I absolutely love it.

In this video, I first apply TTAP in real time to a meditative ambient guitar piece composed and performed by Daniele DeFranchis.
We then go through the app in detail, explaining the use of all the controls. In this section of the app, I use Pagefall’s Ioniarics, a midi arpeggiator, to play a patch from OPL synth by Jorge Reales.
Finally, we add the absolutely wonderful Blue Mangoo Atmosphere Cloud app to bring lush chorused and panned reverb into the mix. I finally spend a few minutes explaining how to use this reverb.

App store description:

TTAP for iOS is an AUv3 delay effect inspired both by adventures with analog tape and by otherworldly textural effects only possible in the digital world. Whether you’re looking for bread-and-butter delay sounds, subtle enhancements, or evolving experimental echoes, TTAP fits what you need.

*** Please note: TTAP is an Audio Unit extension (AUv3) – it only works in an AUv3 host app like Garageband, AUM, Cubasis, Modstep, Beatmaker 3, etc... ***

HOW IT WORKS / DESCRIPTION

TTAP is a delay with two buffers. Each buffer features extensive controls for shaping the envelope of the delay sound, with another control set for glitchy pre-feedback repeats and warm pitch-bends.

Inspired by both the classic sounds of tape delays and by experiments in editing and splicing tape, TTAP features a dedicated Section control for determining the maximum length of time of the second buffer. Section also acts as a virtual LFO control, affecting a number of modulation parameters.

Both the Delay Time and Section controls in TTAP can either be synced to your DAW, or run free, providing up to 3.0 seconds of time for each. Try changing the speed while TTAP is running with high feedback for the expanding/contracting doppler sound familiar to any dub lover (or automate and randomize the process using the Bend control).

In The Fade

Fade easily between two delay buffers, or jump to using one buffer exclusively with the click of a button.

Glitch and Chance

In addition to the familiar feedback control, TTAP includes controls for randomized Repeats (synced to the Section time) for a glitchier sound. In addition, each of the buffers features a dedicated Reverse switch.

Intuitive Display

In addition to control positions, the animations in TTAP give you essential information such as the mix between buffers, amount of feedback, time gap between buffers, and the envelope for each buffer.

Go By Feel

As part of encouraging more musical and creative applications of WOV, in addition to using symbols for controls, the controls in WOV do not have individual readouts. We encourage you to let your ears determine the right knob positions whenever you can! If you’d like a precise readout, however, you can see/edit it by clicking on any parameter and looking in the upper-right corner of WOV.

Icons

By default, all labels are graphical – for text labels, click the symbols/text label switch in the lower-right had corner.

Comments

• I think Saturn 2 just found a new friend! When’s it coming out? 🥰

• It IS out!! Where I am anyway:

• Sweet, I love their other two plugins. I’ll just buy it to support but thanks for the video and the heads up! I’ll watch the video to learn about my new purchase

• Can't wait for their midi plugins to come out....

This is another instabuy.

• This is one of my best tutorials to date, I think. I played around with this app A LOT before I figured it out. I think this video will be really helpful for people to get to understand this incredibly deep and wonderful app.

• Bought.. Loved WOV + Shaper + will continue to buy everything K-Devices throws at us.. 👍
    @Gavinski I’m sure the video walk-through is wonderful as usual.. I’ll have to catch it later.. a little busy playing with TTAP right now.. 😁

• Ah thanks for the link! Have added to my original post @auxmux yes, insanely cheap for what it does

• edited June 2020

@Gavinski sweeeeet! gui,sound,price & preset names ( Twost ffs)

• @royor said:
    Bought.. Loved WOV + Shaper + will continue to buy everything K-Devices throws at us.. 👍
    @Gavinski I’m sure the video walk-through is wonderful as usual.. I’ll have to catch it later.. a little busy playing with TTAP right now.. 😁

Yeah haha. +1 on buying everything K-Devices put out, genius dev imo.

• Yeah it's a good one this, been testing it for a while and it's seeing a lot of use :)
    I bought quite a few of their desktop apps so hope they all come to iOS eventually.

• @Carnbot yes, it’s super damn cool. Worth mentioning everyone that this is far from your typical delay plugin. The ability to set tape segment length and repeat sections of tape, control over envelopes, and being able to disable envelopes to create stutter effects are an experimentalist’s paradise.

• edited June 2020

I couldn’t find it in a search, but the direct link (or through their other apps) is working in the US. Didn’t think it was out when I searched earlier! Still hurting from Saturn 2, gonna have to wait a bit even though it’s a great price!

• edited June 2020

@Gavinski said:
    @Carnbot yes, it’s super damn cool. Worth mentioning everyone that this is far from your typical delay plugin. The ability to set tape segment length and repeat sections of tape, control over envelopes, and being able to disable envelopes to create stutter effects are an experimentalist’s paradise.

Haven't watched video yet, but reminds me of Mimeophon by Make Noise based on your description. Need to get midi mapping with this one.

• @auxmux not familiar with that one, but certainly people into modular madness will dig TTAP

• How’s the cpu usage on this? Most of the delays I have aren’t too heavy but not too light either

• Never noticed, guessing very light. Very stable app too

• My favorite device from them is HEXO. Would love to see that come to iOS.

• Great!!! I`ve been waiting for Ttap for a while!!

• Has anyone else encountered any issues using the Stèv preset ’Transient Resonator’ in AUM? As a send or direct channel effect? Crashed the sound in AUM, had to restart. Just checking before I email devs...

• @itgetslouder that's a bug in the new version, dev is aware and will be fixed in next update. Only happens in that preset, as far as I know

• @itgetslouder said:
    Has anyone else encountered any issues using the Stèv preset ’Transient Resonator’ in AUM? As a send or direct channel effect? Crashed the sound in AUM, had to restart. Just checking before I email devs...

Crashed the sound in AUM + apeMatrix.. good they know about it already.. weird that a preset would have that kind of power..
    ❤️ TTAP!

• Yeah, it's only that preset has that problem I believe. But yes, weird indeed!

• Thank you for the detailed video. Very informative as usual.

• Excellent. Thank you. It is a killer delay.

• awesome! gona watch this one after work... freaking night shift man

• @reasOne something to look forward to after work then!

@Aletheia you wrote a very interesting comment on the YouTube page (according to an email notification I got), but weirdly it has disappeared, so I can't reply. This sometimes happens with YouTube, as @despego has pointed out to me before.

• @itgetslouder said:
    Has anyone else encountered any issues using the Stèv preset ’Transient Resonator’ in AUM? As a send or direct channel effect? Crashed the sound in AUM, had to restart. Just checking before I email devs...

That's strange, a fix for this was in the last beta, maybe they released the wrong build

• great video and conversations in the comments guys! was fun to ramble and watch this one.
    @Gavinski you should consider some live streams and we can all hang n chat while you’re demoing something off!

• @reasOne said:
    @Gavinski you should consider some live streams and we can all hang n chat while you’re demoing something off!

👌🏻