Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sampling is fun

edited June 2020 in Creations

Comments

• Really cool man.

• That indeed looks like fun.
    Very good, too.

• Yeah man that kicks it

• honestly ive been eyeing tube au for a few weeks now. it looks really helpful for sampling. a lot better than screen recording, converting the mp4 and bring it into a daw. i just cant decide if its worth it to just get tube au or get the audio units effect bundle that it’s included in

• Tube AU together with Nembrini and the segments app ist pure bliss. It’s super super useful and opens up so much more is sonic playgrounds

• Good stuff. Tube AU and Segments seem like a perfect combo.

• What is most amazing about this is BeatMaker did not crash.... 😂😂😂. Nope good stuff!!!

• Thanks folks, yah Tube AU is great fun. It can be a little buggy, sometimes get doubled audio and need to restart it but so nice to not have to plug in an interface or mess with video etc.

• Good that, Gus.

• Very nice!

• edited June 2020

@AudioGus - naive question, what, other than convenience, cutting out a couple of steps, does this offer over just screen recording YouTube and using something like AudioStretch to rip the audio? (Love the track, mind :) )

• @Svetlovska said:
    @AudioGus - naive question, what, other than convenience, cutting out a couple of steps, does this offer over just screen recording YouTube and using something like AudioStretch to rip the audio? (Love the track, mind :) )

Purely convenience! It is just quick to iterate and experiment.

• Ok, thanks, good to know. :) I usually muck around with the original audio rip in AudioStretch anyway, so I’m relieved to discover an app I don’t actually need to buy right now! :)

• Why bovver wen you coulda used a samplepack, bro??

😉

• edited June 2020

Re Tube AU. I don’t know exactly what it does but if it’s just for YT the screen capture and @Samflash3 shortcut totally smashes it because it’s quick but also because it can be used with any source. I stream tons of internet radio stations and screen cap them at will, save to files, send to app and bingo.

Also has Apple blessing all over it.

• @supadom said:
    Re Tube AU. I don’t know exactly what it does but if it’s just for YT the screen capture and @Samflash3 shortcut totally smashes it because it’s quick but also because it can be used with any source. I stream tons of internet radio stations and screen cap them at will, save to files, send to app and bingo.

Yah for sure, I do the screen capture for Radio Garden. Nice thing with Tube AU is I can record a YT bit straight to a pad in BM3 and play it within seconds. It is great for hopping around videos willy nilly and plus sometimes I like to record in FX on the fly too. But I also use Player Xtreme to download large youtube videos super fast. When I don’t want to sit through the whole video it just grabs it as fast as the network can go, so I can dload a whole album in under a minute, convert it with whatever (audioshare etc). There are lots of different methods with different advantages.

• @gusgranite said:
    Why bovver wen you coulda used a samplepack, bro??

😉

But. But... evil!

• @AudioGus said:

@Svetlovska said:

I thought you would get better audio quality over screen recorder.
    Am I going off of old info?

• @CracklePot said:

@AudioGus said:

@Svetlovska said:

I thought you would get better audio quality over screen recorder.
    Am I going off of old info?

Hmmm, that probably makes sense as you wouldn’t be double encoding but its all pretty lofi and messy on my end most of the time anyway.

• Screen record is 128kbps I think.

• @AudioGus Good stuff there. Admire your slick facility. Of course the Masai Mafia are going to be after you for a cut as soon as it hits the charts etc.

• More plz. That was dope.

• @AudioGus said:

@supadom said:

Yah for sure, I do the screen capture for Radio Garden. Nice thing with Tube AU is I can record a YT bit straight to a pad in BM3 and play it within seconds. It is great for hopping around videos willy nilly and plus sometimes I like to record in FX on the fly too. But I also use Player Xtreme to download large youtube videos super fast. When I don’t want to sit through the whole video it just grabs it as fast as the network can go, so I can dload a whole album in under a minute, convert it with whatever (audioshare etc). There are lots of different methods with different advantages.

Yup yup, sampling freaks never had it this good on iOS ;)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @AudioGus Good stuff there. Admire your slick facility. Of course the Masai Mafia are going to be after you for a cut as soon as it hits the charts etc.

Fortunately that won’t be the case for 99.99% of us so we can keep enjoying the freedom of doing WTF we want! 😬

I know, so much bitterness in this sentence.

• @WillieNegus said:
    Cool vid. Good to see you back home (BM3).

Beatmaker 3 is still the King of sampling. IMO beats the breaks off everything on iOS and there is no close second in regard to sampling. No one even in the same galaxy and I don’t believe there will be until Intua or its founders drop something new which will also be leap years ahead of competition. As usual.

Hehe, Yah it is pretty snazzy. I just keep ping ponging between it and NS2. It is like living on two coasts right now with desktop being the summer home I never go to anymore but cant bring myself to let go completely. If/when NS2 get s audio tracks (and they are decent) I imagine my tracks would start in BM3 and finish in NS2.

• edited June 2020

Lol, ok PM

• @aleyas said:
    More plz. That was dope.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @AudioGus Good stuff there. Admire your slick facility. Of course the Masai Mafia are going to be after you for a cut as soon as it hits the charts etc.

Oh they have been taken care of (cracks knuckles)...

• @AudioGus said:

So you sampling with Youtube, any other websites source for sampling?

• @AudioGus nice job. BM3 is a land of inspiration. Quick questions: You mentioned Player Extreme...does that app allow you to download full YT vids and save them? Are you using the free version or the Pro?

• awesome!