Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NuRack Auv3 FX Processor by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• @aleyas You da man! Cool trick indeed, definitely. Though certainly Paul’s app is probably easier to set up with less worry about feedback getting out of control. Definitely a limiter will be essential in this set up haha!! Must try this, thanks for sharing.

• Do the knobs have the same problem as all the other 4pockets apps?

eg. You try to adjust to an exact value, but as soon as you lift your finger from the screen, it jumps to another value.

Normal behavior in all other apps, but with 4pockets, when you try to readjust the knob to a value that is a few ticks away, it jumps around and never goes near to where you want it.

After that, you have to set it far from the value that you want, let go, take a deep breath and then try again while exhaling very slowly.

I’ve tried adjusting them up/down, left/right and also diagonally. Same thing on every single 4Pockets app in my collection.

Extremely frustrating and kills the flow.

• @jolico I just tried this on their Shimmer. It stays perfectly wherever I leave it, actually much better than average. Not the slightest bit of drift when I lift my finger.

• @Gavinski said:
    @jolico I just tried this on their Shimmer. It stays perfectly wherever I leave it, actually much better than average. Not the slightest bit of drift when I lift my finger.

Have you tried moving it to a value nearby?

• I see what you mean, it is possible to get weird behaviour when doing that, but the trick is this: press in the middle of the knob and then just adjust the pressure of your finger very very slightly up or right, or left or down. I find that way it is super easy to dial in with accuracy, even just doing 0.01 value changes.

• @Gavinski said:
    I see what you mean, it is possible to get weird behaviour when doing that, but the trick is this: press in the middle of the knob and then just adjust the pressure of your finger very very slightly up or right, or left or down. I find that way it is super easy to dial in with accuracy, even just doing 0.01 value changes.

Cool tip.
    Probably will come in handy in many apps.

I see you got an answer to feedback in AUM using Busses.
    Yes, be careful of runaway feedback.

BTW, any Saturn codes to give away?
    I will definitely try to win one of those if you get some!
    😊

• Haha, I did try my luck with them, but no joy unfortunately. I wasn't really expecting them to bite for a small channel like mine 😅

• @Gavinski said:
    Haha, I did try my luck with them, but no joy unfortunately. I wasn't really expecting them to bite for a small channel like mine 😅

No biggie.
    Keep producing those excellent videos, though, codes or not.
    You do a great job!
    😊

• Thanks man!

• I ended up getting it it’s pretty cool so far and nice and light on the cpu

• Update w/new modules

• @anickt said:
    Update w/new modules

So what are the four new ones?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@anickt said:
    Update w/new modules

So what are the four new ones?

I think they are Vocal Doubler, Tube OD, Noise Gate, and Hard Limiter.
    Not sure, though, especially the last one.

They are all in that list further up in the thread.
    That is the full list as of now.

• Yep, that's correct.

• I would hope something like this would have internal modulation options e.g. LFOs, step sequencer etc ... does anyone know if it does?

• @craftycurate said:
    I would hope something like this would have internal modulation options e.g. LFOs, step sequencer etc ... does anyone know if it does?

It has automation lanes that you can assign to parameters on other effects and it’s parameters are wide open as well to send in midi data. The standalone has CC modulation but the au doesn’t seem to. No sequencer though. Here’s the automation control in AUM

• @Fingolfinzzz thanks for that. How slow does the speed go down to?

• Mr @4Pockets, throw your Multiband Compressor in there, and your Auto-tuner thing, and your awesome DeEsser, please please. I’ve bought so many of your apps, it’s like an addiction to chocolate or something!

• @Gavinski said:
    @Fingolfinzzz thanks for that. How slow does the speed go down to?

It looks like 10 seconds but lowering the range makes it go even slower, like at 50% it’ll take 10 seconds to run through it

• So not super slow unfortunately. Midilfos still seems to be one of the only options for really slow automations. Thnx anyway

• edited June 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Will this really be much easier than channing things together in drambo I wonder?

Probably not - you would usually pack your favorite combinations of modules into "Processor Rack" presets and combine these. Or just use the FX modules as they are. Quick and easy.

What's more important to me is how the individual 4pockets effects sound. I do prefer quality over quantity and I'm curious about how these will be rated.

• Yes, that's very important sure, keen to hear what ppl think

• I’ll try to make a demo video of it going through all the effects. They’re basic digital effects, I’ll definitely do some extra work on the files after recording with some stuff with more flavor. I’ll be using it mainly as a lightweight effects rack for my guitar and synth which will in handy on my air 1 that can barely handle anything anymore. I did just get MagicDeathEyeStereo and Segments though so I’m going to be a bit preoccupied for a minute heh. If no one else gets something up soon though I’ll make a video using just the effects from nurack so you can hear the sound quality. I think Drambo is more versatile and probably sounds better but yeah, that air 1..

• Hey I pulled myself from it, here’s a super basic demo of just going through the effects so you can hear what each one sounds like.

• Useful, thanks a lot @Fingolfinzzz

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@craftycurate said:
    I would hope something like this would have internal modulation options e.g. LFOs, step sequencer etc ... does anyone know if it does?

It has automation lanes that you can assign to parameters on other effects and it’s parameters are wide open as well to send in midi data. The standalone has CC modulation but the au doesn’t seem to. No sequencer though. Here’s the automation control in AUM

Helpful thanks!

• edited June 2020

That blinding background though.. "where my shade at" ...

Selection or 'design your own' of the following would be real "design your own":

• A selection of *knobs to choose from, (even just a few)
    • A selection of sliders to choose from, (even just a few)
    • A selection of UI colours to choose from, (even just a few)

*Design your own knobs, like you can with the logo thingy, would make it _really_ personalised.
    (_we could even put it up to 11_) ha

If n when I get this, I'll write to Paul - (unless it already has these or gets these).

Looks like it's fitting right in with folks that have it though, Excellent!

Sounds 'in more ways than one' like a ((Winner!))

Great Stuff!

King

• Hows the preset sharing on this one?
    (iCloud would be nice so one can design the effects on iPad and use them later on the iPhone).

• @craftycurate said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@craftycurate said:

Helpful thanks!

Am I right, then, in saying that there is no automation in AU mode? Also, I was hoping that it would 'record' automation in the AutoMate (or whatever it's called) module - is this not possible in the app?

• @audio_DT said:

@craftycurate said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@craftycurate said:

Helpful thanks!

Am I right, then, in saying that there is no automation in AU mode? Also, I was hoping that it would 'record' automation in the AutoMate (or whatever it's called) module - is this not possible in the app?

I was able to draw in automation in AU in Zenbeats. The problem is all parameters are only numbers (Parameter 1, Parameter 2 etc) so its trial and error to figure out what parameter number applies to what parameter unless I’m missing something.