Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPhone Studio killed by Lightning Jack Headphones

I built a studio in my phone, and used a Tascam stereo microphone to record/monitor my soprano saxophone mixed with several auto-accompaniment apps (iReal Pro) and effects. I listened to monitor and playback through headphones. Then Apple removed the headphone jack, and did not provide support for multiple data devices through the lightning port. I've played around with various attempts to fix this, but to no avail. I held on to my iPhone 6 for as long as I could, but eventually had to convert to an iPhone 7 without a 3.5 mm audio jack for other reasons. And, best I can tell, my phone studio is dead. The latency on blue tooth ear buds is too high, in my experience, to work with my app arrangement through audiobus. This is a last ditch effort to find a solution before I give up entirely.

Does anyone out there use bluetooth or any other headphone capability with audiobus and other assorted apps such that I could continue to use an external microphone with my phone and monitor with headphones?

I hate to think that all the time and money I put into developing my phone studio is now obsolete/wasted but that appears to be the case.

Thoughts?

Comments