Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NuRack Auv3 FX Processor by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• Will this really be much easier than channing things together in drambo I wonder?

• @KING said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    Hm. Buy it now or wait until next Tuesday when it’ll be £7.99?

Haha "next Tuesday"..

King

it’ll wait lol... his apps are always on sale

• edited June 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Will this really be much easier than channing things together in drambo I wonder?

Look forward to your vid, if n when you find out - if n when you do one - ha.

King

• @KING said:

@Gavinski said:
    Will this really be much easier than channing things together in drambo I wonder?

Look forward to your vid, if n when you find out - if n when you do one - ha.

King

Haha, thanks man, hoooo, so many apps, so little time 😂, let's see though

• @Gavinski said:

After Classic FX I’m a bit gun shy, sadly.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Gavinski said:

Gun shy? U lost me!

• Channing = chaining

• @Gavinski said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@Gavinski said:

Gun shy? U lost me!

I had very high expectations for Classic FX and wasn’t exactly whelmed by it. That is entirely on me of course, the app does what it says it does. So now I’ll have to think twice about buying an app that assembles components I already have as separate apps.

• OK yeah, I totally know what you mean. I think there the main problem was that we all expected something completely off the wall from Igor, based on his previous offerings, but this is a much more traditional effect than what we were hoping for, even if the sound quality is excellent.

• But yes, the Q remains, if you already have a ton of other fx, is it better to jut combine them more modularly or to have an all-in-one thing like this. I’m curious. Definitely Elastic Fx did it very well, just a pity it is not AU.

• edited June 2020

I like the "design your own interface" aspect of this creation. I want to see video showing more details about the design elements. Can I take the controls from any added module and place them anywhere they'll fit on the 'interface canvas?

I wonder what the full list of included modules are?

I think this is a great direction to see iOS/iPadOS music headed in....

First Drambo, and now NuRack. Two very different types of app, but both module based, and both have their own respective approaches to a "design your own interface" for essential creating your own custom app.

From the video... The 4pockets "designer features" seemed similar to a "graphic design page layout program". If Paul was to perfect a "page layout" system for custom App design, and then do "Synth" version with modules for building polyphonic synths, IMO that could be amazing.

I think I "heard" that Drambo will have a "Rack Only" View at some point in the future, and I think that could get really interesting for the prospect of custom synth/interface construction.

But I'm finding the 4pockets interface design approach intriguing because it reminds me of a "page layout" program.

What matters most is it sounds as good as it looks.

I hope the future will be filled with "design your own App" types of modular systems.

I also think I remember "hearing" the standalone version of Drambo may offer the ability to host AUv3's in the future.

So... Imagine being able to build your own custom effect using NuRack, and then hosting that as an AU module in a rack inside Drambo!

Looking forward to having more details about NuRack. :)

• edited June 2020

King

• is shimmer part of this ?

• Really interesting plugin. I love where he's going with this. Quite creative.

• @reasOne said:
    is shimmer part of this ?

He shows how you can make one in the video with I think delay, reverb, and pitch shift I believe it was and an XY pad to control the amount

• What does modular acheieve over effects that are on a sequencer? Also Korg needs to sort or someone needs to sort the xy pad on nanokey. It would be great to have effects there. Maybe it can?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@qryss said:
    For the first time I think the notion that you can do this in Drambo is actually true.

Not going to buy - but I’m over the apparent ship-it-and-drop-it approach of this outfit anyway.

Fair, but for the price of a pint,I think Paul is driving a bunch of value in these apps.

Let me know where you drink, so I can avoid it.

• Yeah £10.

• I asked him in the YouTube comments to add MIDI Out modules, so that it can become the first AUv3 custom MIDI controller editor. Would anyone else here be interested in that? You could control all of your IAA apps from an AU, inside of your DAW. If a few people were to express their interest, maybe Paul would be willing to prioritize that functionality.

• @Skyblazer sounds like a great idea, I'll +1 that

• @ashh said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@qryss said:
    For the first time I think the notion that you can do this in Drambo is actually true.

Not going to buy - but I’m over the apparent ship-it-and-drop-it approach of this outfit anyway.

Fair, but for the price of a pint,I think Paul is driving a bunch of value in these apps.

Let me know where you drink, so I can avoid it.

Give it a week or two. The price will change to be lower.

• im 100% interested in some midi out modules. i really like the custome interface design angle of this app and im very excites to try it out. i think i’m probably going to pick this up today and play around with it. especially since i only have digistix, analyser and tuner, and the multitrack recorder. this one seems to cover a slimmed down version of a lot of his effect apps.

• Yes, to midi modules!

• What if the price just keeps going up as he adds new FX modules, but they are free upgrades if you already own it?

😆

• peoples, i too was on the fence so i contacted paul to ask if there was a list of ALL the modules in this beastie ,, and pretty quickly he got back to tell me that version 1.1 is in review at the appstore , there are 4 more modules added so the list below of 30 modules is as of the 1.1v dropping , and nice news that he is adding some frequency splitters next..
    I guess it all depends on how much you like to feed yr effects back on themselves in an Au environment? :)

-quote-
    Right now we have the following modules:-

Chorus
    Phaser
    Vocal Doubler
    Flanger
    Tremelo
    Stereo Delay
    Tape Delay
    Reverb
    Parametric EQ
    Graphic EQ
    Pitch Shift
    Bit Cruncher
    Auto-Pan
    Tape Overdrive
    Velocity Controller
    Compressor (with sidechain)
    Noise Gate
    XY Touchpad
    AutoMate (automation synced to beat)
    MIDI Automate (automation via MIDI)
    VU Meters
    LED Meters
    Spectrum Analyser
    Splitter Module
    Mixer Module
    Gain
    Hard Limiter
    LP/HP Filter
    MultiFilter

I’m going to be working on some options to split audio based on frequency bands next….

• List looks great. It has multi-out already?

• If you use AUM you may wonder why you would need this.
    But if you use a DAW, it should be pretty obvious how this app could benefit you.

If you use Drambo, note that you can create feedback loops in this one.

If you use miRack, you are probably set, unless you need multi in/out.

Th interface builder really sets this one apart, though.

• What’s going to happen to their current single fx apps?

• But in AUM can you feed the fx back on themselves?

@CracklePot said:
    If you use AUM you may wonder why you would need this.
    But if you use a DAW, it should be pretty obvious how this app could benefit you.

• edited June 2020

Yeah, you can route an effect back to itself.
    For example:

Channel 1: DRC
    Fx: Bus Send A (50%)

Channel 2: Mix Bus A
    Fx 1: Reverb
    Fx 2: Bus send A
    Fx 3: Bus send B (15%)

Channel 3: Mix Bus B
    Fx 1: Chorus
    Fx 2: Bus send A (15%)
    Fx 3: Bus send B

This will create a feedback loop where the input signal goes through a reverb, then goes into a chorus, and then goes back into the reverb again in an infinite loop. You could also have a parallel fx loop where the reverb output (send A) goes directly back to itself (channel 2), at the same time that the chorus effected signal (B) is getting sent back in.

Of course levels need to be very precise, just on the edge of feedback. In fx slot 1 on each channel there should be a limiter to keep things under control.

Here’s a template I was working on for the ‘virtual test equipment lab’ we were talking about in the Fundamental thread.

@Gavinski said:
    But in AUM can you feed the fx back on themselves?

@CracklePot said:
    If you use AUM you may wonder why you would need this.