Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NuRack Auv3 FX Processor by 4Pockets.com

edited June 2020 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1520146960

Description:

NuRack is an AUv3 based multi-channel audio effects processor with a difference, it actually allows you to design your own custom effects using the building blocks provided. You have full control over routing which allows you to create complex audio paths in series or parallel. You can choose whether to use the stock interface or create your own custom interface using the built in Interface Builder which allows you to concentrate your audio components into a single customized effect.

NuRack can run in one of two modes. The first providing 3 customizable effects racks which can be switched (manually or via MIDI), providing seemless switching (i.e. delay trails linger whilst another set of effects are faded in). The second mode allows you to route audio through the 3 input busses to 3 seperate effect racks which are processed simultaniously.

A generaous number of audio building blocks are provided covering 6 different categories of effects. These include Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremelo, Delay, Tape Delay, Reverb, LP/HPFilter, Multi-Filter, Graphic EQ, Parametric EQ, Compressor, Pitch Shifter, AutoPan, Bit-Shifter etc.

We also provide the ability to split and combine audio signal using the splitter and mixer modules as well as a number of visual elements such as VU Meters, LED Meters, Graphs etc.

Some effects such as phaser and flanger are usually controlled by an LFO, but this can be detached and automated remotely. We have a number of modules that allow auomation based on direct touch (X/Y Pads), MIDI input (CC data), or peak/rms level detection. These automation modules can remotely control knobs and sliders throughout your rack.
Simply create a new rack and start adding modules to it. These modules are generally wired up automatically but these connections can be manually routed. Once you have your sound as you wish you can use it as is, or switch to Interface Builder mode where you can combine all your modules into a single interface. Elements can be dragged, dropped, resized and coloured as required. Add your own labels and image logos before saving your custom component.

Use the X/Y Pad to control your modulation effects by detaching their LFO's. Use MIDI CC data to automate knobs. Use the velocity of an incoming signal to control the cutoff/resonance of a filter (wah) or volume level of a gain control (swell), as NuRack expands, so do the possibilities.

Features:

○ 26 categorised modules.
○ 3 Input / Output busses supported.
○ Multiple automation options.
○ Seemless transition between racks.
○ Manual audio path routing.
○ Open in presentation mode (auto hides controls).
○ Interface Builder to customize your rack.
○ AUv3 plugin runs in MIDI and none MIDI mode.
○ Add your own Text/Heading and Image/Logos to your design.
○ Compatibility options for DAW's not supporting multi-channels.

From 4pockets facebook:

Take a peak at my soon to be released Auv3 modular effect builder plugin. Create your own custom effects by bolting together modules from an ever increasing toolbox and add your own custom interface using the built in Visual Builder. Its very cool and great fun to use...

The link below is the first video in a series I plan to release showing how it works, so go take a look.

Comments

• Cool, will this include 'presets' for all the existing 4Pockets AUv3's as it seems to cover just about every 4P app released so far with a few exceptions...

• Modular FX like miRack and Drambo but in a more straightforward way.
    Looks like a nice product!

• Looks very cool.

• about time!!! this is great, and what we’ve wanted for ever!
    imagine if audio damagae and fabfilter and everyone else follow in the footsteps

• edited June 2020

O_O

King

• Lovely!!!

• This will be very usable in hosts like ApeMatrix where there are limited number of inputs. It can also be used as a mega channel-strip. Very very interesting

• wow this looks so cool. is there an estimated release date for it yet?

• This is gonna be awesome in GarageBand to

• @itsaghost said:
    wow this looks so cool. is there an estimated release date for it yet?

This weekend, according to a comment Paul posted on the YouTube video.

• I’ll be watching for this! The weekend starts tomorrow. ;)

• It’s out in canada

• wimwim
    edited June 2020

Looks amazingly cool. And the previously obligatory VU meters are finally optional. B)

• @wim said:
    Looks amazingly cool. And the previously obligatory VU meters are finally optional. B)

I purchased my first 4Pockets app specifically because of the VU meters.... 😮

• wimwim
    edited June 2020

@anickt said:

@wim said:

They can be useful, but they're a silly waste of space in many of the plugins. They also take up processing cycles. Making them optional is a nice move. Besides, "LED" style meters that hold the peaks for some period of time, or indefinitely, and that can be compared side-by-side are much more useful than dials. More compact as well.

Form over function only goes so far with me.

• For the first time I think the notion that you can do this in Drambo is actually true.

Not going to buy - but I’m over the apparent ship-it-and-drop-it approach of this outfit anyway.

• @qryss said:
    For the first time I think the notion that you can do this in Drambo is actually true.

Not going to buy - but I’m over the apparent ship-it-and-drop-it approach of this outfit anyway.

Fair, but for the price of a pint,I think Paul is driving a bunch of value in these apps.

• I still haven’t mastered Audulus / miRack / Drambo

• edited June 2020

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nurack-auv3-fx-processor/id1520146960

Could be worth it as modules are added. Looks easy to use.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I still haven’t mastered Audulus / miRack / Drambo

Me neither. That's a good reason to buy this one. You can learn how to do everything in under ten minutes.

• Oh wow I wasn’t expecting it to come out so fast. Anyone pick it up yet?

• Does look easier to use. Need to see it in action plus I just spent over my limit with Saturn 2 and sEGments

@Skyblazer said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    I still haven’t mastered Audulus / miRack / Drambo

Me neither. That's a good reason to buy this one. You can learn how to do everything in under ten minutes.

• @wim said:

@anickt said:

@wim said:

They can be useful, but they're a silly waste of space in many of the plugins. They also take up processing cycles. Making them optional is a nice move. Besides, "LED" style meters that hold the peaks for some period of time, or indefinitely, and that can be compared side-by-side are much more useful than dials. More compact as well.

Form over function only goes so far with me.

Nostalgia my friend! 😆

• Hm. Buy it now or wait until next Tuesday when it’ll be £7.99?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Hm. Buy it now or wait until next Tuesday when it’ll be £7.99?

Haha "next Tuesday"..

King

• @KING said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

Haha "next Tuesday"..

King

Price wise the 4Pockets apps are harder to pin down than my nieces in a bouncy castle.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@KING said:

Haha "next Tuesday"..

King

Price wise the 4Pockets apps are harder to pin down than my nieces in a bouncy castle.

I think he has certainly found a way to game the system. It keeps every app constantly in rotation here, on FB, on Appsliced.

• edited June 2020

@KING said:

Haha "next Tuesday"..

King

Yeah I thinks they are the most up n down. (YoYo pricing - strategy)
    Also, I wonder if they have the most apps (AUv3 plugins) been meaning to start a thread about that...

But yes, buy now or buy later..

Look forward to seeing more vids by users etc..

King

• Nu-mi-Drambo-Rack.

That Combo should be interesting

King