Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thumbj-amazing - little demo of Audio to MIDI

edited September 2014 in Creations

Here was tonight's jam at my place. This is mostly a demo of Thumbjam's amazing Audio to MIDI real-time conversion. Sometimes it just clicks into sync with my acoustic guitar and I imagine I'm playing an orchestra with my guitar. Nothin too exact, and it misses notes sometimes, but still a lot of fun :)

This is a live jam demo of the audio to MIDI function of Thumbjam. Track recorded on iOS, using acoustic guitar, Guitar input thru Focusrite 2i2, Guitar notes converted to MIDI in Thumbjam, Thumbjam internal Strings recorded in Loopy HD, Loopy's output sent to AUFX:Space and recorded therein. Recording trimmed and shortened in Auria.

Comments

• That's why this forum is so awesome. We have dudes that use words like THEREIN! I think it was a nice little ThereinJam. Now I'm inspired!

• Very cool, thanks for sharing!

• Cheers, thanks guys.

Also, this happened to be my first 20 minutes spent in Auria, which I bought when it was on half price sale months ago. What a beautiful, well-designed piece of software.

I'm just blown away that I can sit on my sofa with my guitar as a MIDI controller, record some sounds, decide to add a bit of reverb on the final output, edit it, and post to soundcloud, all on a device smaller than a stack of three cards in the mailbox.

• Inspiring indeed.