Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Father's Day (and a Trance song dedicated to my late dad)

edited June 2020 in Creations

Happy Father's Day to you all. This is a song dedicated to my late dad.

Logistics - I crafted this song was in NS2. I used mostly internal effects, using Barkfilter TripleBand to help spice up some things such as the bass, the lead, etc, and Pro-DS on the vocals. Speaking of which, I recorded the vocals in Cubasis 3, tuned them in Multitrack Studio, and dumped them into Slate.

And yes, the autotune effect is way too heavy-handed, because MTS' vocal tuner is either too much or too little, never "just right". ( Thank goodness @danielfromcodalabs is going to craft a Melodyne-styled app!)

I mastered the track with MagicDeathEyeStereo, NS2's Stereogain to get the output to about -15dB, then BarkFilter Tripleband, and finally Pro-L2. Cheers.

Comments

• Very, very nice. Happy Father’s Day.

• @AtticusL said:
    Very, very nice. Happy Father’s Day.

Thanks mate. :) I appreciate it.

• The lyrics almost made me cry.

Nice song. Happy (wistful) Fathers Day.

• @audiblevideo said:
    The lyrics almost made me cry.

Nice song. Happy (wistful) Fathers Day.

Thanks mate for both things. :) I appreciate it.

• I don't really like trance, but it definitely sounds like you have the genre down, it's got that euphoria, and this is a very catchy track. That little part around the 1:55 mark is really, really well done.

Hope you're not grieving too much too, good luck 🙏

• @Gavinski said:
    I don't really like trance, but it definitely sounds like you have the genre down, it's got that euphoria, and this is a very catchy track. That little part around the 1:55 mark is really, really well done.

Thanks mate. :) Believe it or not, I cut my "EDM teeth" on Trance back in 2003 when I had gotten ahold of FL Studio. Paul Van Dyk, Alphazone, Tiësto back when he actually made amazing Trance (as opposed to whatever the f*ck he's been doing since 2010 :lol: ), ATB, Armin, BT, etc. Those were the days mate. :lol:

Hope you're not grieving too much too, good luck 🙏

Thanks again mate. I won't lie, it's gotten easier since December (that's when Dad passed), and I have support from family, but this was the first year in a few years we didn't have our traditional father-son Father's Day fishing trip. 😞

• Cool track! As @Gavinski said „you have the genre down“ - with that years of experience I see why.
    Really nice arrangement and buildups and drops and structure. Well crafted out!
    Sorry for your loss though. But its beautiful to see how music is helping you to fight your way through this miserable time.

• Very catchy, great production here, you know how to do proper uplifting trance :+1: :+1: :+1:

• Great track mate.... <3

• A really beautiful tribute to you dad mate.
    I saw some really good trance djs back in the late 90s, early 00s.
    Paul van dyk, Ferry Corsten, Cosmic Gate, John Kelly, Scott Bond. Great times👍

• @david_2017 said:
    Cool track! As @Gavinski said „you have the genre down“ - with that years of experience I see why.
    Really nice arrangement and buildups and drops and structure. Well crafted out!

Thank you mate. I greatly appreciate the compliments. :)

Sorry for your loss though. But its beautiful to see how music is helping you to fight your way through this miserable time.

It sure is helping a lot. Music has always been my "salvation".

@dendy said:
    Very catchy, great production here, you know how to do proper uplifting trance :+1: :+1: :+1:

At least I pretend to know what I'm doing. ;) Cheers mate.

@studs1966 said:
    Great track mate.... <3

Thanks mate. :)

@Small_paul1976 said:
    A really beautiful tribute to you dad mate.

Thank you so much mate.

I saw some really good trance djs back in the late 90s, early 00s.
    Paul van dyk, Ferry Corsten, Cosmic Gate, John Kelly, Scott Bond. Great times👍

AH YES! I love Cosmic Gate! :D (As a matter of fact, would you believe Bossi from Cosmic Gate heard the remix I did for that 90s Dance Music producer and liked it?!) Also Blank & Jones let's not forget! Some of the layering ideas for the bass and lead I got from "Mind of the Wonderful". The idea behind using a snare instead of a handclap on the 2 and 4 beats came from some of Gareth Emery's latest productions.

• Excellent music!