Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Countdown to a Dream"

Do not operate heavy equipment with this playing nearby.
Lovely "Slow PAD" from Continua Synth and some very cautious guitar swells
to avoid waking up any sleepers.

Comments

• Nice ambience. Unfortunately ran over my own foot while listening in my car.

• Btw, liked your Guitar in times of peace. You should post that.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Btw, liked your Guitar in times of peace. You should post that.

Maybe a small segment. I left that on my soundcloud as a "time capsule" to
    compare against every few months to show myself progress. I'm probably going
    to hit record every few weeks and save one of these practice jams.

• Very nice. I’ve been listening to the beautiful ambient guitar work of Chords of Orion lately. Reminds me of that.

• Really like this a lot. Has a soundtrack + running through the fields on a sunny day kind of feel. Sounds a bit like God Is An Astronaut in a few spots. Well done

• what a good thing this was... no pills needed. mite be your best drone @McD

• @noob said:
    what a good thing this was... no pills needed. mite be your best drone @McD

I'll go ahead and disclose the tools used since a massive beautiful drone texture just falls out of these tools in AUM:

1. set the AUM BPM to 20.
    2. set up a "Riffer" MIDI FX instance and hit the die to get a nice random sequence in the default key and range.
    3. set up (an optional) Cality MIDI FX instance and wire it to the output of Riffer so now you'll have 2 MIDI sources that are aligned on scales and rhythms.
    4. Set a synth (I choose the Continua Synth using the "Slow Pad" factory preset) and drive it from the Riffer MIDI source.
    5. Set up another PAD focused synth (I duplicate Continua and the same preset) and drive it from Cality.

For more complexity turn up the BPM on AUM to taste.

I then added some highly ambient guitar using Atmosphere, FAC and EOS 2 reverbs on the Master "Sub-mix Bus A" to just smear everything into a dream state.

Of course you could substitute alternatives for every app:

Riffer, Cality -> Fugue Machine, Drambo sequencer, Xequence 2, etc.
    Continua -> delay the attack on almost any ADSR control in a synth and it will get mellow

And ambient reverbs are all the rage lately with dozens of options but don't forget the classics: Kozmonaut, Blackhole, EOS2, AudioReverb, Altispace and multi-delays.

• @McD and cowbell ofc.

• @noob said:
    @McD and cowbell ofc.

You only add "cowbell" if you want the track to chart in the Top 40. For sleeping music it's
    more of a wake up call so maybe in the final minute to bring the subject back to life.

It's hard to accept that this track is almost 6 minutes because when you're making it the time just floats along blissfully.

• edited June 2020

besides, the cowbell is not ‘drone enough’ vanilla...
    anyway great soundtrack this was. will be used later before sleep (will I dream of mechanical sheep? well see)

• @LinearLineman said:
    Nice ambience. Unfortunately ran over my own foot while listening in my car.

Sounds painful.