Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mountain / Ever Upward

RC275, BASSalicious, NSK +FAC Phazer, PSP, BeatHawk trombs, Heavy Brass X2, Noise Drums, BeatHawk drums, Micrologue ARP.

Comments

• Wow! Very uplifting! :)

• edited June 2020

Thank you so much @Sawiton. For me making music is in good part about risk taking. When I sit down and start playing I usually don’t know what the hell is happening. I can step aside from my judgmental mind but it is still yammering as I play. And usually what it’s saying ain’t good!

When I played this it sounded pretty untogether, but at least I wasn’t playing it safe and I kept playing
    (The biggest danger of that judgmental self is throwing in the towel). Part of the fun is trying to turn it into something decent when arranging, orchestrating and mixing, When doing that I usually see that there is something worthwhile in it from the start.

When someone, such as yourself, likes it, it is very reassuring that the risks are worth it and perseverance brings reward. So, thanks again for listening and commenting. Very much appreciated!

• edited June 2020

B)

• wow. words cannot describe how much i love this. it has an incredible and unique energy to it. im seriously speechless, thank you for taking risks in your music. you are VERY good at it!

• Thank you so very much @itsaghost. It’s very affecting to learn that I have moved someone with my efforts. Really makes me stop and think about it in a good way. So, much appreciated. May I ask how you listened to it?

😍 to you @Lady_App_titude!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thank you so very much @itsaghost. It’s very affecting to learn that I have moved someone with my efforts. Really makes me stop and think about it in a good way. So, much appreciated. May I ask how you listened to it?

as in what device did i use to listen to it?
    i listened to it once with my phone and another with my wireless earbuds. my friend is borrowing my good headphones but i’m getting them back soon so i’ll listen again with those!

• @itsaghost, Thx. I can’t imagine it sounded too good on your phone.

• @LinearLineman said:
    RC275, BASSalicious, NSK +FAC Phazer, PSP, BeatHawk trombs, Heavy Brass X2, Noise Drums, BeatHawk drums, Micrologue ARP.

Out of all of your current pieces this one
    has been the most challenging so far.

There were overtones of
    King Crimson, Indiscipline
    in the build up to the horns
    and only in as much as that was
    my reference point harmonically.

The mix sounded well balance
    though a little dry for me.
    I would've added a slightly
    longer reverb time and
    that's a matter of taste.

Lovely piece.

All the way it was quintessential you.

Thank you for sharing.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thank you so much @Sawiton. For me making music is in good part about risk taking. When I sit down and start playing I usually don’t know what the hell is happening.

You stuck the landing on this acrobatic flight of fancy. I love the instrument choices you made and the mix is very good. You're mastering this IOS music prod shit.

• @Gravitas, thanks, Ishmael, for the detailed comments. I hope to do more like this. Especially now I can put an uncharacteristic brass section together.

@Mcd, thanks bud, I also think my production chops are getting better. Fortunately, learning is cumulative! There is a certain openness in listening, too. A kind of relaxed calm that suggests what to do next. Especially EQing.