Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3.1.1 available

LFSLFS
edited June 2020 in General App Discussion

Hi all,

Nothing should stand in the way, when you're ready to capture your ideas with Cubasis.
This supplemental update includes improvements and is recommended for all Cubasis users.

Download Cubasis 3.1.1 on the App Store

If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app on the App Store!

Thanks,
Lars

Comments

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2020

What's New in Cubasis 3.1.1

CBT-1951 Resolves a serious problem when using the app on iPhone SE and 6S models.
    CBT-1944 MIDI notes no longer disappear in the editor, when moving MIDI events between tracks.
    CBT-1939 Project edits are properly saved, if a project has been manually imported to the projects folder using a file manager app.
    CBT-1938 Active project is highlighted, if it has been manually imported into the projects folder using a file manager app.
    CBT-1936 Connected hardware devices are properly displayed in the setup again.

• @LFS said:
    Hi all,

Nothing should stand in the way, when you're ready to capture your ideas with Cubasis.
    This supplemental update includes improvements and is recommended for all Cubasis users.

Download Cubasis 3.1.1 on the App Store

If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app on the App Store!

Thanks,
    Lars

Your link there just refreshes the page here.

• @DukeWonder said:
    Your link there just refreshes the page here.

Thanks & fixed @DukeWonder!

Best,
    Lars

• Thanks @LFS, after two years and 235 Cubasis tracks I am ready for the updated CB3. Just waiting for the July Fourth sale! 🤔😳🤣🥳😘 (will buy at full price if necessary)

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @LFS, after two years and 235 Cubasis tracks I am ready for the updated CB3. Just waiting for the July Fourth sale! 🤔😳🤣🥳😘 (will buy at full price if necessary)

You’ll be very glad you got this. It really is turning into an excellent DAW. The new features are worthy additions, especially the UI improvements such as the Tablet XL mode.

• @TimRussell said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @LFS, after two years and 235 Cubasis tracks I am ready for the updated CB3. Just waiting for the July Fourth sale! 🤔😳🤣🥳😘 (will buy at full price if necessary)

You’ll be very glad you got this. It really is turning into an excellent DAW. The new features are worthy additions, especially the UI improvements such as the Tablet XL mode.

Yeah, it's nudging me towards fulltime user also...

• Can a CB3 user please explain to me the best way to ensure my projects save?

I know it's meant to "auto-save" but I've unfortunately lost quite some work relying on this, even after creating Duplicate projects as back-ups.

I was specifically having issues with AUv3 save states. It makes me wonder, does an AUv3 require MIDI information to be input on its channel before it will be autosaved? In other words, CB3 doesn't save the states of AUv3s that are self-sequencing and not receiving MIDI info from the CB3 track?

I posted this in another thread but this thread seems to be more visible.

Thanks!

• @drewinnit said:
    Can a CB3 user please explain to me the best way to ensure my projects save?

I know it's meant to "auto-save" but I've unfortunately lost quite some work relying on this, even after creating Duplicate projects as back-ups.

I was specifically having issues with AUv3 save states. It makes me wonder, does an AUv3 require MIDI information to be input on its channel before it will be autosaved? In other words, CB3 doesn't save the states of AUv3s that are self-sequencing and not receiving MIDI info from the CB3 track?

Thanks!

Do you have the issue only with Drambo?

• So far, yes...this was the first real project I began in CB3. Will test again tonight with similar AUv3s that don't require MIDI info.

• @drewinnit said:
    Can a CB3 user please explain to me the best way to ensure my projects save?

Thanks!

Clone it.

• edited June 2020

@drewinnit said:
    So far, yes...this was the first real project I began in CB3. Will test again tonight with similar AUv3s that don't require MIDI info.

The issue can be on Drambo or Cubasis 3. Complex AUV3 with their own saving system can lead to issues. Waiting for a fix, try to save Drambo in Drambo first, and see how it works, perhaps CB3 will save it better, and you should be able to recover your work from Drambo. You should report the issue to Cubasis and Drambo’s teams.

• Thanks @Janosax ! Thought this might be the issue (complexity of drambo). I'll do a few more tests and then report. Cheers

• How about accessing my existing AU presets? When open the presets in Cubasis, I almost always see a blank list.

• @mistercharlie said:
    How about accessing my existing AU presets? When open the presets in Cubasis, I almost always see a blank list.

I think this is more the fault of the plugins you use...?! Isn’t it?!?

• mh ... ochtachron driving internal drum kit plus fugue machine with fm player 2. not a very complex setup I would think.
    massive audio drop out after a 30 seconds or so. and the preset of fm player 2 not recalled on reopen.
    this version of cubasis seems mostly unusable on my iPad Pro 10.5

• FPCFPC
    edited June 2020

I've been having issues with C3 working with Beathawk and Pure Acid... but I can't really add anything constructive to this question because it all seemed so random!
    Reloading a C3 project seemed to randomly lose state saves from Beathawk and PA seemingly regardless of whether they were being sequenced by Cubasis and just used as a sound source or using their own sequencer to run alongside C3...
    Then everything just seemed to behave once I'd frozen a few tracks on C3 and reduced the stress on my CPU. So maybe this was the cause... but it could have just been a coincidence... sorry 😐

• Thanks for the updates, everything has been running a lot more smoothly lately. The master channel effect has been a great addition

• Been waiting to buy on the off chance we’d get lpx. Probably safe now. Worth the update from Cubasis 2?

• @LinearLineman said:

Hi @LinearLineman,

Hope you're well!
    Unfortunately there will be no July Fourth sale from us, so you might have to be more patient...

Best,
    Lars

• @TimRussell said:> You’ll be very glad you got this. It really is turning into an excellent DAW. The new features are worthy additions, especially the UI improvements such as the Tablet XL mode.

Hi @TimRussell,

Good to hear that Cubasis 3 seems to wok fine for you so far!
    Enjoy making music and Cubasis 3... :)

Stay well,
    Lars

• @nick said:
    mh ... ochtachron driving internal drum kit plus fugue machine with fm player 2. not a very complex setup I would think.
    massive audio drop out after a 30 seconds or so. and the preset of fm player 2 not recalled on reopen.
    this version of cubasis seems mostly unusable on my iPad Pro 10.5

Hi @nick,

Could the issues be related to the 3rd party plug-ins in use?
    In addition, please have a look at our dedicated Cubasis 3 Performance article, to see if it is of any help for you.

Thanks
    Lars

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Thanks for the updates, everything has been running a lot more smoothly lately. The master channel effect has been a great addition

Hi @Fingolfinzzz,

We are very glad to read this!

Thanks
    & best wishes,
    Lars

• @LFS. Won’t wait. It’s worth much more than its price. All good here. Hope the same for you.

• edited June 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    @LFS. Won’t wait. It’s worth much more than its price. All good here. Hope the same for you.

My grandmother always would repeat this little rhyme under her breath with regard to such matters.
    She actually lived to be exceedingly old.

Every day passing
    means one day less left
    think of any cost
    as a continuing theft
    that compounds and rises
    as each sun sets
    and thus buy now
    is the best of bets.

• @JohnnyGoodyear, your grandma was Jewish? So melancholic and consumer oriented. Yeah, she was 100% about this. It’s good to have lived all those days... and the pleasure of the days to come... perfect when you don’t care so much anymore. 72 next week. Decomposition is a great teacher. So yeah, CB3 shortly. And maybe B3x. There are actually no other apps I crave.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear, your grandma was Jewish? So melancholic and consumer oriented. Yeah, she was 100% about this. It’s good to have lived all those days... and the pleasure of the days to come... perfect when you don’t care so much anymore. 72 next week. Decomposition is a great teacher. So yeah, CB3 shortly. And maybe B3x. There are actually no other apps I crave.

She was a small and fierce Mancunian communist who lived in a little council house and took an old pram door to door collecting food and clothes for the International Brigade fighting the Spanish Civil War. She would however betray her indulgent side by the considerable amount of jam she would spread on her morning toast. A fine woman full of good lessons for a foolish grandson.

• Sounds Jewish to me @JohnnyGoodyear. Beautiful memories.

• @LFS Please share this with the development team if they have not already checked it :)
    https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2020/10226/
    Record stereo audio with AVAudioSession
    (Even on 'mono devices' the benefits should be pretty clear).

• @LFS just curious, what is average latency of Cubasis on Android ?

• @dendy said:
    @LFS just curious, what is average latency of Cubasis on Android ?

Can't speak for Cubasis yet but as a former Android only music maker (Caustic, DRC, G-Stomper, Oscillab, RD4, Audio Evolution and others) it's very much device specific.

Great strides have been made in the last few OS updates (since v7.0 I think) and if you've got a device which is stock Android and devoid of manufacturer bloatware then you'll be fine. Google Pixel phones and tabs will be great.

I seem to remember that Samsung phones and tablets were really bad but this might have changed.

Playing with Caustic now on my Nokia 8 phone feels as latency free as it does on my Air 3.