Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 for iPhone and iPad available...

Comments

• @Apex said:
    What’s the current state of MIDI Sync with Cubasis 3? MIDI Clock Master? Slave?

Apologies if this has been discussed.

Do you mean it's ability just to keep AUs in time?
    C2's failure to stay in time over a looped section is the only thing stopping me buying 3 so I'd love to know it's current state.

• @FPC said:

@Apex said:

C2's failure to stay in time over a looped section is the only thing stopping me buying 3 so I'd love to know it's current state.

I highly doubt both master and slave sync will ever arrive in C3, your only option on the DAW front is Beatmaker 3.

• @FPC said:

@Apex said:

I mean tempo & transport sync thru MIDI clock. Surely there has to be something?

I already have BM3. Unfortunately, while I like it for ‘beat making’, I find it inadequate for audio recording.

• @Apex said:

@FPC said:

@Apex said:

I mean tempo & transport sync thru MIDI clock. Surely there has to be something?

I already have BM3. Unfortunately, while I like it for ‘beat making’, I find it inadequate for audio recording.

CB3 works perfectly well as a MIDI Clock master, and the looping issue that exists in CB2 does not exist in CB3. :)

• @LFS Any chance multi-output is on the roadmap?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Apex said:

@FPC said:

@Apex said:

CB3 works perfectly well as a MIDI Clock master, and the looping issue that exists in CB2 does not exist in CB3. :)

Thanks for the answer. Its been challenging to find documentation. MIDI Clock Master is good enough for what I need to do (syncing and external midi sequencer to track audio).

Cheers

• @Apex said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Apex said:

@FPC said:

@Apex said:

Thanks for the answer. Its been challenging to find documentation. MIDI Clock Master is good enough for what I need to do (syncing and external midi sequencer to track audio).

Cheers

I use it to do exactly that, syncing my Circuit and Monostation to Cubasis. Works perfectly ;)

• @Apex said:

Hi @Apex,

As with Cubasis 2, Cubasis 3 supports MIDI Clock Master.
    Currently we are unaware of any issues in regards to MIDI Clock with Cubasis 3.

Best,
    Lars

• What can this do that Audio Evolution can’t?

• I’m really enjoying this app! Recording electric guitar and adding effects! Sonfar rock solid for me with recording midi to drive synths! Often close and reopen to make sure it saves. You know just in case.❤️😌😌☝️🙏

• @Tones4Christ said:
    I’m really enjoying this app! Recording electric guitar and adding effects! Sonfar rock solid for me with recording midi to drive synths! Often close and reopen to make sure it saves. You know just in case.❤️😌😌☝️🙏

Hi @Tones4Christ,

Thanks for the feedback, we're glad to read that you seem to enjoy using Cubasis 3!

Stay well,
    Lars

• edited May 2020

SOLVED

• Ahh I see the button now. Lemme see if this works out for a G

• Hey all. After months of non-commital jamming, I bought C3 the other day. I'm wondering if there is a more in depth Cubasis manual somewhere out there? The official one on the Steinberg website is surprisingly (and frustratingly) bare bones. I know there are plenty of YouTube tutorials out there (as well as this very forum) that would be of great help to me, but I have a bunch of really small questions that would be so much more easily answered by just reading a better manual.

• @nabelnabel said:
    Hey all. After months of non-commital jamming, I bought C3 the other day. I'm wondering if there is a more in depth Cubasis manual somewhere out there? The official one on the Steinberg website is surprisingly (and frustratingly) bare bones. I know there are plenty of YouTube tutorials out there (as well as this very forum) that would be of great help to me, but I have a bunch of really small questions that would be so much more easily answered by just reading a better manual.

Hi @nabelnabel,

Thanks for your message.

There is no additional manual available apart from the apps' in-app help.

But we've released lots of tutorials since day 1 ourselves:

Tutorials - Part I
    Tutorials - Part II

And there is the dedicated Steinberg Mobile Apps You Tube channel which houses even more clips.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS Keep up the good work Lars. Am pleased I bought CB3.

• Cubase 10.5... a masterpiece!! Trying to get up to speed with all the features and shortcuts. Not sure if the following is in manual...

Anyone know off hand how to modify pitchbend curve after its recorded? I recorded with default setting -2 but now want to draw the curve down to -12 for those recordings without having to change the settings on my midi controller and re-record the movements. Thanks!

• edited June 2020

@LFS cb3/3.1 excellent work by the dev team. Thanks . I continue to say Cubasis 3 is worth the money spent. The mix “summing” of tracks has had a lot of work put into Cb3. Seperation of tracks before adding effects is the most important in a DAW or Outboard and Steinberg wins . :) and thanks to you Lars for responding to the many posts on here & elsewhere. One feature request , A repeat/duplicate button for copying regions although Copy & paste is cool

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @LFS Keep up the good work Lars. Am pleased I bought CB3.

Thank you very much, the team did it & they've done a great job indeed... :)
    Happy to read your satisfied with the app, that's what it is made for!

Best,
    Lars

• @caspergomez said:
    Cubase 10.5... a masterpiece!! Trying to get up to speed with all the features and shortcuts. Not sure if the following is in manual...

Anyone know off hand how to modify pitchbend curve after its recorded? I recorded with default setting -2 but now want to draw the curve down to -12 for those recordings without having to change the settings on my midi controller and re-record the movements. Thanks!

Hi @caspergomez,

This forum and topic is about Cubasis, our mobile app for iOS and Android... :)

Best,
    Lars

• @stormbeats said:
    @LFS cb3/3.1 excellent work by the dev team. Thanks . I continue to say Cubasis 3 is worth the money spent. The mix “summing” of tracks has had a lot of work put into Cb3. Seperation of tracks before adding effects is the most important in a DAW or Outboard and Steinberg wins . :) and thanks to you Lars for responding to the many posts on here & elsewhere. One feature request , A repeat/duplicate button for copying regions although Copy & paste is cool

Hi @stormbeats,

Thanks for the kind feedback.

The full team did spend many hours, evenings and weekends into this triple release, to achieve it is of great quality and satisfies our users - both in iOS and now for Android too.

Glad to read your comment, that Cubase is worth the money spent for you.

Thanks,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@caspergomez said:
    Cubase 10.5... a masterpiece!! Trying to get up to speed with all the features and shortcuts. Not sure if the following is in manual...

Hi @caspergomez,

Best,
    Lars

Noted. But my opinion of 10.5 remains the same lol

• @caspergomez said:

@LFS said:

@caspergomez said:

Hi @caspergomez,

Best,
    Lars

Noted. But my opinion of 10.5 remains the same lol

That's great... :)

• Quick beginner question about CB3:

I created a project and worked on it for a few hours, when I reopened it most of the work was gone :(

This must be user error - I understood that CB3 saves the project automatically. I even created a few Duplicated projects to avoid this happening. Am I doing something wrong?

The channels I was working on are still there, as well as the AUv3s (Drambo), but the sequences and modules in Drambo are gone/unsaved. This doesn't happen in AUM or BM3

Does this mean CB3 only saves AUv3 state if that unit has MIDI programmed for it?

Trying to get my head around this so I can avoid this scenario in future, thanks for any help :)

• @LFS can I make a feature request? As a left-handed user, I find it very difficult to use the momentary controls on the left side of the piano roll, especially when using the Apple Pencil. Adding an option to switch those controls to the right side of the screen would be amazing.

• @jscheel said:
    @LFS can I make a feature request? As a left-handed user, I find it very difficult to use the momentary controls on the left side of the piano roll, especially when using the Apple Pencil. Adding an option to switch those controls to the right side of the screen would be amazing.

Another lefty vote for this. That goes to all of you developers too.

• wimwim
    edited June 2020

Just turn on rotation lock and turn your device upside-down.

• @drewinnit said:
    Quick beginner question about CB3:

I created a project and worked on it for a few hours, when I reopened it most of the work was gone :(

This must be user error - I understood that CB3 saves the project automatically. I even created a few Duplicated projects to avoid this happening. Am I doing something wrong?

The channels I was working on are still there, as well as the AUv3s (Drambo), but the sequences and modules in Drambo are gone/unsaved. This doesn't happen in AUM or BM3

Does this mean CB3 only saves AUv3 state if that unit has MIDI programmed for it?

Trying to get my head around this so I can avoid this scenario in future, thanks for any help :)

Hi @drewinnit,

Thanks for your message.

What happened exactly, when you reopened the app:

• Did it load with a different project?
    • Are you able to find your previous project in Media/Projects?

Normally, projects are auto-saved, so this should not happen.

Best,
    Lars

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@jscheel said:
    @LFS can I make a feature request? As a left-handed user, I find it very difficult to use the momentary controls on the left side of the piano roll, especially when using the Apple Pencil. Adding an option to switch those controls to the right side of the screen would be amazing.

Another lefty vote for this. That goes to all of you developers too.

And another lefty vote for this!
    Even better, get rid of the momentary control and have it ‘latching’ like in NS2 (or the option to switch between the two in the settings section).

• I encountered today a problem which I couldn’t solve... I exported a little midi file from the piano motifs app into Cubasis. I liked the slow pace of the piano but my project was at 174 so the piano motif was way too fast. Now my question: where is the option to slow down the midi files at half speed or something like this? Any insights?
    Grazie!