Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chomplr - MSXII Sound Design Is working on something new.

Comments

• Thanks for posting. Problem is, I don’t like being tied down to a certain or few genres.

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    It could use some work but I’m able to use it to create my own loops from the material. I was using it with Drambo to get loops and then load into Drambo. I do hope they end up updating with sample import but the samples are good and it provides a lot of material for resampling. It’s great for lofi material. Apologies for the lagginess and don’t mind the cpu, I’m on an air 1 still

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Thanks for posting. Problem is, I don’t like being tied down to a certain or few genres.

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    It could use some work but I’m able to use it to create my own loops from the material. I was using it with Drambo to get loops and then load into Drambo. I do hope they end up updating with sample import but the samples are good and it provides a lot of material for resampling. It’s great for lofi material. Apologies for the lagginess and don’t mind the cpu, I’m on an air 1 still

They did say sampling and importing will be coming but yeah, that’s just MSXII’s vibe. I think this was always geared more towards boom bap and lofi type stuff

• Gotcha, not truly familiar with the dev. Either way, with all the fx out there I’m sure I could butcher what they offer.

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    Thanks for posting. Problem is, I don’t like being tied down to a certain or few genres.

@Fingolfinzzz said:

They did say sampling and importing will be coming but yeah, that’s just MSXII’s vibe. I think this was always geared more towards boom bap and lofi type stuff

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Gotcha, not truly familiar with the dev. Either way, with all the fx out there I’m sure I could butcher what they offer.

Yeah that’s a big part of how I’m using it right now. It has a chromatic mode that lets me break away from the whole sample and I’ve been running all that through effects chains in aum and just recording newly created loops. I will say that the Elliott Garage slicing app sounds like it’s coming out in the next day or so so you may just want to wait for that to come out since it’s all about sampling and slicing with your own samples

• @Fingolfinzzz did someone indicate that sEGments is ready to drop? Didn't see that.

• edited June 2020

A few.

...and ‘certain daws’... so far AUM, NS2, BM3, Cubasis 3... pretty ‘certain’ it is all of them.

• edited June 2020

Last thing i need is to get hooked on a new feed of sample packs... but if sample import comes I expect I will jump in and probably end up buying the lot. Disappointing release for me, if I’m honest. Not quite the ‘BM3 sampler as AUv3’ that I was hoping for. I reckon it will do well though.

• A pitty Samplist isn’t AUv3...

• Ok. Bought and bought aLso 7 packs. Nasty bugs. Here is a short video.

Background audio enabled in standalone and also set latency to 1024 in both chomplr and aum.

IPad pro 12.9 2020 iOS 13.5.5

Boh.

• Video from YT removed after contacting the dev.

if you face the same bug pls report to them so they will look into fix this.

Thank You.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Video from YT removed after contacting the dev.

Thank You.

Its Audiokit, strap yourself in they will be looking in to a lot of fixes.

• @Charlesalbert said:

Thank You.

You can always post a video as unlisted on YouTube, which means that only those with a link can view. Maybe u did it like that anyway, but it is good to know for these situations, so worth mentioning here.

• @Gavinski said:

@Charlesalbert said:

Thank You.

You can always post a video as unlisted on YouTube, which means that only those with a link can view. Maybe u did it like that anyway, but it is good to know for these situations, so worth mentioning here.

Good tip @Gavinski. I didn't know about this. Next time I will do like this in order to not damage the dev (not my intention at all) and help the others that could face these bugs.

• In the past this would have been an AKAI format CD-ROM With pre-sliced loops and accompanying MIDI files.

I don’t see the problem. They’re a sound design company trying to sell their sounds.

• edited June 2020

@klownshed said:
    In the past this would have been an AKAI format CD-ROM With pre-sliced loops and accompanying MIDI files.

I don’t see the problem. They’re a sound design company trying to sell their sounds.

I think the confusion is because their previous two plugins (Fly Dirt and Fly Tape) tried to do something new on iOS.

This feels less ambitious - especially after what early teasers led us to believe, which we all thought would be an AUv3 slicing sampler.

Good luck to them, and I hope this introduces a new audience to their impressive sample library.

• edited June 2020

Bought to support!

Ok it’s buggy, crashy and showstoppery (beta testers?!?)

I wish he would something about the app size. 1,3GB is too ambitious for a little plugin with a handful of samples.

I hope this will get sample import.

Universal at some point

And zoomable in the waveforms to mark start and endpoint.

And the slider would be way(!!!) less responsive to even cut out a snare or so. (Something like a fine Tuning Mode we have on miRack or so)

Initial release 1.0 and way to go 💪🏼

• I was expecting something different and innovative form this dev. For now I'll pass.

• @david_2017 said:
    Bought to support!

Ok it’s buggy, crashy and showstoppery (beta testers?!?)

I wish he would something about the app size. 1,3GB is too ambitious for a little plugin with a handful of samples.

I hope this will get sample import.

Universal at some point

And zoomable in the waveforms to mark start and endpoint.

And the slider would be way(!!!) less responsive to even cut out a snare or so. (Something like a fine Tuning Mode we have on miRack or so)

Initial release 1.0 and way to go 💪🏼

I subscribed all.

• Yah that slider needs a fine tune mode for setting ranges, particularly given there is no time-stretching so to make stuff fit the tempo I want I have to slice things up finer.

@gusgranite said:
    Last thing i need is to get hooked on a new feed of sample packs... but if sample import comes I expect I will jump in and probably end up buying the lot. Disappointing release for me, if I’m honest. Not quite the ‘BM3 sampler as AUv3’ that I was hoping for. I reckon it will do well though.

The sample packs are cheap enough to be impulse buys and I do like to play with this retro modern cool beat boyee sound. The app feels like buying cheap comics as a kid and I enjoyed that well enough. Sample import would add nothing for me at this point as setting sample ranges is so clunky and the fx seem hard coded to an aesthetic that fits the library. sEGments is most probably going to be waaaay ahead of this in the AUv3 sampler department on release. So yah if you are not a fan of the sample library aesthetic, likely a very hard pass.

• @AudioGus said:
    Yah that slider needs a fine tune mode for setting ranges, particularly given there is no time-stretching so to make stuff fit the tempo I want I have to slice things up finer.

@gusgranite said:

The sample packs are cheap enough to be impulse buys and I do like to play with this retro modern cool beat boyee sound. The app feels like buying cheap comics as a kid and I enjoyed that well enough. Sample import would add nothing for me at this point as setting sample ranges is so clunky and the fx seem hard coded to an aesthetic that fits the library. sEGments is most probably going to be waaaay ahead of this in the AUv3 sampler department on release. So yah if you are not a fan of the sample library aesthetic, likely a very hard pass.

Toys vs professional.

By the way since I’m a compulsive buyer I’ve got almost all the packs but I feel like having koala AUv3 without all his import and slicing potential.

The background audio buzz you hear when switching apps actually kills me.

Can’t see actually a real daily usage (at least for my musical taste).

• edited June 2020

Yeah that slider needs to be fixed. I wish it would display a number of some sort as well to get a feel of how far I’ve moved it. It makes tuning and slicing a pain in the ass

• The second time I tried to do something with it (namely something like a track) and again it totally crashed and i heard a strange noise through the speaker until I killed AUM. All start endpoints gone and so on....
    Hmm 🤔 dont know if its useable atm. Needs some fixes and some more love

• @Charlesalbert said:

@AudioGus said:
    Yah that slider needs a fine tune mode for setting ranges, particularly given there is no time-stretching so to make stuff fit the tempo I want I have to slice things up finer.

@gusgranite said:

Toys vs professional.

By the way since I’m a compulsive buyer I’ve got almost all the packs but I feel like having koala AUv3 without all his import and slicing potential.

The background audio buzz you hear when switching apps actually kills me.

Can’t see actually a real daily usage (at least for my musical taste).

Oh yah, I will binge, live out my b-boy fantasies and move on, as usual.

• edited June 2020

@david_2017 said:
    The second time I tried to do something with it (namely something like a track) and again it totally crashed and i heard a strange noise through the speaker until I killed AUM. All start endpoints gone and so on....

Hmmm, I think my plan is to sample it straight into BM3, do extra BM3 chopping etc and then use sEGments in NS2.

• @AudioGus said:

@david_2017 said:
    The second time I tried to do something with it (namely something like a track) and again it totally crashed and i heard a strange noise through the speaker until I killed AUM. All start endpoints gone and so on....

Hmmm, I think my plan is to sample it straight into BM3, do extra BM3 chopping etc and then use sEGments in NS2.

A man with a plan. I think EG segment will be really really good. As a quick fix chompler will do :)

• Nice! You our agent in the Twitter Zone?

• @AudioGus said:

Nice! You our agent in the Twitter Zone?

Yup. Got some more love from the abyss

• @david_2017 said:

@AudioGus said:

Good work David! Could I get you to talk to the bank for me?

• @AudioGus said:

@david_2017 said:

@AudioGus said:

Good work David! Could I get you to talk to the bank for me?

Haha, anytime mate... just hold your phone up high and we do a Facebook Consulting for your Bank dude 👊🏼😂

• edited June 2020

Looks like Sample import is coming , and i love msx sound packs anyways so im on this like flies on ....