Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• sEGments, is it? Well alrighty.

• Come on, let us get our mits on it !

• sEGments..... Clever... Congrats.

• wow i’m pretty excited

• Hadn't seen this one before. Just watched a bunch of his WIP videos on twitter. Looks lovely.

Curious what this offers that other slicers don't? What are folks excited about?

• What’s with all the new slicers? Most of them bring nothing new at all to the table?
    Chomplr and this?

• I would love to see a comparable video to eg pulse tosee what the difference is between each and also eg pulse used along with segments to see the power that it can offer.

• awesome awesome. can’t wait

• Come to Butthead

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Come to Butthead

Lol

• Uh huh huh

• Yes, I'm pretty EGcited...ho, contest is over!

• Is it out?

• not that i know of. details are few and far between, but it sounds like maybe soon

• Only 6-10 pages to go of checking back on this thread to find out.

• This would be the app of the year. Epicity at the highest level🤘

• @auxmux said:
    Only 6-10 pages to go of checking back on this thread to find out.

if we are lucky

• @hypnopad said:

@hypnopad said:
    EG Segments

So close! Do I get an honorable mention?

(I also posted this in the original thread)

• @hypnopad said:

@hypnopad said:

@hypnopad said:
    EG Segments

So close! Do I get an honorable mention?

(I also posted this in the original thread)

If I recall correctly a few app codes were promised to The best few names selected by Elliot Garage.

• edited June 2020

This looks exactly like Samplist. Saying that though I think Samplist is IAA only.

• I’m after bm3 auv3 form

• @stormbeats said:
    This looks exactly like Samplist. Saying that though I think Samplist is IAA only.

I’d forgotten about that one, nice little app that. Just had a play with it - yes IAA only, but works nicely, think there may be a bit of a tight limit on sample length. Looking a bit unloved.

Be interested to see how the EG compares - looks like it has more features, and more up to date with AU.

• EG knows how to make samplers / slicers so this should be awesome!
    i wonder if you can resample to the same instance or even to a second instance like a sp 404

• Yes! I need to clear the taste of another app out of my mouth!

• Premiere video...

• BOOM! Ready!!!

• Yes, want, gimme gimme

• Here we are! sEGments slicer/sampler app is available for pre-order with an introductory price
    https://app.elliottgarage.com/segments

With sEGments slicer/sampler app you can import any loop/sample/audio file and find the best samples inside it, using the automatic transient detection or manually adding markers.
    You can play the slices with any MIDI external controller or with the builtin pads and keyboard layout; also each slice can be played chromatically as in a real synth with mono or polyphonic voices (up to 12).
    Each slice has independent parameters (all automatable in any AU host), such as reverse, level, attack, release, start point and length and individual fxs (reverb, delay, bitcrusher and filter) that can be changed on the fly thanks to its flexible audio engine.

sEGments automatically detect BPM and root key of your audio file and it can adjust its tempo and pitch according to your project settings.

It can be used both in standalone or hosted as AudioUnit AU3 inside apps like GarageBand, AUM, BeatMaker3, NanoStudio2, n-Track9 and others, and it supports AU Multi-output.

Features

• Stand-alone, AudioUnit, AudioUnit Multi-output & AudioUnit FX
    • Universal app for both your iPad & iPhone
    • MIDI in /MIDI out
    • AU3 multi-output
    • AU3 Fx to record samples from other apps
    • import your sample in multiple formats (wav, aiff, mp3, mov, caf, m4a)
    • Samples Drag & drop from File App or via airdrop from your Mac or other iOS devices
    • Up to 16 slices each one with individual parameters, ADSR and effects (delay, reverb, bit crusher and filter)
    • 6 triggering modes - one shot, gate, loop, ping pong, link, thru
    • BPM & Key detection
    • Record from device mic, usb audio devices or other apps
    • Transient detection
    • Transient beat division
    • Import/export presets
    • Open slices directly in EG Pulse
    • Support Apple loops transients recognition
    • Lazy chopping
    • Realtime time stretching and pitch shifting
    • Mono & polyphonic up to 12 voices
    • Downloadable sample pack by Soundtrack Loops