Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chomplr - MSXII Sound Design Is working on something new.

Comments

• edited June 2020

@tk32 said:
    i’m a little surprised none of the beta testers have come out to defend this app here on the forum.

I’m sure this app will still find an audience and make a ton of money - even without sample import - it’s just that that target audience is no longer me :(

I have too many reservations about the limits of this app, and I’m surprised these weren’t picked up during development/testing. Such as..

1. Is there really no sample import/export?
    2. Why is there no pad view/mode?
    3. Can it only load one waveform per instance of the plugin?
    4. If it’s a rompler there are probably limits on how much the sources can be ‘chomped’. for example, can I trim samples?
    5. Can I save presets?
    6. What is the RAM use like?
    7. What parameters can be automated?
    8. Can I change the release mode from one-shot to hold?
    9. Is that ‘Data’ fader the only way I cam modify parameters? what about precise values?
    10. Can I zoom the waveform? if so, will this change the range of the data slider to be more precise? (i.e. for selecting the slice start/end markers)
    11. Is it monophonic only?

It really is looking like it is probably an instant gratification kind of app with most effort probably going to the content / store / browsing / server end. Seems like it isn’t really targeted to progressive beatmaker types trying to innovate but rather people who just want to quickly ‘get that ‘Beats’ sound’ for making things like Youtube bumpers and ads and such or hobbiests who just want to get in one of those sleepy studying anime girl playlist stream thingies. But eh who knows, there is a whole social media disposable hits thing going on these days now so eh, wuhever, nothing wrong with that I suppose.

• I think the app is more oriented to help people when they are in beat blocking fase.
    It’s something similar to Output Arcade. And could grow to become Arcade on iOS.
    People might like it and some might don’t. The market is wide open for developers to bring in apps they feel might help all, or certain groups of music producers.
    Don’t understand why most people are angry🤣🤣.

• @Paa89 said:
    I think the app is more oriented to help people when they are in beat blocking fase.
    It’s something similar to Output Arcade. And could grow to become Arcade on iOS.
    People might like it and some might don’t. The market is wide open for developers to bring in apps they feel might help all, or certain groups of music producers.

Could be they feel the inadvertent sting of the olde ‘bait and switch’ because of what they assumed it was, but ultimately we get this and the forthcoming EG FTW. Maybe they were looking forward to a good olde fashioned Ab forum app war but alas...

• @Paa89 said:
    I think the app is more oriented to help people when they are in beat blocking fase.

Hmmm just checked out Output Arcade... very curious...

• Arcade looks awesome and is amazingly versatile. It’s maybe not for self-described sound designers, but you can manipulate sound pretty easily. If Chompler is THAT? Totally fine by me.

• @AudioGus said:

@Paa89 said:

Hmmm just checked out Output Arcade... very curious...

It’s a really useful tool to have.

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Arcade looks awesome and is amazingly versatile. It’s maybe not for self-described sound designers, but you can manipulate sound pretty easily. If Chompler is THAT? Totally fine by me.

Chomplr is quite close to that.
    Don’t know yet if we can also work with LFO, but I feel with some tweaks, the app could be Arade on iOS

• I’m all in for instant gratification 😛 I’m curious if this or Output Arcade transposes the loops you can purchase into the key of your choice? I’m assuming that it must do? Or else you are going to end up with a large pile of unrelated melodic material.
    My nostrils are starting to twitch.... I might leave these bins alone for a while and have a scamper down the High St to find out what is going on here.

• Longest review time in iOS apps history😂😂😂

• @robosardine said:
    I’m all in for instant gratification 😛 I’m curious if this or Output Arcade transposes the loops you can purchase into the key of your choice? I’m assuming that it must do? Or else you are going to end up with a large pile of unrelated melodic material.
    My nostrils are starting to twitch.... I might leave these bins alone for a while and have a scamper down the High St to find out what is going on here.

With Output Arcade, i know you can changes the preset to match the projects key (so basically transpose to project key).
    From the videos I’ve seen with Chomplr, looks like you can also tune the sample or chops to fit the project key.
    But output makes it easier, you directly choose the key in the vst, for example, C#min etc.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Longest review time in iOS apps history😂😂😂

I think the Bleass Shimmer Reverb is also stuck in there, as during Doug's preview it was also mentioned that it is during the approval process. Maybe some Mr. Muscolo is needed at apple's drain? :))

• @Paa89 said:

@robosardine said:
    I’m all in for instant gratification 😛 I’m curious if this or Output Arcade transposes the loops you can purchase into the key of your choice? I’m assuming that it must do? Or else you are going to end up with a large pile of unrelated melodic material.

With Output Arcade, i know you can changes the preset to match the projects key (so basically transpose to project key).
    From the videos I’ve seen with Chomplr, looks like you can also tune the sample or chops to fit the project key.
    But output makes it easier, you directly choose the key in the vst, for example, C#min etc.

That sounds promising. Is there an iOS vst equivalent for sending the signal through in order to select/change the key?

• ? So? What’s happen? I’m so curious🤘

• Word came down 90 minutes ago that it just got approved and is making its way to the App Store.

• @Empolo said:
    Word came down 90 minutes ago that it just got approved and is making its way to the App Store.

Cool. Let's see what all the hubbub is now :)

• Let’s wait😅

• So no sample import only store loops based?

• It’s out!

• Anyone get it yet and have an opinion on it?

• I've watched this gif for about six minutes straight, and I STILL can't tell if it has sample import.

(Ha. Kidding. It doesn't. But is it fun anyway?)

• It’s iPad only 😔

• Seems reasonably priced at $4.99 and all IAPs are $00.99 except one which is $1.99

• 1.3Gb...seems to have a lot of content

• Awesome, does the tuning go in cents?

• Elliott, we wait you!))

• @cuscolima said:
    1.3Gb...seems to have a lot of content

Stock library of over 150 original, award winning samples by MSXII Sound Design.

Those 150 samples are likely long 'mix-tapes' from which you can choose a part for chop-up or something.
    I guess we'll see some 'reviews' soon praising the content and how amazing everything is :D

• I don't see how this and EG Slicer can't co-exist; also, you can choose what to buy.

I'll get both. Just because it's not exactly what everyone "imagined", doesn't mean it should discounted.

You can't import samples into Novation and it's not AU. Just because there's a business model here that's similar, doesn't mean it's a bad app. Hell, it has AU.

• @Turok said:
    Elliott, we wait you!))

@Turok said:
    Elliott, we wait you!))

I’m gonna buy it but I’ll go all in for @ElliottGarage app for beloved samples import😍