Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TUTORIAL - Zenbeats SampleVerse and SFZ Files - Can They Be Friends?

I found a way to get some SFZ files working in Zenbeats that otherwise wouldn’t load. Enjoy!

Comments

• There are a gazillion (maybe more) soundfonts available as .sf2. They won’t load in Zenbeats. I’m not well-versed on the differences between .sf2 and .sfz files. Based on your tute, it might be fun to manipulate an .sf2 file and see whether we can get it to work. Four possibilities: 1) There’s absolutely no similarity between the two file types, so that would be a dead end. 2) Simply renaming an sf2 to sfz might do it, but very unlikely. 3) eliminating those lines in sf2 files. 4) some combination of the last two. I have an app that’s supposed to convert, but it crashes on loading an sf2.

... just speculating [grin]. It’s just that the sheer volume of sf2 files almost makes the effort worthwhile. Of course it would be even nicer if Zenbeats loaded sf2’s!

• Excellent Video!!!! Thanks for doing these!!!!

• @motmeister said:
    There are a gazillion (maybe more) soundfonts available as .sf2. They won’t load in Zenbeats. I’m not well-versed on the differences between .sf2 and .sfz files. Based on your tute, it might be fun to manipulate an .sf2 file and see whether we can get it to work. Four possibilities: 1) There’s absolutely no similarity between the two file types, so that would be a dead end. 2) Simply renaming an sf2 to sfz might do it, but very unlikely. 3) eliminating those lines in sf2 files. 4) some combination of the last two. I have an app that’s supposed to convert, but it crashes on loading an sf2.

... just speculating [grin]. It’s just that the sheer volume of sf2 files almost makes the effort worthwhile. Of course it would be even nicer if Zenbeats loaded sf2’s!

The only converters I’ve seen are on desktop. Plogue sfzorzando will convert SF2 to SFZ. I’m not sure all SFZ files will load correctly into ZB. The one I used was pretty basic. I’ll look into it a little more but I’m probably going to focus more on other aspects of SampleVerse. Thanks for watching!

• @onerez said:
    Excellent Video!!!! Thanks for doing these!!!!

Thanks pal! 😎👍🏼

• edited June 2020

ouf Zenbeats calling for me more and more, @anickt thnx!

• I’ve never dug into sfz’s much before, but I can see the value of using them. Thank you @anickt!

• @Sawiton @noob @motmeister @onerez

I’ve been investigating some more. Whether this works depends a lot on how “simple” the SFZ is. Some files require essentially re-building the folder structure. Not difficult but may be too tedious for some. The method I show is worth a try if the SFZ instrument is made up of a single SFZ file and a folder of associated samples like the Mellotron example I showed.

You may also find an SFZ instrument with several SFZ files and a folder full of multiple samples. By looking at the SFZ files you can figure out what the associated samples are and throw them all into one folder. Sometimes that will work. It’s an interesting experiment.

Whether or not it’s worth the effort is up to the user! 😎👍🏼