Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chomplr - MSXII Sound Design Is working on something new.

Comments

• Can I beta test the app? I can pre-order if you want. I will snap buy it.

• Home stretch for days😂😂😂

• Cue the Charlie Brown Music.

• Ahh so amount the turn of the month

• I had just been thinking about this - wondering which one would be first past the post and steal a march, hopefully they will both land on all four cylinders and fire on all four feet.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Charlesalbert
    Hope you're right, new app for the weekend would be sweet

• DCJDCJ
    edited June 2020

I was just informed that you cannot load your own samples in Chomplr. I could not believe it, so I took a look at the manual.

If this is true, this is the absolute most absurd move for an app like this. I am also realizing that they've never called it a sampler, so silly me for assuming you could load samples right?

I know we're supposed to just ignore the apps we don't like, but I think it's important to express disappointment so that developers know what people are looking for. If there are only a few voices then so be it. But how many of us would rather import our own samples? This feels like its intentionally locked off so that people buy sample packs. So be it. I should be relieved that there is one less app to spend money on.

Is there anyone on beta who can tell me that I've gotten it completely wrong? I would love that.

• @DCJ said:
    I was just informed that you cannot load your own samples in Chomplr. I could not believe it, so I took a look at the manual.

If this is true, this is the absolute most absurd move for an app like this. I am also realizing that they've never called it a sampler, so silly me for assuming you could load samples right?

I know we're supposed to just ignore the apps we don't like, but I think it's important to express disappointment so that developers know what people are looking for. If there are only a few voices then so be it. But how many of us would rather import our own samples? This feels like its intentionally locked off so that people buy sample packs. So be it. I should be relieved that there is one less app to spend money on.

Is there anyone on beta who can tell me that I've gotten it completely wrong? I would love that.

Consider me deflated.

• @DCJ said:

Thanks for sharing. Off the list and waiting patiently for EG Slicer (or whatever it’s going to be called)

• @DCJ said:

Where did you find the manual?
    If it doesn't allow chopping user samples it'll just be another over hyped content store
    (I'd love to be proven wrong here and that there is a fully blown sampler under the hood)..

MSXAudio creates quality content for certain genres that do not appeal to me at all...

• @gusgranite said:

@DCJ said:

Consider me deflated.

😂
    The Chompler has just become the nibbler.

• @Samu said:

@DCJ said:

Where did you find the manual?
    If it doesn't allow chopping user samples it'll just be another over hyped content store
    (I'd love to be proven wrong here and that there is a fully blown sampler under the hood)..

MSXAudio creates quality content for certain genres that do not appeal to me at all...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylpqlt2hm21176t/Chomplr Manual (final).pdf?dl=0

• Beatmakers, they want quick fix, not flexibility, this is probably a good idea for the type of users that will be buying this.

• @Turntablist said:
    Beatmakers, they want quick fix, not flexibility, this is probably a good idea for the type of users that will be buying this.

Most likely yes and considering that the developer is selling and licensing sound packs it only makes sense to further promote the content store and provide a tool to use the content with...

• How much do you actually lose by allowing users to import their own samples? If these beatmakers (as people like to refer to them) only use pre-made loops, are they worried they're going to discover using their own samples all of the sudden and stop spending money in the store? Do they think people who like to use their own samples are gonna just throw up their hands and buy the app and start buying loops? As if this app is their only choice? Do they think the people who use both pre-made loops and also like to import samples are gonna hurt their bottom line? If they use both they use both. This move lacks consideration and imagination. Having something that acts like a sampler actually sample is not going to hurt their bottom line. IMO this is actually an extremely shortsighted and bad business move.

• It might be possible to do drag'n'drop of user samples and then use the data slider to detect transients but no mention in the manual so we'll have to wait and see.

But it could might as well, be, meh I'll pass this one...

• Its probably simple as dragging and dropping to import own samples - I cannot believe this wont be possible. There is no reason to release it otherwise.

• @david_2017 said:
    Its probably simple as dragging and dropping to import own samples - I cannot believe this wont be possible. There is no reason to release it otherwise.

Yes there is, and that is to sell factory content to 'producers' who want the same sounds as everyone else or some back beats with some 808s and machine-gun hats to mumble to... :D

• They keep referring to it as a rompler on the webpage, and there is NO indication of user samples anywhere. I think it’s a major oversight.

• Unless it’s free and they’re going to monetise from iap packs...

• DCJDCJ
    edited June 2020

@Krupa said:
    Unless it’s free and they’re going to monetise from iap packs...

That would be annoying as hell but makes waaay more sense.

But they could also charge an IAP for sample import. Win win?

• edited June 2020

They’re probably taking a page out of the Ampify playbook. I am sure Import Samples will be available via an IAP as it is in BlocsWave, LaunchPad and other such Sampled based apps.

We should wait until it’s released to see what features it actually offers. If it’s free what’s the risk of trying it?

• There’s an enormous volume of sample packs available from 100’s of sources. The buyer market must be huge because the number of sources for samples and sample packs has increased dramatically over the years.

So if this is considered a sample library with a cool player/editor app attached to it in iOS format isn’t it another version of what’s been out there for years only on a mobile device like some of the apps mentioned in previous posts?

People do buy this kind of thing. Not everyone’s a gear head like many who frequent this forum.

😎✌🏼

• @echoopera said:
    They’re probably taking a page out of the Ampify playbook. I am sure Import Samples will be available via an IAP as it is in BlocsWave, LaunchPad and other such Sampled based apps.

We should wait until it’s released to see what features it actually offers. If it’s free what’s the risk of trying it?

This kind of reasonable, measured response is NOT how Twitter works, sir. You're not even holding a pitchfork!

• Yah I think this says more about app store economics than 'Beatmakers' who I think typically want to chop up their sound sources. It would have to have some pretty insanely good fx for me to even consider it as is. Plenty of huge/awesome online sample libraries these days to compete with.