Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

||OT|| I discovered CBD hemp bud

edited June 2020 in Other

Oh the nostalgia. The smell and taste is the same. It’s been 9 years since I quit smoking so this is a nice treat. Pot was truly fucking with my PTSD in the past. The high was more intense compared to when I was a teen plus other variables I’m sure.

Also, picked up some Kratom. I’ve read some mixed reviews on it. Wanted to see if anyone here has some feedback.

Now to Woott the fuck out of some noise

Comments

• After testing the bud out, I felt great. Some of my chronic pain subsided and I was in a great mood.

Hopefully, it doesn’t take any intensity away from my music 😉

• edited June 2020

CBD is fantastic. I use it in oil form and it definitely helps me a lot at times, with different issues. I use it three times a week or so now when I want to just chill and heal or settle my stress down, not as much now that I don’t commute.

Yah THC smoke is not for me, the onset is way too fast and it messes with my head way too much. THC oil tinctures though are nice and slow to come on which to me really cuts down on the crazies and totally removed the habit forming part for me, which is great. It is more ‘take it or leave it’ now without the douchey dopefiend part. The whole inhalation / instant world transformation thing is too messed up now, nope not a fan anymore. It was fun for excitement and tripping out but... yah better shut up before I convince myself to try it again, hehe.

• edited June 2020

My thoughts exactly. I used the oils and the lotions before on pain but it didn’t work the way I needed it to.

Great that it helped you. If I can find a natural way to end the daily onslaught of pain and anxiety, it’d be fucking great.

@AudioGus said:
    CBD is fantastic. I use it in oil form and it definitely helps me a lot at times, with different issues. I use it three times a week or so now when I want to just chill and heal or settle my stress down, not as much now that I don’t commute.

Yah THC smoke is not for me, the onset is way too fast and it messes with my head way too much. THC tinctures though are nice and slow to come on which to me really cuts down on the crazies and totally removed the habit forming part for me, which is great. It is more ‘take it or leave it’ now without the douchey dopefiend part. The whole inhalation / instant world transformation thing is too messed up now, nope not a fan anymore. It was fun for excitement and tripping out but... yah better shut up before I convince myself to try it again, hehe.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    My thoughts exactly. I used the oils and the lotions before on pain but it didn’t work the way I needed it to.

Great that it helped you. If I can find a natural way to end the daily onslaught of pain and anxiety, it’d be fucking great.

@AudioGus said:

Yah THC smoke is not for me, the onset is way too fast and it messes with my head way too much. THC tinctures though are nice and slow to come on which to me really cuts down on the crazies and totally removed the habit forming part for me, which is great. It is more ‘take it or leave it’ now without the douchey dopefiend part. The whole inhalation / instant world transformation thing is too messed up now, nope not a fan anymore. It was fun for excitement and tripping out but... yah better shut up before I convince myself to try it again, hehe.

Sounds interesting would it help arthuritic pain?

• I use cbd oil and cream as well for arthritis and it does help me. I use the theramu brand.

@iOSTRAKON Im not sure what the cbd hemp bud is, or kratom- can you expand on that?

I do know that with my activity being more limited since the quarantine my arthritis is definitely more prominent than it was 6 months ago.

• Oh and I did use Kratom for a bit after I had an appendix rupture. Definitely worked well for pain but dayum I got constipated. I never got addicted because it feels too good to take a nice dump.

• @iOSTRAKON said:

Yah I juts use the oil orally. Tried a lotion once but didn’t seem to do anything.

• I vape but reduced to a few vapes now and again. Just for piece of mind. Not really getting full health benefits. Health wise ACV works better. Sinus I think ( or a blockage somewhere )

First couple weeks on cbd I played horizon zero dawn. It was much stronger and I thought Id have to adjust lifestyle to getting wrecked every evening but as it passed I decided to reduce vape. Maybe I was just wanting to get wrecked more but not to where my life falls to bits. Wish I was 20 again though but IOS would be crap.

• @Toastedghost said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

@AudioGus said:

Sounds interesting would it help arthuritic pain?

I have heard mixed reviews with CBD for arthritic pain but jeez people in my family are nutty about DMSO for arthritis. https://www.rxlist.com/dmso_dimethylsulfoxide/supplements.htm

• Zero dawn was like drunk driving. Was it drunk driving or was I actually better ( like a limited-limitless ) Not sure. All I know is sometimes Id fall off a cliff or hill and be a bit confused as to where I was or what angle I was. Nothing mega intense though.

• Not to sound miserable but I also only try make tracks when I well enough. So any future track might not be the full me but people are more ill so you have to be grateful.

• edited June 2020

@sigma79 said:
    I vape but reduced to a few vapes now and again. Just for piece of mind. Not really getting full health benefits. Health wise ACV works better. Sinus I think ( or a blockage somewhere )

First couple weeks on cbd I played horizon zero dawn. It was much stronger and I thought Id have to adjust lifestyle to getting wrecked every evening but as it passed I decided to reduce vape. Maybe I was just wanting to get wrecked more but not to where my life falls to bits. Wish I was 20 again though but IOS would be crap.

Yah, life falling to bits is not good. The older I get the more honest I have to be about my emotions and how I effect the people around me. Is it worth being a grumpy prick the next day? Eh. Probably not. Now on potential ‘down days’ I really just try to be mindful of what I am thinking / saying and why (What am I responsible for here in this moment?) and just try to honestly observe my own internal cause and effect before emitting too much into the outside world. (Ok... rambling/projecting much? Hehe). Yah let the good times roll but be sure to skip a day or two or three just for good measure! ;)

• @AudioGus said:

@sigma79 said:
    I vape but reduced to a few vapes now and again. Just for piece of mind. Not really getting full health benefits. Health wise ACV works better. Sinus I think ( or a blockage somewhere )

Yah, life falling to bits is not good. The older I get the more honest I have to be about my emotions and how I effect the people around me. Is it worth being a grumpy prick the next day? Eh. Probably not. Now on potential ‘down days’ I really just try to be mindful of what I am thinking / saying and why (What am I responsible for here in this moment?) and just try to honestly observe my own internal cause and effect before emitting too much into the outside world. (Ok... rambling/projecting much? Hehe). Yah let the good times roll but be sure to skip a day or two or three just for good measure! ;)

Stay sane bro.

Thanks.

• wimwim
    edited June 2020

I have a form of arthritis of the spine, and have had good results with CBD cream for neck pain. I used to begin developing pain in my neck and shoulders about halfway into the night and it would increase from there until the morning. Needless to say, I wasn't sleeping well. I sleep through the night now and am just moderately stiff or have a little pain in the morning.

My wife plays harp and starts to get tendonitis when she overdoes it. She has good luck with the CBD cream too, but also with Blue Emu.

My arthritis isn't the typical arthritis that people get in their hands and stuff, but the CBD helps for the pain and inflammation for me for sure.

• @wim said:
    I have a form of arthritis of the spine, and have had good results with CBD cream for neck pain. I used to begin developing pain in my neck and shoulders about halfway into the night and it would increase from there until the morning. Needless to say, I wasn't sleeping well. I sleep through the night now and am just moderately stiff or have a little pain in the morning.

My wife plays harp and starts to get tendonitis when she overdoes it. She has good luck with the CBD cream too, but also with Blue Emu.

My arthritis isn't the typical arthritis that people get in their hands and stuff, but the CBD helps for the pain and inflammation for me for sure.

Thanks Wim. Its getting beyond a joke now. In feet, knees, hip and hands. CBD spray seemed to help a little, also had CBD in rum that was fun.

• Blu Emu is good stuff too. Odorless, doesn't leave behind noticeable residue, and has that nice cooling effect immediately.

• What is CBD hemp. I was thing weed you bought in the Central Business District. That's what CBD means anyway.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kratom is a wonderful plant, like anything it can be abused. Great for pain. Don’t buy from gas stations or smoke shops or you will pay too much for garbage.

• I like CBD, I used to get the sublingual oil for a while but now that I can get legal bud, I usually try and get a strain that has a nice balance of thc and cbd. I get a much more mellow high from it and it’s nice for my anxiety. The edibles with both are great too

• edited June 2020

@wim said:

Do you have ankylosing spondylitis? That was suspected in me for a while but psoriatic arthritis fit better as a diagnosis.

CBD definitely helps my pain, although I gave a friend the remainder of my theramu cream, I have to get more.

I haven’t heard of Kratom, I just looked it up and the side effects reported are not for me, but I’ll keep my eye on it.

• @mrufino1 said:
    Do you have ankylosing spondylitis? That was suspected in me for a while but psoriatic arthritis fit better as a diagnosis.

yeh. Mostly just manifests as soreness when I don't move enough ... like during sleep. ;)

• Be careful with Kratom. I was addicted to it for 4 years. The withdrawals wore terrible and could be compared to opioid withdrawal from my understanding. Not saying it would happen to you but I certainly underestimated it’s potential for abuse. It was a sneaky one. I went from occasional use to taking it all day from the moment I woke up till a dose right before bed to be able to sleep through the night. Maybe you’ll be responsible I don’t know. Please check out the r/quittingkratom subreddit before you dive in.

• Like @AudioGus I couldn’t fade weed at all the last few times I tried it. Early pot was awesome because it did make music more of an experience (just makes you concentrate like a laser on the sounds so you “feel” like time has slowed and you “hear” everything better). After awhile, like everything not done in moderation, pot became too heavy, especially the newer strains and extreme potency. I first smoked in like 1995 and stopped around 1998 and didn’t try anymore until 2007.

The “basic” shit by then looked like the stuff on the cover of High Times in the early 90’s! It was just so powerful, much more like a hallucinogen than a depressant. I had some awful anxiety and existential dread off of it and just haven’t smoked any since at least 2008. Here in Vegas there’s pot “dispensaries “ in strip malls all over the place. I wouldn’t of thought it would happen 20 years ago, but it’s everywhere and sorry, I could care less. If you dig it, enjoy. Me? Nah man nah. CBD sounds interesting because it supposedly doesn’t get you high, but I don’t know if it will bug me out or not...so I just leave it.

While I’m live and let live with weed, kratom is a different story. It’s main psychoactive ingredients are mitragynine and 7-HMG, both act as opiate agonists in the brain. While some don’t get addicted, if you’re prone to addiction kratom will quickly turn into a problem. A few buddies of mine who got clean from alcohol & pain meds started fucking with it and it turned them inside out for several years. Because it’s not a traditional opioid people don’t see it as a big danger. And it gets a lot of attention online for being a treatment for opiate addiction when it’s just not as effective as Methadone or Suboxone as a maintenance therapy. It’s potency is hard to determine and it isn’t controlled in a therapeutic environment.

Sorry, don’t want to get on a soapbox, it’s just I’ve worked in co-occurring condition treatment centers for mental illness coupled with addiction and I respect the cats on this forum. I just don’t want @iOSTRAKON to get caught up in some bullshit...but we’re all adults with free will, be careful gang.

• @iOSTRAKON you probably had some high test Sativa. Its all about the type, (Indica/Sativa/Hybrid) and which terpenes are present. I bet you could find a nice indica with low levels of THC, and High CBD in a flower or cartridge at a dispensary, that could Possibly help you. I’m not saying it will definitely work for you, everybody is different but some exploration into finding the right strain my be worth a try. Leafly and Weedmaps both have great information. Finding the best strain to treat your symptoms can be tedious, but after you find a few, it can be really beneficial.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @iOSTRAKON you probably had some high test Sativa. Its all about the type, (Indica/Sativa/Hybrid) and which terpenes are present. I bet you could find a nice indica with low levels of THC, and High CBD in a flower or cartridge at a dispensary, that could Possibly help you. I’m not saying it will definitely work for you, everybody is different but some exploration into finding the right strain my be worth a try. Leafly and Weedmaps both have great information. Finding the best strain to treat your symptoms can be tedious, but after you find a few, it can be really beneficial.

Yah that is what is nice about legal production, you know what you are getting. I got a nice indica THC oil from Justin Trudeau and it just perfect. The sativa THC gummies I tried are ok but they spin me out into weirdo land too much. The nice thing with having both a CBD and a THC tincture is if I miscalculate on the THC, a few drops of CBD and I can dial it in to get the balance right. This whole thing is soooo different than the freaky deaky random weed thing of old.

• Wait till y’all find out about Delta 8 THC

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Wait till y’all find out about Delta 8 THC

I can’t seem to find any legit sources but am interested to try it.

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Wait till y’all find out about Delta 8 THC

Joe Rogan. ? 😂

• I barely have experience with CBD. I got a gummy pack one time, but accidentally got one with melatonin. So, all I can say is I definitely fall asleep and I seem to sleep better than with melatonin alone.

On Kratom, I took it daily for over a year back in 2010 before they took it off the US market temporarily. I never had a problem with the constipation mentioned above. I quit cold turkey and I think I barely felt a little off for one day, but there is no way to validate it was related to this or not and it was very mild. So, I guess my point is maybe it‘s not quite as addictive as people say, though I did have some friends way back in the day that used to use Kratom to stop their opiate withdrawals. So, I‘m sure if it uses the same receptors as those there could be some risk. I just never experienced it myself using only Kratom and not opiates.