Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

He's Gone Beserk! Another Zenbeats Tutorial!!

edited May 2020 in App Tips and Tricks

This tutorial shows how to record MIDI from Bram Bos Rozeta Bassline to the timeline in Roland Zenbeats, runs through some of the Zenbeats Drum Machine features and shows how to record and access multiple MIDI takes from Bassline but applicable to any MIDI or Audio input.

Comments

• Wow.Keep 'em coming.Thanks

• Wondering if maybe you could show how to assign midi cc's to external controllers inside Zenbeats

• Good Job!!!

• @Sergiu @onerez Thanks!

I’ll look at doing something on assigning MIDI controllers. Probably be a week before I do another video.

• dammit u got my attention.. downloading

• @anickt In case you need more ideas for videos, sampling and re-sampling could be a topic?
    (Ie. how easy is it to 'sample' AUv3s and other sources and then use the resulting recordings as 'instruments'(SampleVerse & Drumkit?).

I guess the freebie period will extend for quite some time...

• this is a great video / walk thru. hopefully people will see how quick and easy it is to get around ZB from watching this... i’ve heard people say it’s hard to navigate but really it’s quite simple once you spend a little time understanding it, as with any app. subscribed !

• HUUZAH! SUNDAY MEAT!

• Thanks everyone! I appreciate your input!

• Very helpful indeed. This is a great feature, thanks for highlighting, will get me to use Zen Beats. Subscribed too!

• @auxmux said:
    Very helpful indeed. This is a great feature, thanks for highlighting, will get me to use Zen Beats. Subscribed too!

Thanks! 😎👍🏼

• Finally downloaded Zenbeats Anick. I had to switch app stores to do so, seems it isn't available in all app store locations. It will take me quite a while to get round to it, but when I do, I'll be checking these out for sure, cheers man.

• I was asking in the forum for a sequencer to use in AUM, @wim and @rs2000 recommended Zenbeats. Didn’t even know it existed. Boy, am I impressed. It might be the “heat of the moment” but “it’s really got me” (see what it’s doing to me?).
    I’m officially a fan. Who do I follow?. Who are the Zenfreaks?. Where do I find more info?. Is there a community or a cult I should join?.

@tahiche said:
    Ok, I’m impressed. @wim, Zenbeat kicks ass. The thing is beautifully ugly. It looks like an 80s sci-fi movie. Your first impression is “this is a toy”, but no sir. It’s seriously well made. Had to search around for a couple of more “advanced” features, but you are basically rolling from the start. Unlike BM3 which is not near as intuitive and a lot more cumbersome to navigate (Modtsep is its own category in over complicated).
    It’s got BIG buttons!. The piano roll and step sequencer actually respond, it’s got handlebars and velocity easily accesible. You can loop-record into takes. Automation is a breeze. The segmentation and looping, everything makes sense.
    It’s got a clip mode to compose and a song mode to arrange.
    This app is definitely overlooked and/or underrated. What a discovery!.

Why am I searching for a sequencer in AUM?.
    It’s hard to explain but with DAWs like BM3 you sort of feel like things are not “flowing”. Like your iPad is about to choke. It’s probably psychological but BM3 (or Modstep) don’t feel like “touch me, I won’t break”. I mentioned it when I started this post, SAMPLR has that attitude. It screams “touch me”. Zenbeats fits this category. It’s not AUM, it’s not as modular or immediate, but I think I’m gonna give It a serious try, specially to see if it’s stable and how much it can take )it’s even got a Freeze function!!) .
    One thing that I’m puzzled about with Zenbeats is the audio looping... the time stretching is magical. Does this work with any loop or the ones in the library are a special format?. I’m gonna have to investigate, because the elastic audio or whatever you call it is stellar in this app.
    And I’m not even considering the instruments and sounds included, which being Roland are probably not shabby.
    Anyone reading this, if you haven’t done so, download Zenbeats right now and give it a try. Did I mention it’s free?.

• @Samu said:
    @anickt In case you need more ideas for videos, sampling and re-sampling could be a topic?
    (Ie. how easy is it to 'sample' AUv3s and other sources and then use the resulting recordings as 'instruments'(SampleVerse & Drumkit?).

Is it easy?.

• @tahiche said:

@Samu said:
    @anickt In case you need more ideas for videos, sampling and re-sampling could be a topic?

Is it easy?.

I’m finishing up a video on audio tracks. Probably will post some time today.

• @anickt said

Great!!. Are you gonna include looping/time stretching to adapt to tempo?. I’m impressed with how well it works and haven’t found much info on the matter.

• @tahiche said:

@anickt said

Great!!. Are you gonna include looping/time stretching to adapt to tempo?. I’m impressed with how well it works and haven’t found much info on the matter.

Yes that’s a big part of the video.

• ok im all over this

• @anickt
    This is an excellent video. I'm now thinking of downloading.

Your voice and presentation reminds me of Data from Star Trek: TNG. You are our favorite character in our house. Clear, precise and funny. You have a future in broadcasting.

• Really love your tutorial videos! Thanks!❤️❤️❤️

• Thanks everyone! 🙏 Audio Tracks video some time today.

@kinkujin 😆 Data is a favorite around here as well!

• Yes, this was impressive.
    Very professional and well done.
    Your voice reminds me of that Fabfilter guy!

• @tja said:
    Yes, this was impressive.
    Very professional and well done.
    Your voice reminds me of that Fabfilter guy!

🙏✌🏼

• @anickt Thank you sooooo much for this video! It got me over several WTF!?! humps and basically opened the app right up.

• @syrupcore said:
    @anickt Thank you sooooo much for this video! It got me over several WTF!?! humps and basically opened the app right up.

Glad to help!