Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

miRack by mifki Limited - Live!!!

Comments

• Those modules look sweeeeeeeeet.

• edited June 2020

@Paulinko said:

@HolonicSystems said:

@dendy said:
    @HolonicSystems

i think his is patschstorage.com job... i uploaded there just *.mrk file, but patchstorage from some reasons packs it to zip file...

Hmm if I share patches directly form miRack/iPad via email to people they always arrive as xyz.mrk.zip :/

I‘ll speculate this is because the *.mfk files aren’t just individual files, they actually have a folder structure to them, so the OS automatically converts them to a zip file for this reason?

For example, a *.mrk file stored in AudioShare reveals it’s a folder with three files inside of it:

1. info.plist
    2. patch.vcv
    3. preview.png

aahok then it makes sense..when you try upload folder from you device (via some website "browse" button), iOS automatically zips folder (because that browse file web button supports just single file upload)

that is actually pretty smart :) without this it will be not possible to upload such folder-like patch to patchstorage directly from device

• Oh yeah those modules look sweet

• @mifki I just want to thank you for putting the effort in to making MiRack AUv3. No small undertaking by all accounts. 👍

• @dendy said:

@Paulinko said:

@HolonicSystems said:

@dendy said:
    @HolonicSystems

i think his is patschstorage.com job... i uploaded there just *.mrk file, but patchstorage from some reasons packs it to zip file...

Hmm if I share patches directly form miRack/iPad via email to people they always arrive as xyz.mrk.zip :/

I‘ll speculate this is because the *.mfk files aren’t just individual files, they actually have a folder structure to them, so the OS automatically converts them to a zip file for this reason?

For example, a *.mrk file stored in AudioShare reveals it’s a folder with three files inside of it:

1. info.plist
    2. patch.vcv
    3. preview.png

aahok then it makes sense..when you try upload folder from you device (via some website "browse" button), iOS automatically zips folder (because that browse file web button supports just single file upload)

that is actually pretty smart :) without this it will be not possible to upload such folder-like patch to patchstorage directly from device

The problem is that in some cases (depending whether you email a patch, airdrop it, upload, etc.) iOS zips and names it xyz.mrk.zip and in some cases it zips and leaves the name name xyz.mrk. I implemented loading of such zipped .mrk files long time ago, but the inconsistent behaviour is annoying. I'm planning to change format for patches to be a single file instead of a folder to get rid of this mess.

• @mifki Sorry if I sound pushy but I have to ask if there is any ETA on enabling miRack AUv3 support on macOS even if it only works in GarageBand and Logic Pro X?

• I love it to use it as an AU plugin effect with mutable modules. So cool, so easy and 😎

• @david_2017 said:
    I love it to use it as an AU plugin effect with mutable modules. So cool, so easy and 😎

I'm having a blast with the NYSTHI SAM module and mapping different notes to trigger different phrases :)

• That is going to be great to get these new uns. A few filters that look choice. Drool. Great work @mifki

• Oh wow if this worked in Reaper that would be amazing... I mean it is amazing now. Different amazing. More amazing. Amazinger...

• @cian said:
    Oh wow if this worked in Reaper that would be amazing... I mean it is amazing now. Different amazing. More amazing. Amazinger...

Okay.

• @mifki said:

@cian said:
    Oh wow if this worked in Reaper that would be amazing... I mean it is amazing now. Different amazing. More amazing. Amazinger...

Okay.

Oof, time to boot that Mac :)

• @Krupa said:

It (AU in Mac version) is not public yet.

• @mifki said:

@Krupa said:

It (AU in Mac version) is not public yet.

👍 actually I think my old Pro is still stuck just before Catalina, so might have to look for some sort of gnarly hack :)

• Oh yes!

• ripplemaker . ++
  • @mifki said:

@dendy said:

@Paulinko said:

@HolonicSystems said:

@dendy said:
    @HolonicSystems

1. info.plist
    2. patch.vcv
    3. preview.png

The problem is that in some cases (depending whether you email a patch, airdrop it, upload, etc.) iOS zips and names it xyz.mrk.zip and in some cases it zips and leaves the name name xyz.mrk. I implemented loading of such zipped .mrk files long time ago, but the inconsistent behaviour is annoying. I'm planning to change format for patches to be a single file instead of a folder to get rid of this mess.

Ah that's why I thought Airdrop was just sending an .mrk! Thanks to all who discussed this and especially @mifki doing amazing work constantly!

• My goth, this is shaping up so nicely, luv it.
    I have a question, am I missing something, I can copy and paste preset, but is there a way to save preset for a module. I use miRack with hardware (es-9) and am calibrating oscillator with nysthi tunathor, and it would be great to be able to save calibrations for each oscillator.
    Bobb

• @bobbfett said:
    My goth, this is shaping up so nicely, luv it.
    I have a question, am I missing something, I can copy and paste preset, but is there a way to save preset for a module. I use miRack with hardware (es-9) and am calibrating oscillator with nysthi tunathor, and it would be great to be able to save calibrations for each oscillator.
    Bobb

Yes and no. There's no built-in preset management yet, but when you do "Copy Preset", it actually just copies to clipboard as text. You can save it somewhere outside the app and reuse.

• Oh, great, I will try that, and thank you for the reply.
    Bobb

• edited June 2020

I fixed some issues and have a new build of miRack for macOS with AU. I thought I'd post here instead of sending to individual people. I'll remove the link after some time once this build is obsolete. Available on the Mac App Store now.

Works in GB, Logic, Ju-X Hosting AU, and surprisingly, Reaper (thanks @cian for asking about it). Other DAWs don't seem to support this kind of AUs.

Let me know if after you install and run the app once, the AU doesn't appear in your DAW (or doesn't validate in case of Logic).

The AU window is not resizable and the behaviour is the worst in Logic, not sure this can be fixed when using Catalyst. Also in Logic, miRack engine doesn't start until you start playback for the first time.
    And Ableton Link doesn't work in AU because hosts don't provide the required info; I'll see what I can do about it.

• edited June 2020

@mifky Logic stays stucked with "scanning plugins" - but when o choose "abort" it starts and apart from window resizing issue you mentioned everything else works just fine ..

• Anyone else tried?:)

• @mifki said:
    Anyone else tried?:)

Got it open in logic. I didn’t put it through it’s paces yet so I can’t speak to performance. It showed in ableton but I wasn’t able to get it to open at all there.

• @SmoothSailingMusic said:

@mifki said:

Got it open in logic. I didn’t put it through it’s paces yet so I can’t speak to performance. It showed in ableton but I wasn’t able to get it to open at all there.

Yeah, no support from Ableton at this point it seems. Did it hang on start in Logic for you like on the screenshot above?

• edited June 2020

@mifki any chance of a vst2 or vst3 version for us windows users ? Just curious. Might make it work on Ableton on Mac too.

• That’s much more work (i.e. it doesn’t come for free like mac au did after ios auv3), I don’t know at this point.

• @mifki said:

when might we see these beauts ? 😎

• @Jocphone said:
    My memory isn't what it used to be, so I was wondering whether it would be possible to have text search for module name and description?

The tags view helps a bit but I find that there are many modules that haven't been tagged correctly.

That's my only issue currently. Everything else is working brilliantly for me.

@mifki just bumping this question as I'm not sure whether it got missed at the time?

• @mifki said:

@SmoothSailingMusic said:

@mifki said:

Yeah, no support from Ableton at this point it seems. Did it hang on start in Logic for you like on the screenshot above?

Nope! Didn’t hang on start in logic.