Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Positive Grid strikes again with their sneaky customer price traps!

Ok im new here but.....i ve been popping in and out..

i cant log into Positive Grids own forum at all, i had fixed this issue with them a month ago and should be able to if i have a have a tone cloud account...but i can save this story for another day.

What i wanted to ask here is if anyone purchased the Elite version of Bias FX 2 ios or padOS can open older presets from Bias fx 1 ios, because i had Bias FX and the new version 2 can not read the older presets (ios PadOS versions only)

There are videos on you tube of people showing hacks to get their presets from v1 to v2 but they did this on a PC, no one has yet come forward confirming anything on a iPad or iPhone.., i use this app allot with Audio bus, Cubasis etc...i was hoping someone here could share their experiences.

Comments

• all solved, Apple refunded me my money

• Apple: 1

"Positive Greed:" 0

• I am no fan of that company at all, but what is it that you’re calling a price trap? Is it that the new version can’t read the old presets? Maybe I missed something.

• So you spent years of your life creating great presets, then you "upgrade" to the "new and improved" version, but you can't bring those presets with you...

Yeah, I have no idea why anyone would have any kind of problem with that! 🙄

• @SNystrom said:
    So you spent years of your life creating great presets, then you "upgrade" to the "new and improved" version, but you can't bring those presets with you...

If you have some really precious presets, you can upload them to ToneCloud from Bias FX1 and download from ToneCloud into the Bias FX2.

• Sounds like a typical Positive Greed workaround.

Was going to be generous and give them until next Tuesday to finally fix these rather basic issues, but it's looking like I'll just delete all their apps instead and use the newly acquired space to create and save more excellent GE Lab presents...

• Not a fan of some of their practices, but I finally received the Spark 40 amp from them, and I will say it was worth the wait.

• @SNystrom said:
    So you spent years of your life creating great presets, then you "upgrade" to the "new and improved" version, but you can't bring those presets with you...

I didn’t say it wasn’t a problem, I’m asking how it relates to greed? I am not understanding, so it’s not an argument. Some info to fill in the blanks would help me understand the issue.

@FatLip are you saying that the presets use particular gear that you had purchased that you have to re-purchase in Bias fx 2? I don’t know because I won’t buy anything from positive grid anymore and haven’t opened bias fx in a long time, in fact it’s not on my devices anymore. But, presets not transferring could be poor programming or maybe something changed in file structure or the way the app is written that would make something incompatible (protools moving to version 7 had that issue if I remember correctly, that was a long time ago). That wouldn’t necessarily mean greed.

Anyway, if you care to expand on your statement, I look forward to understanding. If you don’t, that’s ok. It wouldn’t make me want to use their software any more than I don’t want to now already.

• Just tried to transfer my packs to the new 2.0 and that worked like a charm. But that’s it. I feel you have to buy anything to get some good tone. It’s not a generous „free“ version even with the transfered packs. So for me it’s now Nembrini all the way!

• I dumped PG a while back when they said something like "We can't fix the bugs in the current version because we focused 100% on the next version. Once that's done we may look at the old version." The primary bug was constant crackling and buzzing that made it useless on my iPad Pro. I knew from experience that they would want nearly full price for the new version yet again so &&$!!! them. Tired of them screwing up the old version and then asking me to pay nearly full price yet again for the new version. 100% thumbs down.

Never had a problem with their software otherwise. Would love to keep it, but I'll let others be victims of their predatory marketing practice. Between what I've paid on OS X and iOS PG products I could be two thirds of the way to a Kemper!!! SMH

• edited May 2020

@david_2017 said:
    Just tried to transfer my packs to the new 2.0 and that worked like a charm. But that’s it. I feel you have to buy anything to get some good tone. It’s not a generous „free“ version even with the transfered packs. So for me it’s now Nembrini all the way!

You mean that your presets does not sound as good when transfered to BFX2?

• Not squashing existing bugs but asking for fresh money seems to be their business plan, doesn‘t it?

• @dermichl said:
    Not squashing existing bugs but asking for fresh money seems to be their business plan, doesn‘t it?

If that is what is meant by the greed reference that started this thread, then I completely understand and am on board with it. Moving on to new project after new project while leaving apps unfinished is not cool (final touch is one example).