Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala app feature wishes. What are yours?

Note repeat and samples folder. These two things will make it unbeatable for ease of use, features and price. I'll even pay IAP for these two features?

Comments

• I’d love to see...

A zoom in the editor
    Effects per pad or group instead of global
    More effects
    A note edit screen
    +1 on your suggestions

But honestly, it’s a great great great app and if it gets nothing else...I love it still

• not a feature but i think worth mentioning:

when using audiobus as input via iaa the slide over bar somehow blocks the top menu even when not visible. i see this behavior on ipads in landscape mode. a little bug i'd like to be fixed.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Panning.

It has panning

• Same feature I request for every non auv3 music program that would be suitable as a plugin. Although I may be doubling up with that request.

• Editing notes! It would support the immediacy of the app.
    Without being able to edit, recording live can be a kinda crampy experience 😅

• Time signatures: 3/4 5/5 6/8 7/4 9/16 x/n
    and / or
    dividing the sequencer in other than 16

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    Panning.

It has panning

Sorry. Forum joke.

• Some type of sequencer or the ability to add or delete notes

• Transient detection with the ability to then drag any given slice to another pad.

• Either both auv3 and some sort of note editing for shure

• edited May 2020

Another vote for AU. Doesn’t load nicely in AUM via IAA, have to load the app first. A minor thing, but still.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

Panning.

It has panning

Sorry. Forum joke.

Link?

• @supadom said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

Panning.

It has panning

Sorry. Forum joke.

Link?

Panning link

Glad I didn't get caught out with a forum in-joke.

• My dream turnip: a song mode https://forum.audiob.us//discussion/comment/753121/#Comment_753121

Just to make it a bit easier to never leave it.

• tpjtpj
    edited May 2020

-Host Return button ( return to AUM )
    -Note/Pattern editor.
    -Midi CC recording/editing for controls/effects
    -Choose which effect are on hold or release.
    -chromatic mode as a fixed setting for a pad
    -midi channel per pad
    -multi output
    -Load a specific kit in A,B,C,D
    -Dedicated buttons for resample and import ( no submenu )
    -able to use it as a auv3 sampler would make this the best sampler out there in terms of UX, speed, workflow.

Having said this, Its a fantastic app already.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    I’d love to see...

A zoom in the editor
    Effects per pad or group instead of global
    More effects
    A note edit screen
    +1 on your suggestions

But honestly, it’s a great great great app and if it gets nothing else...I love it still

Yes, effects per pad or group would be great, and more effects would be awesome

• @MrSmileZ @elf_audio it has Zoom editing. Go to edit sample/ 2 finger pinch&zoom. Missing features for me as follows
    1 Record Count In
    2 Pad mute/solos .Essential for an app based on resampling.
    3.Export Current Loop One File Per pad. At moment its Export All Loops One File per pad.
    4 Seek through a sequence with arrow keys < > and record from any where within the sequence which is why Koala needs record count in
    5 Performance mode Hold on/off but retain effects settings prior to using Hold Off
    6 Name Samples
    7 Play button or whole transport section accesible from all screens especially Sample edit window.
    8 Auto jump to next sequence / chain sequences
    9 User Interface skin options
    Dont get me wrong Elf has done a brilliant job with Koala & I would happily pay for all the above IAP to support this brilliant dev. I really do not think he thought it would do as well as it has & I think those big name companies are watching and should invest in Elf Audio if he wanted that. Well deserved. :)

• @ashh said:

@supadom said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

Panning.

It has panning

Sorry. Forum joke.

Link?

Panning link

Glad I didn't get caught out with a forum in-joke.

and finally...

If it ain't AU I'm not getting it.

• velocity midi input & inverse midi mapping of the pads (as most controllers are mapped)

• remembering the sample rate the song was saved in and loading it the same.

• CC mapping and multi out. Any extras should be IAP. App and dev very worthy of support.

• @Sirt said:
    remembering the sample rate the song was saved in and loading it the same.

+1

• edited June 2020

Auv3.
    Not as host but as a plugin!!

• A hold button

• I´d happily pay for IAP for:

• Midi note level sensitivity
    • Midi CC mapping transport controls
    • @stormbeats and @tpj 's list of requests

But even without all those things i have to say that Koala is a killer app, congratulations @elf_audio !!

• Velocity pads playing

• @stormbeats said:
    @MrSmileZ @elf_audio it has Zoom editing. Go to edit sample/ 2 finger pinch&zoom. Missing features for me as follows
    1 Record Count In
    2 Pad mute/solos .Essential for an app based on resampling.
    3.Export Current Loop One File Per pad. At moment its Export All Loops One File per pad.
    4 Seek through a sequence with arrow keys < > and record from any where within the sequence which is why Koala needs record count in
    5 Performance mode Hold on/off but retain effects settings prior to using Hold Off
    6 Name Samples
    7 Play button or whole transport section accesible from all screens especially Sample edit window.
    8 Auto jump to next sequence / chain sequences
    9 User Interface skin options
    Dont get me wrong Elf has done a brilliant job with Koala & I would happily pay for all the above IAP to support this brilliant dev. I really do not think he thought it would do as well as it has & I think those big name companies are watching and should invest in Elf Audio if he wanted that. Well deserved. :)

Thnx, hadn’t noticed it...I can put the magnifying lense away now

• CC midi and velocity sensitivity.

• I would really like to see - when cropping a sample the time line marker stops where you take your finger off when playing it in order that you can go back slightly and find the bit you want to chop out.