Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help re GarageBand live loops

Is there an easy way of converting loops recorded in iOS GarageBand into Apple Audio loops?

With the new version of logic logic now has a live looper too, but where I don’t have the same instrument on the Mac (ie for any ipad plug-ins) the cell is empty

If one could simply import audio loops into the cells that would be handy.

Comments

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Is there an easy way of converting loops recorded in iOS GarageBand into Apple Audio loops?

With the new version of logic logic now has a live looper too, but where I don’t have the same instrument on the Mac (ie for any ipad plug-ins) the cell is empty

You can, but it's (as is often the case with GB on iOS) a bit long winded.

You would need to record the cell into the timeline preferably into a section with the correct loop length, then solo the track with the loop and export it. Repeat with each loop.

Then you have audio loops which you need to bring back into GB and make into new audio cells.

• edited May 2020

I'd say probably merge cells to make it into an audio track. That's the downside with iOS and Logic compatibility.

I covered a bit on live looping on my channel at youtube.com/seonnthaproducer

• @klownshed said:

@BiancaNeve said:

You would need to record the cell into the timeline preferably into a section with the correct loop length, then solo the track with the loop and export it. Repeat with each loop.

Then you have audio loops which you need to bring back into GB and make into new audio cells.

The workflow is simpler than that. You can copy any audio event from the timeline view, go to cell view, long-press an empty cell, paste.

For a non-audio track, use Merge to convert the track to audio (if not sure how to do that, you can find info elsewhere). Then proceed as for an audio file.

• @espiegel123 said:

@klownshed said:

@BiancaNeve said:

The workflow is simpler than that. You can copy any audio event from the timeline view, go to cell view, long-press an empty cell, paste.

For a non-audio track, use Merge to convert the track to audio (if not sure how to do that, you can find info elsewhere). Then proceed as for an audio file.

Yup merging works too. It will save a copy of your project before the merge though so for every merge it will spawn another backup. Ideally you’ll be fairly well organised and delete any unwanted extra project copies straight away...

I tend to forget this and come back to GB after a while and then have loads of housekeeping to do with loads of copies of projects I don’t want. And then I end up deleting the wrong ones ;-)