Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sugar Bytes love and recommendations.

I went Sugar Bytes crazy of late and got some that I had held off on. So now I have Factory, Aparillo, egoist, Effectrix and Looperator. Any of the others that are must-see-TV?

Comments

• Turnado is a must have.

• Considering Wow now.
    Also wondering why is Cyclop so expensive by their other app prices?
    Is Unique still unique?

• @kinkujin said:
    I went Sugar Bytes crazy of late and got some that I had held off on. So now I have Factory, Aparillo, egoist, Effectrix and Looperator. Any of the others that are must-see-TV?

As with any app\product\service in life, they're only must-have if they help you do what you want to do.

For example, if you want live improvised audio mashing, then Turnado is a beast, but if not, it might not be a good spend. I live it because it fits my sound and workflow but that's me!

• Cyclop is awesome / must have for the arsenal

• Cyclop is insane if bass is your thing. It’s very much son-of-Skillex but you’ll be able to dial in completely different sounds with ease. I hink that there’s some overlap with Factory so if you have a bass sound in Factory that you like but wish it came with a hockey mask and a chainsaw, Cyclop has you covered.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Cyclop is insane if bass is your thing. It’s very much son-of-Skillex but you’ll be able to dial in completely different sounds with ease. I hink that there’s some overlap with Factory so if you have a bass sound in Factory that you like but wish it came with a hockey mask and a chainsaw, Cyclop has you covered.

Great on-point review :)

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Cyclop is insane if bass is your thing. It’s very much son-of-Skillex but you’ll be able to dial in completely different sounds with ease. I hink that there’s some overlap with Factory so if you have a bass sound in Factory that you like but wish it came with a hockey mask and a chainsaw, Cyclop has you covered.

Ha! Thanks.

• I’d pay just about anything (within reason) for DrumComputer on iOS. Looks so good.

• @kinkujin said:
    Considering Wow now.
    Is Unique still unique?

I think you'll be better off getting Unique for iPhone. It's insane how it's the same as the iPad version except cheaper.

• @kinkujin said:
    Considering Wow now.
    Is Unique still unique?

It does sound quite good and programming sounds is fairly straightforward although it has a rather powerful and flexible sound engine including FM, a unique "Triple SAW" oscillator and a fat unison mode that delivers.

@dreamsaremaps said:
    I’d pay just about anything (within reason) for DrumComputer on iOS. Looks so good.

I'm very interested in that one too.

• @Samflash3: Welcome back 😉🤝

• @dreamsaremaps said:
    I’d pay just about anything (within reason) for DrumComputer on iOS. Looks so good.

I lost the battle and got the desktop version. Not disappointed at all!

• edited May 2020

@robosardine said:
    Turnado is a must have.

i keep missing the sales,anyone know when the next one will be?

• edited May 2020

I love Unique. Super phat and phunky.

• I decided to go with Cyclop for now. I'm sure i'll end up with Unique eventually, knowing myself.

I only had a few minutes with it last night but did bring the iPad for lunch today. Super funky looking interface but I think this will be one for the large 12.9 iPad.

Thanks all for your input.

So those who have AudioDamage Filterstation, is WOW redundant at all??

• edited May 2020

@kinkujin said:
    I decided to go with Cyclop for now. I'm sure i'll end up with Unique eventually, knowing myself.

I only had a few minutes with it last night but did bring the iPad for lunch today. Super funky looking interface but I think this will be one for the large 12.9 iPad.

True. I'd still recommend getting Unique for iPhone. It's only $4.99 - https://apps.apple.com/app/unique-for-iphone/id1171390573?ls=1

That's cheaper than a lot of things. Yup, even my Patreon page which starts at $5. (Hey, I gotta learn how to laugh at myself sometimes)

Stay safe. Have fun.

#SEONN

• @Samflash3 said:

@kinkujin said:
    I decided to go with Cyclop for now. I'm sure i'll end up with Unique eventually, knowing myself.

True. I'd still recommend getting Unique for iPhone. It's only $4.99 - https://apps.apple.com/app/unique-for-iphone/id1171390573?ls=1

That's cheaper than a lot of things. Yup, even my Patreon page which starts at $5. (Hey, I gotta learn how to laugh at myself sometimes)

Stay safe. Have fun.

#SEONN

Thanks but I truly loathe the thought of trying to make music on my phone. Old eyes here.

• @kinkujin said:

You want me to say yes, right?

Yes, it is completely redundant 😏

I‘m lying, it is not. In addition to the LFO, modulation also comes from an envelope follower, a step sequencer and their ‚Wobble‘ knob (cringy Name if you ask me but it modulates shape and speed of the LFO simultaneously and can be modulated itself). Plus the SB randomizer, plus vowel filter...

• @kinkujin said:

@Samflash3 said:

@kinkujin said:

Stay safe. Have fun.

#SEONN

Thanks but I truly loathe the thought of trying to make music on my phone. Old eyes here.

Okay, what I mean is that it's the full app. You can maximize it. For example, try installing the free Yamaha Synth Book app. Even though it's for an iPhone, you can maximize it to fit your iPad a bit bigger.

Except Unique supports landscape mode, and is AUv3.

• I wish they would do a Thesys 2. That performance feature sets it apart... I can only imagine it as an Arp.

• @RajahP said:
    I wish they would do a Thesys 2. That performance feature sets it apart... I can only imagine it as an Arp.

Yeah, but your iPad would have to be the size of a blackboard.

• Thesys is a lot better with a stylus. But yeah, feels like I'm working on a spreadsheet.

• @kinkujin said:

If anything it's probably the other way round. Loads of filter choices, distortion choices and some of the more flexible modulation anywhere.

I do need to break these out again...

• I've got a lot nearly all the SugarBytes AUv3 apps, but I find myself avoiding them because I absolutely despise the preset picker. Even if you sculpt a sound yourself and save it, you've still got to deal with that horror.

• @kinkujin said:
    Considering Wow now.
    Is Unique still unique?

I’ve not had luck running Wow with Audiobus… both updated, latest iOS, iPad Pro… not sure the issue? Anyone else?

• edited December 2021

@hy_phn said:
    I’ve not had luck running Wow with Audiobus… both updated, latest iOS, iPad Pro… not sure the issue? Anyone else?

I think they removed AudioBus compatibilty when they went to AUv3. Or was that IAA?

• The full roster in Loopy Pro is a world unto itself

• @Littlewoodg said:
    The full roster in Loopy Pro is a world unto itself

+many

• Is Looperator on sale? If so, what’s the regular price? 🤔

• @Artvarg said:
    Is Looperator on sale? If so, what’s the regular price? 🤔

Yes it is on sale.

Here in Australia it went from AU$31 down to AU$25.