Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

miRack — now AUv3! — for Beginners

For those who were intimidated by the other gigantic esoteric miRack thread — which is worth reading; it's full of drama and really smart people — here's a place to post basic questions, now that the app has been converted to AU.

miRack is $9.99 on the AppStore.

Like, how do I start? Are there any presets?

Comments

• I think that the best way to start for a total noob like me is to watch the Youtube series made by Dan of Electronicsounds Audio.

• Two words: GAME CHANGER!

• Good idea! Good to know it is finally AU now too, thnx

• A super-easy downward expander using miRack:

Thank you heaps @mifki 😃👏

• Dean’s (Electronisounds) videos are excellent. He is a really good teacher.

I also learned a lot from the one below. You can get a ton of variation out of the basic four part (“ROLL”) patch and learn how the connections work. Experiment and expand from there with other modules, such as a quantizer, sequencer, etc.

• I hope and pray this isn't a gateway. I went to some salt mines in Germany when I was a kid, and remember zipping down a very long, smooth wooden slide, into the darkness.

No time just now but (a) Amazing and (b) I'll catch up (maybe, eventually).

• edited May 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:
    For those who were intimidated by the other gigantic esoteric miRack thread — which is worth reading; it's full of drama and really smart people — here's a place to post basic questions, now that the app has been converted to AU.

miRack is $9.99 on the AppStore.

Like, how do I start? Are there any presets?

I highly recommend the tutorials by Omri Cohen for the original Vcvrack. You can find an entire playlist dedicated to beginners here:-

While not all the modules will be identical in miRack the basic concepts should still apply.

• For absolute beginners, here’s a quick video which shows you how to sequence a MiRack synth in AUM. I’m using Drambo as the sequencer, but you can route the MIDI of any sequencer to MiRack. This may not be the optimal way to do things, but it’ll get you started :)

• Fantastic, @gonekrazy3000

But I can see where this is headed with modular things....

• @xraydash said:
    Dean’s (Electronisounds) videos are excellent. He is a really good teacher.

I also learned a lot from the one below. You can get a ton of variation out of the basic four part (“ROLL”) patch and learn how the connections work. Experiment and expand from there with other modules, such as a quantizer, sequencer, etc.

that's cool idea to make such autogeneearinf parch with just 4 modules :-) here my contribution :-)

• I might have to grab this now, I’m getting a little bored waiting for the new EG app to drop, lol

• edited May 2020

@dendy said:

that's cool idea to make such autogeneearinf parch with just 4 modules :-) here my contribution :-)

Nice! It wouldn’t have occurred to me to route the limiter to the LFO. Thanks for that. Even more possibilities!

• Does the new AU3 plugin do MIDI out?

• edited May 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Fantastic, @gonekrazy3000

But I can see where this is headed with modular things....

Lol. You could just stick to making simple synths or audio effect modules. That's pretty much how I use vcvrack on my desktop. Don't have to go full modular madness. And use it as effect or generator auv3.

• This YouTuber has some great tutorials as well:

Pasted the entire playlist here. He's also starting a new one specific to auv3 functionality that will be good to watch:

• Here's to gateway drugs!

• edited May 2020

Also for all things modular, and specifically Eurorack.... head over to Muffs.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/

Lots of knowledgable and friendly people there.

• Picked up the iPad again today just for this. Great work @mifki

• Incredible. Can you realise the power of what is going on here.

The CPU footprint is very acceptable, that was my major fear about this new feature

Just the use of the effects in AUM worth the app and it can do so much more...

Here is a first little track using three miRack AU modules and standard presets (you don't have to pay me for this...)

• Wow, this is all miRack, @cuscolima?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Wow, this is all miRack, @cuscolima?

No, the drums are coming from Digistix and I have used DDMF MDES, Pro-MB and Pro-L on the master.

• @cuscolima said:
    Incredible. Can you realise the power of what is going on here.

The CPU footprint is very acceptable, that was my major fear about this new feature

Here is a first little track using three miRack AU modules and standard presets (you don't have to pay me for this...)

Simply
    Beautiful

Love it!

• @cuscolima said:
    Incredible. Can you realise the power of what is going on here.

Hey... where are the blip-blops? :)
    Nice! 👍

• Any plans for FX?

• @echoopera said:
    This YouTuber has some great tutorials as well:

He's also starting a new one specific to auv3 functionality that will be good to watch:

Posted

• @mojozart said:
    Any plans for FX?

FX works, just load in audio FX slot.

• @auxmux said:

@mojozart said:
    Any plans for FX?

FX works, just load in audio FX slot.

cool! For some reason I didn't see the Music Effect the first time I looked.

• The Nysthi RG100ChanA and RG100ChanB distortion plugins make really, really good guitar amp plugins. I've been waiting for miRack to go AU especially for this. There's an impulse loader too can be used for for cab simulation, though I've been using Thafknar for that.

• Just want to say thank you to everyone here for this thread. I updated miRack today and was looking for a place to start with the AUv3, looks like i found it!!!!!!