Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Automation: Use Perforator for MM-1 like behavior

Create interesting rhythms and call and response phrasing.
Using Perforator to Bypass (mute) audio units. Works with midi and audio.

1. Put Perforator in a dummy channel in AUM
  2. Load up AU sequencer(s) (Autony works well)
  3. Route the sequencers to synths etc
  4. Go to AUM midi control. Choose midi source. Choose Perforator.
  5. Select the channel name and in the pop up tap on midi control icon on the top left
  6. Select in midi sources Sequencer —> Parameters —> Bypass
  7. CC1 Channel 1 is a good default (which is the TOP row in Perforator. The second row is CC2)
  8. The Perforator gate now acts to bypass the midi/audio output

Be careful trying to access the AU even when the playhead isn't engaged as the units will be moving back and forth in accordance to Perforator. To fix this swipe left to 'bypass' Perforator.

Comments

• Electronisounds original video for inspiration.

• @audiblevideo said:
    Create interesting rhythms and call and response phrasing.
    Using Perforator to Bypass (mute) audio units. Works with midi and audio.

1. Put Perforator in a dummy channel in AUM
    2. Load up AU sequencer(s) (Autony works well)
    3. Route the sequencers to synths etc
    4. Go to AUM midi control. Choose midi source. Choose Perforator.
    5. Select the channel name and in the pop up tap on midi control icon on the top left
    6. Select in midi sources Sequencer —> Parameters —> Bypass
    7. CC1 Channel 1 is a good default (which is the TOP row in Perforator. The second row is CC2)
    8. The Perforator gate now acts to bypass the midi/audio output

Be careful trying to access the AU even when the playhead isn't engaged as the units will be moving back and forth in accordance to Perforator. To fix this swipe left to 'bypass' Perforator.

I did not know that Perforator sent out cc's.

Also I've now since discovered that we can change the default cc numbers as well.

• thnx for this find. sooold B)

• Any other good tools/workflows for parameter lock-like behavior in AUM? I found a somewhat more recent thread discussing this same question, but they still didn't have a solid solution. I think Perforator might be my best bet?

• @aaa said:
    Any other good tools/workflows for parameter lock-like behavior in AUM? I found a somewhat more recent thread discussing this same question, but they still didn't have a solid solution. I think Perforator might be my best bet?

Sure. Drambo. Its sequencer runs in sync with AUM and you can p-lock any parameter on any step.