Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Delay loop on/off

Hey folks

I use AudioDamage Dubstation as my standard work horse delay and i’m quite happy with it. But now I ran into an issue.
I want to switch the loop on and off while jamming i AUM and I want to do so with my KORGnano studio midi controller.

When i midi map the “loop on/off” in AUM to an (on/off) button on my midi controller the switch jumps back to “off” as soon as i let go of the bottun.
I can of course map the switch to a knob and give that knob a range if nessesery but that is a bit of an annoying workaround.

So you guys know an alternative to Dubstation 2 that makes this possible.

I contacted AudioDamage about the issuge and they replied that nothing can be done about it due to backwards compatibility

Comments

• edited May 2020

I think you want toggle (aka latching) control of the loop on/off function, so that one button press enables and the second button press disables, but your controller is sending the off event on release.

On some controllers such as Launchpad Mini MK3, this is programmable. Change behavior from Momentary to Toggle:

https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360009860380--Components-Launchpad-Mini-MK3-Launchpad-X-and-Launchpad-Pro-Custom-Mode-Editor-Guide

Otherwise you should be able to fix this with a Mozaic or Streambyter script.

• @mojozart
    Thank you. I’ll see if I can do a bit of magik in Mozaic. I’m a puny magician but I have done it before 😄.

• This will latch note messages: https://audioveek.com/latch/

• edited May 2020

@mojozart
    Thank you so much 😊. However i need to do so other sort of work around since I don’t have the option of routing midi to Dubstation 2 in AUM. But the app looks pretty cool 😊

Edit.

I’ll fix it with some knob tweaking. Thank you for your help.

• Hmm, since all the AUParameters for Dubstation 2 are exposed, the Midi routing could be done only using AUM by routing a controller directly to an AUParameter of the plug-in.

• @Lorichs : why not setting your button to "toggle"? See page 12 of the user manual: "Button behavior..."?
    shouldn't that do the trick?
    cheers

• This is beyond my skills and knowledge 🤔

@electronicsfordogs
    Only a “value” can be mapped to the loop switch and I dont see a way to change “value” to a “toggle”. It was excactly that issue that I addressed to Audiodamage because I think that it would make sence to change the switches in Dubstation 2 to toggle parameters.

@Samu
    I can’t see the dubstation as a destination in the midi matrix either. I have tryed to route mozaic and the AUM internal keyboard to AUM’s build in midi control and i get no reaction. Dubstation only recieves midi-input from my korgNANO controller.

I’m afraid that i’m a bit lost 😬

• @Lorichs : I was referring to the NanoStudio's manual. There is supposed to be some sort of editor, which lets you do these kind of things.

• @electronicsfordogs
    😂😂. I seeee. No wonder I couldn’t find page 12 and a chapter called button behavior in the AUM manual 😂

• press and hold the option-key while tapping on a manual to unlock its hidden secret content.

:)

• @Lorichs if for any reason you prefer to use Mozaic instead of changing the controller behavior, you need to add that instance as a MIDI source in the MIDI Control panel:

• @Lorichs said:

@Samu
    I can’t see the dubstation as a destination in the midi matrix either. I have tryed to route mozaic and the AUM internal keyboard to AUM’s build in midi control and i get no reaction. Dubstation only recieves midi-input from my korgNANO controller.

I’m afraid that i’m a bit lost 😬

In AUM go to the Menu select Midi Control, choose the controller to use, scroll down and under channels pick the channel where your Dubstation 2 is, when there all the plug-ins on the channel are shown, tap on the plug-in and select which parameter to control...

• ...and when you see the PARAMETERS panel for control of Dubstation 2 in AUM you select the BYPASS parameter.
    Then pick the CHANNEL that receives your keyboard (which you sent to MIDI Control) and also pick e.g. a NOTE that can be TOGGLEd for this parameter.

This functionality is all implemented in AUM and will work with any and all effects plugins that you use there.

• Thanks guy. Awesome 👍🏼😊

• edited May 2020

@Tim6502 said:
    ...and when you see the PARAMETERS panel for control of Dubstation 2 in AUM you select the BYPASS parameter.
    Then pick the CHANNEL that receives your keyboard (which you sent to MIDI Control) and also pick e.g. a NOTE that can be TOGGLEd for this parameter.

This functionality is all implemented in AUM and will work with any and all effects plugins that you use there.

this bypasses the whole effect. He wants to turn on/off the loop parameter :-(

• edited May 2020

Three-part solution.

1. Switch nano controller to latch mode
    2. Route nano controller to MIDI Control
    3. Map MIDI message from nano controller to the Dubstation Loop parameter

NOTE: If you can't switch nano controller to Latch mode, then insert MIDI Latch or similar MIDI filter plugin between steps 2 and 3. That is, route nano to MIDI Latch and MIDI Latch to MIDI Control.

• @mojozart

I have just set up my midi controller up to latch. It works 👍🏼
    I’ll see if it works with the midi mapping on all my other tracks. I’m also using the buttons to trigger patterns on other tracks. Maybe i’ll need to do a bit of tweaking on my mozaic scripts 😱

Otherwise I’m gonna grab that Midi tools app. It looks quite handy.

Thanks for all of your help😊

• @electronicsfordogs said:

@Tim6502 said:

this bypasses the whole effect. He wants to turn on/off the loop parameter :-(

Thanks for explaining!

Here is an AUM project with a generic Mozaic scripting solution.
    It is set up to demo the built-in keyboard with C3 to latch looping on and off. (After download, remove the *.pdf extension from the AUM project.)

• edited May 2020

Updated version of Mozaic script for latching keys on patchstorage.com. In the picture C3 is mapped as a latched key to C-1 and channel 2 to be picked up by MIDI Ctrl there. The twelve keys above that are mapped into the C2 range.

• Hey. That is cool. Script downloaded. Thanks 😊

• Thanks for all of your help guys @Samu @mojozart @NoiseFloored @electronicsfordogs . And thanks for the script @Tim6502 . I finally got it to work😊. It took me some time to understand that all the AUs on the same midi track shares the same midi channel. Now it works and it feels great 😅 As we say where i come from; the best nut has the hardest shell.