Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GlitchCore by Alex Matheu released

13»

Comments

• @gregsmith said:
    @distraub I love this app! Only issue I’m having is that in Audiobus i have to turn it back ‘on’ (the four squares button) when I reopen a project. Can it’s state save whether the glitching is on or not?

I don’t think it can. I think the concept was to use them as a button to introduce occasional glitches in a live type way.

• I dont know how to properly use this yet, but this sort of high amount of glitchiness is not really my thing, ill try it on drums later, i suspect it would work nicely with them.

However i found a really nice use for this. Basically have this on fx lane in AUM for my external synth and midi map the reverse button. I map it on my BSP touch strip and can basically make backwards stuff from real time audio coming from one of my synths(or i could bus many on it).

I dont remember this sort of backwards audio from real time audio flow from a push of a midi button is possible with other apps. But do let me know if im wrong.

• @distraub I don’t think so. It is the same for me in AUM.

• @ToMess said:
    I dont know how to properly use this yet, but this sort of high amount of glitchiness is not really my thing, ill try it on drums later, i suspect it would work nicely with them.

However i found a really nice use for this. Basically have this on fx lane in AUM for my external synth and midi map the reverse button. I map it on my BSP touch strip and can basically make backwards stuff from real time audio coming from one of my synths(or i could bus many on it).

I dont remember this sort of backwards audio from real time audio flow from a push of a midi button is possible with other apps. But do let me know if im wrong.

You need to be subtle with it- you are right- try it with a drum loop- just tap the controls slightly to give the beat a little ‘glitch’ start with randomising the grid with the dice and do your tapping on the four white squares.

• edited May 2020

I’m enjoying this one. It added some really nice variations to a SeekBeats rhythm on one channel, and some manual glitching to some live Streemur radio chat on another in last nights jam.

Good little app.

• Has anyone had any problems using GlitchCore inside Cubasis2 as an AU and parameter automation not being accurate or sometimes not showing up in the automation editor? Also it seems that it overloads cpu wise? I’ve never had these issues until using GlitchCore. Is there something I am not doing correctly? I’m on a 11” pro iOS 3.3. Just using in the effects slot on a instrument or audio track and creating automation like I normally do by messing with parameters. Lots of crackling and really annoying. Any help would be great. Thanks.

• @Morgman73 said:
    Has anyone had any problems using GlitchCore inside Cubasis2 as an AU and parameter automation not being accurate or sometimes not showing up in the automation editor? Also it seems that it overloads cpu wise? I’ve never had these issues until using GlitchCore. Is there something I am not doing correctly? I’m on a 11” pro iOS 3.3. Just using in the effects slot on a instrument or audio track and creating automation like I normally do by messing with parameters. Lots of crackling and really annoying. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Cubasis 2 has been a thorn in my side, works well in 3, and other hosts. But even in 3 the problem that I have with the way they do their automation is that the AU Parameters are not available to automate manually. When automating multiple parameters at once with the X\Y pad, the W function sometimes doesn't seem to pick up all of the intended automations in Cubasis. As for the extra CPU usage, have you tried making sure that ECO Render mode is on, and that the waveform is set to low? This will help hosts that have issues rendering the higher resolution waveforms that fast.

• @distraub Yes. Thanks for the reply. I’ve tried those workarounds and nada? It’s the only app I’ve had issues with like that. CB2 doesn’t give me problems and I know it’s a different situation for a lot of users. The fact that Glitxhcore does this really bums me out as it does some really cool rhythmic stuff. Whatever. I’ll use it as best I can. Thanks again.

• @robosardine said:

@gregsmith said:
    @distraub I love this app! Only issue I’m having is that in Audiobus i have to turn it back ‘on’ (the four squares button) when I reopen a project. Can it’s state save whether the glitching is on or not?

I don’t think it can. I think the concept was to use them as a button to introduce occasional glitches in a live type way.

Ah ok. I’ve been using it to reprogram a drum loop into a whole different rhythm. It’s so much faster and easier to experiment with, than slicing the loop up, putting into a sampler then programming the midi beats.

• @gregsmith said:

@robosardine said:

@gregsmith said:

Ah ok. I’ve been using it to reprogram a drum loop into a whole different rhythm. It’s so much faster and easier to experiment with, than slicing the loop up, putting into a sampler then programming the midi beats.

Have you tried Egoist for that? I think that would be better than GlitchBreaks for doing the drum loop reprogram thing, there is also two new slicers coming out soon- maybe see what they bring.
    GlitchBreaks is great for experimenting with at the same time, there can be some great results and fun to be had playing about with that grid. It’s a great app to have- it’s never going to be one of those ones you pay a fiver for then hardly see it again after a week.

• @robosardine said:

@gregsmith said:

@robosardine said:

@gregsmith said:

Have you tried Egoist for that? I think that would be better than GlitchBreaks for doing the drum loop reprogram thing, there is also two new slicers coming out soon- maybe see what they bring.
    GlitchBreaks is great for experimenting with at the same time, there can be some great results and fun to be had playing about with that grid. It’s a great app to have- it’s never going to be one of those ones you pay a fiver for then hardly see it again after a week.

Egoist looks good but I only buy universal apps. EG Slice (or whatever it’s gonna be called) will be an instabuy for me. I just love the way glitchcore works sequentially. Feed it the amen break for instance and you can very quickly create a new rhythm from it with a mixture of deliberate experimentation and happy accident. A slicer requires you to be much more deliberate.
    Anyway, it’s fine, I just need to remember to turn on glitching at the start of each session :)

• @gregsmith said:
    Anyway, it’s fine, I just need to remember to turn on glitching at the start of each session :)

I think I could fix that by adding a toggle to retain mode state with presets. The idea was that the modes are the playable component, almost like notes in a synth.

• @distraub said:

@gregsmith said:

I think I could fix that by adding a toggle to retain mode state with presets. The idea was that the modes are the playable component, almost like notes in a synth.

Yes please! I will also use it the playable component way too 😉

• edited May 2020

Please, if you like GC (or any other app) spend 5 minutes to leave a good review on AppStore. It helps a lot the devs.

• @Faland said:
    Please, if you like GC (or any other app) spend 5 minutes to leave a good review on AppStore. It helps a lot the devs.

Thanks for reminding me 👍

• @gregsmith said:

@robosardine said:

@gregsmith said:

@robosardine said:

@gregsmith said:

Egoist looks good but I only buy universal apps. EG Slice (or whatever it’s gonna be called) will be an instabuy for me. I just love the way glitchcore works sequentially. Feed it the amen break for instance and you can very quickly create a new rhythm from it with a mixture of deliberate experimentation and happy accident. A slicer requires you to be much more deliberate.

ReSlice is universal and it’s arpeggiator is great for repurposing drum loops. I posted a video a while back demoing. It makes nice with GlitchCore, too.

• edited May 2020

@espiegel123 said:

@gregsmith said:

@robosardine said:

@gregsmith said:

@robosardine said:

@gregsmith said:

ReSlice is universal and it’s arpeggiator is great for repurposing drum loops. I posted a video a while back demoing. It makes nice with GlitchCore, too.

I have reslice but didn’t realise it has an arpeggiator 😳

Edit: can’t get it to do anything like what I can get glitchcore to do