Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS 13.5 safe to upgrade

iPad pro keeps nagging me to upgrade
Should I avoid, any apps get broken ?
Or should I get on with it ?

Comments

• I've not bumped into any issues with 13.5 on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 8...

• Thanks @Samu
    A voice of knowledge, I don't know you, but I always trust what you say on this great site, thanks again for this reply and many tips etc you have posted

• @Samu said:
    I've not bumped into any issues with 13.5 on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 8...

@Nicebutfun said:
    Thanks @Samu
    A voice of knowledge, I don't know you, but I always trust what you say on this great site, thanks again for this reply and many tips etc you have posted

+1 I have relied on your expertise too Samu. Thanks very much for sharing your wealth of musicmaking knowledge with us! Cheers! ED

• @ElektrikDiva said:

@Samu said:
    I've not bumped into any issues with 13.5 on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 8...

@Nicebutfun said:
    Thanks @Samu

+1 I have relied on your expertise too Samu. Thanks very much for sharing your wealth of musicmaking knowledge with us! Cheers! ED

+1 superfan! 😛

• edited May 2020

I updated my Air 3 a few days ago to iPadOS 13.5 and everything is smooth. Auria & Cubasis sessions and AUM save states have all loaded up flawlessly...and I'm usually extremely trepidatious about moving up to the new updates. This one was smooth...

• How is IAA? Chris Randall says it's broken for his apps

• edited May 2020

@Carnbot said:
    How is IAA? Chris Randall says it's broken for his apps

No issues here with AUM + Grouptheloop and Thumbjam at least. 7 Plus seems to run cooler too.

• All my stuff works on my ipad OS 13.5..even DM2 , scythe, ispark...

• @Janosax said:

@Carnbot said:

No issues here with AUM + Grouptheloop and Thumbjam at least. 7 Plus seems to run cooler too.

ok that's good, Takete working in Audiobus on 13.5 testing on iphone...maybe only some apps are affected.

• No issues seen here. 2019 iPad

• I think AudioDamage use JUCE, I wonder if similar coded apps in that framework are affected.

• To confirm Chris's report, Audio Damage apps no longer show up in IAA in AUM (though AUv3 still works). Additionally, AUM's IAA listing by Company no longer works, though the AUv3 one does, and I can't swear that this is a new issue in 13.5. On the plus side, I haven't yet found an IAA-only app that isn't working: ThumbJam, Wotja, iFretless Guitar are all fine.

It's maybe also worth reporting that the unc0ver jailbreak for 13.5 dropped at the weekend and I've had no problems with it so far (other than that most tweaks aren't yet compatible, though Filza is and is probably the main thing most people here will actually be interested in). If you think you might need filesystem access down the line, you'll want to decide within the next week or two, before Apple fix the exploit and stop signing 13.5, whether to update or to stick with your existing system (which will also be jailbreakable, but not restorable to unless you've already saved blobs).

• @Carnbot said:

Hold the press, Chris Randall blames something else for something something something!!!!
    The complete shock of it all.

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

😂 yep, kinda true 😂

Pulling the plug is the smart thing to do though. Regardless of who's fault whatever problem he's talking about is, chasing IAA fixes is throwing good effort after bad.

• @wim said:
    😂 yep, kinda true 😂

Pulling the plug is the smart thing to do though. Regardless of who's fault whatever problem he's talking about is, chasing IAA fixes is throwing good effort after bad.

Hehe, I do like Chris’ no fucks to give demeanour. Reminds me of the endearingly grizzled IT folks I have worked with.

It does sound hard enough to work with the apparently craptasticly documented AU ‘standard’ let alone something Apple has totally bailed on.

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

@AudioGus said:

@wim said:
    😂 yep, kinda true 😂

Hehe, I do like Chris’ no fucks to give demeanour. Reminds me of the endearingly grizzled IT folks I have worked with.

It does sound hard enough to work with the apparently craptasticly documented AU ‘standard’ let alone something Apple has totally bailed on.

Yeh, I love him too. :D Even moreso for the entertainment value of the some people's outrage over a developer having opinions and not being afraid to express them.

Chris has already crossed the AU bridge, so he's not faced with more challenges other than the initial time investment in ripping out IAA without breaking anything.

• @wim said:

@AudioGus said:

@wim said:
    😂 yep, kinda true 😂

Yeh, I love him too. :D Even moreso for the entertainment value of the some people's outrage over a developer having opinions and not being afraid to express them.

Chris has already crossed the AU bridge, so he's not faced with more challenges other than the initial time investment in ripping out IAA without breaking anything.

Yes his love for Catalina holds no bounds :lol:

• If you have a good reason to update go for it, if not stay where you are.

From experience it can only get worse tbh.

• edited May 2020

Kymatica SECTOR IAA Clock sync is broken after updating to 13.5. I have it synced to AUM with and set to follow host transport. Now it plays one sector then stops. The only way to get SECTOR to continue playing is to set Follow Host to OFF.

UPDATE: Weird it seems OK now ... will see if I can reproduce it.

• @Turntablist said:

@Carnbot said:

Hold the press, Chris Randall blames something else for something something something!!!!

Glad someone said it.

• @DukeWonder said:

@Turntablist said:

@Carnbot said:

Glad someone said it.

He's right though, I'd remove IAA too if I had a full AU version in place. If Apple had planned it all better we wouldn't have this format mess...

• @Carnbot said:

@DukeWonder said:

@Turntablist said:

@Carnbot said:

Glad someone said it.

He's right though, I'd remove IAA too if I had a full AU version in place. If Apple had planned it all better we wouldn't have this format mess...

I don’t disagree on this specific point. But, in general, the dude seems to complain an awful lot.

• @DukeWonder said:

@Carnbot said:

@DukeWonder said:

@Turntablist said:

@Carnbot said:

Glad someone said it.

I don’t disagree on this specific point. But, in general, the dude seems to complain an awful lot.

He should complain. Apple makes software development on their platforms unbelievably frustrating and it seems like it comes from a place of negligence and laziness. Nothing will change unless people complain loudly. And it’s fun to read 😆