Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Volume buttons send MIDI?

Hi there! Is this actually possible? An app which would allow to map midi to the iPads’ volume buttons?

Danke!

Comments

• @SevenSystems said:
    Yes.

Ohmygosh

Which app allows this?

• @ecce_cello said:

@SevenSystems said:
    Yes.

Ohmygosh

Which app allows this?

I don't know. I only know it's possible. :) What's your use case?

• I simply want to be able to use the volume buttons to assign them different functions with midi.

But this would only be possible using an app. So is there an app which does this?

• Any app out there which can map midi to volume buttons?

• The volume buttons on what? Midi from what? You’re not going to get any help if you don’t explain more clearly what you want to do.

• edited June 2019

Just use physical volume buttons on the side of any iOS device, to map them to a given midi CC or Note, and do whatever action you assign this midi controller to, by just pressing the volume buttons.

• It is technically possible, but Apple has the final say on if this constitutes an "abuse" of the volume buttons, and they might reject an app that provides this functionality.

• Okay! Thank you for the int.
    Anyone out there willing or implement this? I’d pay 9,99€

I swear.

• :(

• I I raise my bet! 19,99€ for this functionality.