Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatstep pro - yay or nay

I’m thinking about getting one to sequence my volcas, and/or some apps. Any advice, warnings or opinions would be very helpful. Even just a yay or nay! Also, the black or the white version?

Comments

• edited January 2020

I had the regular (not Pro) Beatstep and couldn't stand the knobs - I believe they are the same style for the Pro

The knobs are designed for the onboard sequencing of the unit, and don't work well when MIDI controlling other parameters. You need two full twists of the knob to turn a MIDI destination fully from 0 to 127. I changed setting as much as I could to try to fix it, and never found a solution. Tweaking a filter cut off using these knobs is extremely unsatisfying!

If you using it mainly for the onboard sequencer, disregard my complaint :)

Oh, and I find the black ones much nicer looking

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I bought a black one and couldn’t integrate It into my workflow like I wanted to. I have one for trade if you are interested

• I had it and almost loved it but the lack of polyphony bugged me enough to sell it. I bought it to sequence Volcas too, but was frustrated that I couldn't send chords to the Volca keys. The pads and roller are lovely though, and I kind of miss it, enough to have been sniffing around eBay for another one. I should have loved it for what it was ...

• @Oblique said:
    I had it and almost loved it but the lack of polyphony bugged me enough to sell it. I bought it to sequence Volcas too, but was frustrated that I couldn't send chords to the Volca keys. The pads and roller are lovely though, and I kind of miss it, enough to have been sniffing around eBay for another one. I should have loved it for what it was ...

Dead girlfriends and old keyboards both...

• Thanks for the comments. I’m thinking I could sequence the volca keys from the ipad with another controller so the lack of polyphony mightn’t be a problem. Keystep pro is tempting though...

• Just saw the Launchpad pro mk 3... never mind.

• @drewinnit said:
    I had the regular (not Pro) Beatstep and couldn't stand the knobs - I believe they are the same style for the Pro

The knobs are designed for the onboard sequencing of the unit, and don't work well when MIDI controlling other parameters. You need two full twists of the knob to turn a MIDI destination fully from 0 to 127. I changed setting as much as I could to try to fix it, and never found a solution. Tweaking a filter cut off using these knobs is extremely unsatisfying!

Any alternative? 200$ or less. Thanks! I just need a lot of knobs.

• As an alternative, look at StepBud sequencer app: per step probability, midi cc sequencing and more. You are not limited to 2 melodic tracks and drums only.

• edited May 2020

@Montreal_Music said:

@drewinnit said:

http://faderfox.de/pc4.html

24 knobs for 200 Euro —> 216.83 USD

or MORE for about $100 more

http://faderfox.de/ec4.html

• @audiblevideo said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@drewinnit said:

Nice! Does it work with iPad?

• @drewinnit said:

The knobs are designed for the onboard sequencing of the unit, and don't work well when MIDI controlling other parameters. You need two full twists of the knob to turn a MIDI destination fully from 0 to 127. I changed setting as much as I could to try to fix it, and never found a solution.

A lot of persons had this problem. Anyone knows if it fixed?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@audiblevideo said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@drewinnit said:

Nice! Does it work with iPad?

from the site link

System requirements

PC or Mac with a free USB port (1.0 or higher) or a USB hub (connection by inclosed USB cable)
    iPad with iOS5 or higher (connection by apples camera connection kit)
    MIDI device with standard midi in port (5pin DIN socket connection by enclosed adapter cable)
    USB power adapter (5V min 100mA) if you want to control only midi gear

• Is there a way to sequence CC controls with these? Also, do they filter MIDI CC? I sent some notes through to hardware earlier but CCs didn’t seem to show up…

• @drewinnit said:

If the knob turns quickly, it can go from 0 to 127 in one cycles,which takes some getting used to