Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TUTORIAL - Loop Chopping In Zenbeats

Comments

• Got yourself a subscriber there fella 👍

• @Krupa said:
    Got yourself a subscriber there fella 👍

I like Zenbeats.

+1

• @anickt
    Thanks for your helpful video. Your help here and in the threads fortifies my ZenBeats efforts.
    One cool feature that Zenbeats shares with other favorite (PC) DAWs is a different way to dupe clips than using the dupe button from the menu: each clip has an arrow/handle that can be dragged down the track to lay down exact copies of the selected clip. I wish more iOS DAWs did the same

• 🎉👍🏻

• I don’t do g00gle, except of course the Tube, so I will express my thanks here. Thank you! Looking forward to taking my first class, too.

• edited May 2020

Thanks.. I guess you don’t have Sugar Bytes Looperator.. Seems like you would love it..

Edit.. how about one on Midi Import..
    Thanks..

• @Krupa said:

Thanks for watching! Let me know what else you’d like to see.

• @Gravitas said:

@Krupa said:

I like Zenbeats.

+1

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @anickt
    Thanks for your helpful video. Your help here and in the threads fortifies my ZenBeats efforts.
    One cool feature that Zenbeats shares with other favorite (PC) DAWs is a different way to dupe clips than using the dupe button from the menu: each clip has an arrow/handle that can be dragged down the track to lay down exact copies of the selected clip. I wish more iOS DAWs did the same

Thanks for watching! Let me know what else you’d like to see. What you’re describing is looping mode which is a great feature that I use a lot. In this case duping clips keeps them unique so I can do things like re-pitch or make other changes without having to break up the loops first. There often is more than one way to do things.

• @onerez said:
    🎉👍🏻

😎✌🏼

• @Sawiton said:
    I don’t do g00gle, except of course the Tube, so I will express my thanks here. Thank you! Looking forward to taking my first class, too.

• @RajahP said:
    Thanks.. I guess you don’t have Sugar Bytes Looperator.. Seems like you would love it..

Edit.. how about one on Midi Import..
    Thanks..

😆 I have almost every app but I like working in the linear format like I showed in the video. I think a lot of it has to do with my video editing background. I was actually looking at MIDI files today with the thought of incorporating into my next video. Thanks for watching! Let me know what else you’d like to see.

• Love the instructional voice over. So... dry. :)

• @anickt said: There often is more than one way to do things.

Yes! That’s when you know you’re in good hands. The more the merrier. I’m also digging that breakup loops you mentioned, and the glue support for the timeline workflow.

I wish the looping mode worked for midi clips as well. (I thought it did, but a minute ago it didn’t on one clip)

• @Littlewoodg said:

@anickt said: There often is more than one way to do things.

Yes! That’s when you know you’re in good hands. The more the merrier. I’m also digging that breakup loops you mentioned, and the glue support for the timeline workflow.

I wish the looping mode worked for midi clips as well. (I thought it did, but a minute ago it didn’t on one clip)

What do you mean by your last statement? Looping can be on or off for all clips.

• @anickt thanks comrade
    i'd only seen that function in the audioclip menu

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @anickt thanks comrade

It took me a bit to learn my way around but everything is there. Became second nature pretty quickly. Glad to help!

• edited May 2020

@anickt said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @anickt thanks comrade

It took me a bit to learn my way around but everything is there. Became second nature pretty quickly. Glad to help!

yep theres a learning curve but its not too steep. funny thing i was an early (1.0) adopter of Stagelight PC, but i never dug very far into it. Now I want in!

(And now I want all the Timbaland and Linkin Park loops i bought for SL in ZB,. I stripped all the kits and hits but i want the loops, especially since you started this thread...I kept them for a long while but purged them in a heedless cull. and now I'm sad)

Ok, I've got another one for you, comrade:

sfz! you can stop me right here and link me to the goods on this question, i imagine its on the forum someplace, or youtube, but take a look, its a worthy puzzler:

3 separate queries, sfz-wise (yes three, big thanks in advance)

1. a couple of the onboard instruments offer the option of loading sfz. When I go into Files via the prompt i can load an sfz file but the sfz's I've got (and most worth their salt) include a set of sample files...when I load just the sfz file without the samples set, no love...

2. coming from the other direction when I go into Zenbeats user folders via Files app, i see an sfz folder, as well as an "instruments samples" folder...is this the key? put the sfz into "sfz" and its samples into "instruments sample"?

3. if this is the way to put sfz into the app via Files, or there is another one that works, where then can I then find it once I'm in Zenbeats?,

• @Littlewoodg said:

@anickt said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @anickt thanks comrade

yep theres a learning curve but its not too steep. funny thing i was an early (1.0) adopter of Stagelight PC, but i never dug very far into it. Now I want in!

(And now I want all the Timbaland and Linkin Park loops i bought for SL in ZB,. I stripped all the kits and hits but i want the loops, especially since you started this thread...I kept them for a long while but purged them in a heedless cull. and now I'm sad)

sfz! you can stop me right here and link me to the goods on this question, i imagine its on the forum someplace, or youtube, but take a look, its a worthy puzzler:

1. a couple of the onboard instruments offer the option of loading sfz. When I go into Files via the prompt i can load an sfz file but the sfz's I've got (and most worth their salt) include a set of sample files...when I load just the sfz file without the samples set, no love...

2. coming from the other direction when I go into Zenbeats user folders via Files app, i see an sfz folder, as well as an "instruments samples" folder...is this the key? put the sfz into "sfz" and its samples into "instruments sample"?

3. if this is the way to put sfz into the app via Files, or there is another one that works, where then can I then find it once I'm in Zenbeats?,

I spent a lot of time with SFZ and SF2 files in another app (I don’t remember which. Not any of the current SF players) and gave up after a while. I couldn’t get them to work consistently and didn’t think it was worth the effort but as I like to say “YMMV”. 😉

I have several SFZ’s that import as expected into SampleVerse. The SFZ file and all the samples are in one folder in the User SFZ folder. I had some others that I couldn’t get to work. Those tended to have multiple layers of folders. I gave up on those because they weren’t anything I would use anyway as it turned out.

Hope this helps!

• @anickt said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@anickt said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @anickt thanks comrade

I spent a lot of time with SFZ and SF2 files in another app (I don’t remember which. Not any of the current SF players) and gave up after a while. I couldn’t get them to work consistently and didn’t think it was worth the effort but as I like to say “YMMV”. 😉

I have several SFZ’s that import as expected into SampleVerse. The SFZ file and all the samples are in one folder in the User SFZ folder. I had some others that I couldn’t get to work. Those tended to have multiple layers of folders. I gave up on those because they weren’t anything I would use anyway as it turned out.

Hope this helps!

it does help!

will give it a spin...